Chud To Boston College

Advertisement
Just saying. So and so has had a long NFL coaching career doesn’t mean jack ****. These bums get recycled more than aluminum cans.

You're not completely wrong, particularly at the "head coach" level, as there are guys who get second and third and fourth HC jobs who only get those job interviews because of the (prior) job title.

But I think that Chud didn't go that route. First, he steadily rose through the ranks, he did not get the NFL HC job because of his UM OC accomplishments, he got it by succeeding through several job levels in the NFL. Second, he is not being recycled into another NFL HC job, he's actually going down that "Nick Saban" pathway, where he rehabs as a consultant before coming back as a better/stronger/faster coaching candidate (at least if your last name isn't "Enos").

Yeah, what happened there?

Absolutely no idea. I know he supposedly has an acerbic personality but theoretically most coaches are golden for life once you win a Super Bowl. And I know it's not a Bill Cowher type of situation either as Billick has said he's open to job offers.

Advertisement
Chudzinski is Awesome; as a player, coach, and a person!!
We would have been lucky to have him as a head coach.

Chudzinski is Awesome; as a player, coach, and a person!!
We would have been lucky to have him as a head coach.

Our very first day of classes at UM, our very first class, Chud and I were in the same AutoCad class. Plus we both lived in Eaton.

A year later, I switched from Engineering to Business, but I can definitely say that Chud is a quality human being.

Our very first day of classes at UM, our very first class, Chud and I were in the same AutoCad class. Plus we both lived in Eaton.

A year later, I switched from Engineering to Business, but I can definitely say that Chud is a quality human being.

Kool. I would run into him in random places. Off the top of my head (1) one time at that bar / restaurant on Brickell and 13th - no longer there but believe it was called Gordon Biersch, (2) another time while he was riding a bike on Key Biscayne with his then-girlfriend and believe they later got married, and other places as well. Just an overall good guy!

Last edited:
.I have nothing against Chud but he made the worst play call I have ever seen when he had Payton throw a wet football to Dorsey from the Va. Tech one yard clear across the field. The pass was intercepted and returned 100 yards for a touchdown. UM had run at will against the Hokies all day. His getting cute turned a runaway into a competitive game.

Advertisement
Anyway, Chud isn’t a former HC who’s taking an analyst role because their buyouts mean that they make exactly the same as an analyst as they would as a coordinator. (Exactly zero.) This must be the best job Chud can get.

Kind of pathetic.

Give it a rest.

Al Golden went from a UM HC job down to TIGHT ENDS coach at one of the worst NFL franchises to...a demotion to the defensive side (still Detroit)...to being FIRED from that defensive position coach job at Detroit...to taking the same position in Cincy, another bad NFL franchise...

While Chud went from a UM OC job to an NFL position coach, then an NFL OC (promotion) to an NFL HC (promotion), and even after being fired as an NFL HC, he became an Associate Head Coach and OC.

Chud put in his time and was rightfully promoted. Golden has gone backwards.

No comparison.

Chud is going way backwards. He’s a college analyst. Golden is an NFL position coach. Golden is actually above Chud on the coaching hierarchy.

Golden got hired by the Bengals as a position coach a few days after the Lions fired him.

You're not completely wrong, particularly at the "head coach" level, as there are guys who get second and third and fourth HC jobs who only get those job interviews because of the (prior) job title.

But I think that Chud didn't go that route. First, he steadily rose through the ranks, he did not get the NFL HC job because of his UM OC accomplishments, he got it by succeeding through several job levels in the NFL. Second, he is not being recycled into another NFL HC job, he's actually going down that "Nick Saban" pathway, where he rehabs as a consultant before coming back as a better/stronger/faster coaching candidate (at least if your last name isn't "Enos").

Former head coaches are the only people who become analysts by choice. They do that because their next job is going to basically be a volunteer job, no matter what it is. (Their salaries at the next job get subtracted from their head coaching buyout.) Therefore, they might as well take the job that requires the least responsibility and hours.

Plus they serve under people like Nick Saban. Not the newly hired BC coach whose name I already forget after seeing it 2 seconds ago.

Last edited:
I didn't want to say it and circumstances and desires/options obviously change but this certainly is a departure from taking his name out of consideration immediately for our HC openings.
Lol at Dudzinski ever taking his name out of the running for the UM HC gig. I never bought this dude as any sort of top coach. I remember dubbing him Chud17ski after his Browns put up 17 yards in an entire game.

Advertisement
Chud had lot of coaching years in NFL before that one year HC gig and more years after. Many a HC career dies in Cleveland. I never had issue with Chud, but being at BC makes me puke a little.
Just a pay check it seems...

Doesn’t bother me

Advertisement
Why did he leave the Miami OC job to become the Browns TE coach? Seems like a rather odd move to me.

He did end up as their interim OC after Butch Davis got fired and the previous OC was made interim HC, but it’s not like he could have known that at the time.

Why anyone who wants to maintain a career would take an HC job with the Browns is astonishing to me. Worst-managed franchise in the NFL and they fire the HC every year.

As for Chud, he'll be a low-level college HC within a year and get back to D1 the next, if not sooner.

All of this sounds legit except for a freshman living in Eaton, which is virtually unheard of. Or... was then, because I don't think Eaton exists anymore.

Video Coordinator at BC “seems like” a step down from NFL HC?

Definitely true but I also think I saw Bruce Coslet a few years ago applying for a job at Enterprise Rent a Car. He was verrrry intrigued about their "management program" but they hired some 26 yr old recent bizness skool grad of Keiser "University" over him.

Advertisement
Back