Chud To Boston College

I know. That’s my point. Chudzinski’s offense only looked good when he had the best team ever. As soon as those guys graduated, his offense was garbage. Also, let’s realize there was still a ton of talent on the 03 team. Berlin is the last UM QB to actually play in an NFL game. Frank Gore and Jarrett Payton were both NFL running backs. Kellen Winslow, Roscoe Parrish. Devin Hester, Sinorice Moss, Vernon Carey, Eric Winston, Rashad Butler. All of those guys had legit NFL careers. There’s more but you get the point.
Anyone who thinks there wasn't talent in 03 is pure stupidity...there STILL was NC Caliber talent at Greentree then...

Advertisement
Was a "senior" dorm (really, non-freshmen) when I was there, after Chud. But I thought it was eliminated as part of the new dorms on Lake Osceola? I know they got rid of the horrific apartments, which needed to happen. They were some of the oldest buildings on campus.

I think you were in a transitionary period for Eaton. I always knew it as "Senior" dorms.

When did you go to UM?

Eaton started out as San Sebastian Hall in the 50s, it was originally all-female (and that's where we got the name for Sebastian the Ibis). Later, when there were more dorms, it was the senior dorm and the name was changed to Eaton Hall. In 1986, the building was renovated and became Eaton Residential College. After my freshman year, it became a popular location, so you tended to have fewer freshmen and more upperclassmen. By 1990s, all of the dorms (Eaton, Hecht, Stanford, Mahoney, and Pearson) were residential colleges, open to all levels of students, and it was that way from the mid 80s until at least the late 90s.

I had heard that they converted Hecht to "freshmen", so it makes sense that Eaton would be for "seniors".

Take a look at Google maps, the new dorms are going up between Eaton and the Merrick/Pavia parking garages. Eaton is staying put.

When did you go to UM?

Eaton started out as San Sebastian Hall in the 50s, it was originally all-female (and that's where we got the name for Sebastian the Ibis). Later, when there were more dorms, it was the senior dorm and the name was changed to Eaton Hall. In 1986, the building was renovated and became Eaton Residential College. After my freshman year, it became a popular location, so you tended to have fewer freshmen and more upperclassmen. By 1990s, all of the dorms (Eaton, Hecht, Stanford, Mahoney, and Pearson) were residential colleges, open to all levels of students, and it was that way from the mid 80s until at least the late 90s.

I had heard that they converted Hecht to "freshmen", so it makes sense that Eaton would be for "seniors".

Take a look at Google maps, the new dorms are going up between Eaton and the Merrick/Pavia parking garages. Eaton is staying put.
Just walked that entire area last weekend...

Advertisement
I love the guy but nothing to get our panties in a bunch over. The Ed Reed role is already filled here and I don't think Chud would actually be an asset offensively to Lashlee.

Chud is a great guy, but always had the personality and passion of an amoeba.

That, and he was calling the offense for Miami from 2001 to 2003 with an ***-load of talent.

Career trajectory hasn't been anything to write home about since then.

Nice guy. Glad he landed a new gig, but the impact of this hire will be as strong as a wet fart.

When did you go to UM?

Most of us that frequent the campus know about the new dorms and where they are going, I was wondering if you knew if they’re doing anything for the dorms that are going to remain. Any major refurbishments and/or major redecoration/additions? I haven’t previously asked, it just came to my mind. Because let’s be honest, of the dorms that are remaining, there are still some pretty nasty ones

Not sure I agree with the passion part.

Michael Irvin and Andre Johnson have VERY different personalities.

Most would say Irvin had A LOT more passion than Andre.

And that's because he's much more demonstrative than Andre.

But they were the 2 greatest WRs to come out of the school.

And I'd choose Andre over Irvin for the best ever at Miami.

Irvin was great, but Andre was a lot bigger, stronger and a lot faster.

Deion gave Irvin problems. He would've been thrown to the curb trying to cover Andre 1 on 1.

Far too big and strong for Sanders.

Very hard to read what someone has on the inside just by looking at their face.

Chud is a great guy, but always had the personality and passion of an amoeba.

That, and he was calling the offense for Miami from 2001 to 2003 with an ***-load of talent.

Career trajectory hasn't been anything to write home about since then.

Nice guy. Glad he landed a new gig, but the impact of this hire will be as strong as a wet fart.

Berlin came one miss-pass (Winslow Wide Open in EZ while scrambling against Tenn) from playing for a NC in 03....Dude never lost to UF or FSU....5-0....
you forget we lost at va tech as well.remember the te dropped the fake punt pass in the endzone.

Advertisement
I know. That’s my point. Chudzinski’s offense only looked good when he had the best team ever. As soon as those guys graduated, his offense was garbage. Also, let’s realize there was still a ton of talent on the 03 team. Berlin is the last UM QB to actually play in an NFL game. Frank Gore and Jarrett Payton were both NFL running backs. Kellen Winslow, Roscoe Parrish. Devin Hester, Sinorice Moss, Vernon Carey, Eric Winston, Rashad Butler. All of those guys had legit NFL careers. There’s more but you get the point.
I agree but you have to remember who the hc was then.and see that was the beginning of our slide.chud and coker clashed over the offense in 03 so chud bailed and went to Cleveland.to understand what I'm talking about watch okst offense from 84-88.coker was the oc and the similarities between then a nd our offenses during the 03-06 seasons.

Chud was overrated by our fanbase, but I'm surprised he can't even get a position coaching job.

Chud got screwed by the Browns. Turns out he was the best coach they've had in the past 30 years and people had no idea what they were doing at the time. And he was a successful OC in both the NFL & college. This fan base really lacks a lot of intelligence.

:q3xkxex:

C5CFEA73-FE86-4264-9F0A-5C2F66566365.jpeg

Got to spend some time with Coach Chud last few days. Great guy... brought these in for me

Advertisement
You live up here? Chud’s dude, 07’ (birth year) is going to be a really good hockey player. He already is but he is 14 and just starting to really figure it out. Kid can play. Some serious athletic genes in that family.
I’m from Mass, live in Fort Lauderdale. Yeah he actually mentioned that briefly that his kids play hockey. He likes the area.

Advertisement
I remember the good ol' days at Grassy when I absolutely used to rip Chud, lol.

I still maintain his play-call to have Payton on the half-back option throwback to Dorsey in the Vatech game(which got INT and housed for a TD) instead of just doing the simple thing and giving the ball to Willis McGahee for his 7th TD that day cost him the Heisman Trophy

Never forgave him for that...

How successful was his offense in 2003 when they wasted what was probably the greatest UM defense ever? If you want to crown him for having a good offense in 2001 and 2002, then you better crown Coker for being the head coach of those teams.

I always wonder, who's insistence was it that Berlin be made to play under center, instead of the shotgun spread after that comeback vs Florida? We kept trying to stick a square peg into a round hole. But hey, Miami was 'NFL U'!!!

Advertisement
Back