Chud To Boston College

I always wonder, who's insistence was it that Berlin be made to play under center, instead of the shotgun spread after that comeback vs Florida? We kept trying to stick a square peg into a round hole. But hey, Miami was 'NFL U'!!!
My brother, it took 17 years for UM to finally realize that. Why a team in the heart of the greatest skill position recruiting grounds in the world would continue to trot a fullback out year after year is one of life’s greatest mysteries

Advertisement
My brother, it took 17 years for UM to finally realize that. Why a team in the heart of the greatest skill position recruiting grounds in the world would continue to trot a fullback out year after year is one of life’s greatest mysteries

Id argue that the 2003offense (while not 2000-2002 levels) actually had like 7 or 8 guys make the league, and all it really had to be was slightly above average and they could've won a national title. I still remember that stinker vs a terrible Cuse squad(where IIRC, Berlin was benched for Crudup), I mean, even the wins were putrid, at times

Id argue that the 2003 (while not 2000-2002) levels actually had like 7 or 8 guys make the league, and all it really had to be was slightly above average and they could've won a national title. I still remember that stinker vs a terrible Cuse squad(where IIRC, Berlin was benched for Crudup), I mean, even the wins were putrid, at times
03 defense might have been the all time best. If the offense was even average, they win the natty. The worst thing is, they had a **** ton of talent on offense. If they would have just scrapped the I formation, under center, 1980’s crap that guys like Coker and Chudzinski lived by, they would have dominated.

03 defense might have been the all time best. If the offense was even average, they win the natty. The worst thing is, they had a **** ton of talent on offense. If they would have just scrapped the I formation, under center, 1980’s crap that guys like Coker and Chudzinski lived by, they would have dominated.

go back to the loss to Tenn at the Orange Bowl. Offense struggles all day, but finally, that last drive they start wearing down the Vols defense. Jarrett Payton is actually having his career-defining moment, and literally all Chud had to do was keep calling his number, or just run the ball in general.

Whats he do? Dials up a pass, Berlin gets hit, pass gets intercepted. It was stupifying to see that live.

(Funny story, we run into Payton's mother, Connie, after the game near the team buses, she was ****ed, lol)

Advertisement
BC will find a way to ***** it up. That said, I agree 100%. The AD hopefully has a clue. The school has changed dramatically since I was roaming the joint.
It’s a new AD, football guy. Played at Indiana. He came from temple. Hired Rhule, Geoff Collins, Manny..

Most if not all BC ADs weren’t football guys.

It’s a new AD, football guy. Played at Indiana. He came from temple. Hired Rhule, Geoff Collins, Manny..

Most if not all BC ADs weren’t football guys.
Gladchuk was probably the last one, he hired T.C. He had it going into he went to Jville. The small amount of birdies I talk to over there like the new guy. He made a great hire. I hope they both stick around for a while. I also here the new AD has some ‘plans’ for some other sports that should be staples at BC. It will be interesting to watch.

I appreciate the insight my man.

Id argue that the 2003offense (while not 2000-2002 levels) actually had like 7 or 8 guys make the league, and all it really had to be was slightly above average and they could've won a national title. I still remember that stinker vs a terrible Cuse squad(where IIRC, Berlin was benched for Crudup), I mean, even the wins were putrid, at times
If Brock sees a Wide Open Winslow in the EZ against Tennessee, we in most likelihood play for a NC in 03....

Advertisement
Gladchuk was probably the last one, he hired T.C. He had it going into he went to Jville. The small amount of birdies I talk to over there like the new guy. He made a great hire. I hope they both stick around for a while. I also here the new AD has some ‘plans’ for some other sports that should be staples at BC. It will be interesting to watch.

I appreciate the insight my man.
Yeah he didn’t go over that much when we met up just kore so the football projects but his personality definitely isn’t of a AD lmao he reminds you of a coach.

Yeah he didn’t go over that much when we met up just kore so the football projects but his personality definitely isn’t of a AD lmao he reminds you of a coach.
BC really needs men’s lacrosse, natural fit. Title 9 gymnastics to make that happen. I am focused on my high school and being involved over there since my kid goes there. I was involved with BC Hockey for a while but the kids came. Chud is in a good spot with Hafley. The hoops team is brutal but he brought in his own guy. Let’s see how that goes. Jerry will coach until he dies but that would be a tricky hire for any AD. Hiring the guy to replace the winningest coach in history. Have fun with that…

Hafley got me interested, Chud is a Cane so now I will follow them a bit more.

OK- back to the team that really matters!

I always wonder, who's insistence was it that Berlin be made to play under center, instead of the shotgun spread after that comeback vs Florida? We kept trying to stick a square peg into a round hole. But hey, Miami was 'NFL U'!!!

I think it's more than that. At the time, just about any kid who wanted to play in the NFL needed to be able to take snaps from center. I understand that Brock was better out of the gun, but I don't think we put him under center simply to be stubborn. If that was it, we would have never let him go back to the shotgun.

Advertisement
Btw...it was Chud's TD that ultimately beat Bama in the 89/90 NC....

Yep.

Chud was the first Engineering student I met, besides my friends from Eaton (my roommate and my suitemate). It was in Professor Anderson's AUTOCAD class in the College of Engineering. I will tell you this, when I first met Chud, he wasn't that much bigger than me, but by the time he left UM, he was much bigger. I'll always love and respect that guy, he is free to live and work and coach wherever he wants, he paid his dues, and he is a great UM alum who loves The U.

Go Canes!

BC really needs men’s lacrosse, natural fit. Title 9 gymnastics to make that happen. I am focused on my high school and being involved over there since my kid goes there. I was involved with BC Hockey for a while but the kids came. Chud is in a good spot with Hafley. The hoops team is brutal but he brought in his own guy. Let’s see how that goes. Jerry will coach until he dies but that would be a tricky hire for any AD. Hiring the guy to replace the winningest coach in history. Have fun with that…

Hafley got me interested, Chud is a Cane so now I will follow them a bit more.

OK- back to the team that really matters!
That’s the home team so I always hope they do well... but absolutely

Because we hired followers as corches.

Advertisement
Because we hired followers as corches.
I’m curious as to what the interviews were like over the years. Was the “NFL U” idea encouraged by our ADs? Was “we run a pro style system here” an actual topic? I’m always interested in just what the interview and hiring process was/is for the program.

I’m curious as to what the interviews were like over the years. Was the “NFL U” idea encouraged by our ADs? Was “we run a pro style system here” an actual topic? I’m always interested in just what the interview and hiring process was/is for the program.
That’s the thing. There were no interviews in most of these instances. The only guy who genuinely was interviewed was Golden. Coker got hired out of fear. Shannon got hired because Shalala. Richt got begged to come so Flake wouldn’t have to interview anyone or make a real decision. Manny got begged to come back for the same reason.

The Golden interview was binders and pillars and ‘I’m not Randy,’ which Hocutt liked apparently.

That’s the thing. There were no interviews in most of these instances. The only guy who genuinely was interviewed was Golden. Coker got hired out of fear. Shannon got hired because Shalala. Richt got begged to come so Flake wouldn’t have to interview anyone or make a real decision. Manny got begged to come back for the same reason.

The Golden interview was binders and pillars and ‘I’m not Randy,’ which Hocutt liked apparently.

Don't forget, there were two Dan Mullet interviews mixed in there.

Advertisement
Back