Christian Williams to Portal

the culture here needed to change.. and that's why blake james is ultimately responsible... chasing down manny diaz from temple to beg him to coach here when he was part of the culture issue that was prevalent at the time... when miami hits reboot they still can't do it correctly... it sucks but he isn't the guy.. we are just delaying the inevitable

blake james should be taken to task whether or not d'erique king bails his *** out this year

Advertisement
I’ll just say there’s still some issues in the locker room. I’m not posting names and starting unnecessary drama/rumors. Just stating things aren’t peachy.
I'll take that as locker room meaning players, which is more encouraging than staff. We already know our weaknesses there. I'd expect a full court press for a couple of good CB recuits.

This is about more than just PT, right? With the way Ivey has played and he was one injury/suspension away from heavy PT, gotta be something more.
If Williams was done with this program transfering now makes sense, if he can transfer and sit out this year and play right away next year it makes sense. He won't lose a year(2021 sitting) of eligibility and still keep a RS year.

Everything that needs to be said about Rumph has been said, now it's on Diaz to take charge of the CB room and make the changes. If Rumph really doesn't have the evals and recruiting responsabilities, it's on Diaz to be rumble and bring somebody that knows what to do, because this defensive staff clealy can't deliver.

These kids come in expecting a lot of pt and if they don’t get it immediately they’re ready to bounce. It’s only getting worse, it’s a problem everywhere. Good luck at being around 85.
The southparkcane version of this is expect more departures but that shouldn’t really be alarming. It’s like that across the country

Advertisement
Until im proven otherwise, I will continue to say Manny is not the right coach for this program. Remember when Lashlee asked about Manny to I believe it was TVD, he said he was a good, “players coach.” While some of you might think that’s what is needed in this day and age, I don’t. We need a hard a** to change the culture and get us on the right path. Manny was part of the culture issue from the last regime. This is exactly why I wanted a disciplinarian as somewhat of a stop gap, when Richt left.

Advertisement
Rumph will be gone after this season.
Wont fix ****.

There seems to be no desire to punish bad play. Been a constant theme for a minute here actually.

What is the purpose of leaving guys out on the field game after game watching them make the same mistakes? Because hes "a good kid" doesnt mean he should be playing more.

Carter should not be starting.

Ivey should be benched.

Ford needs to be put on notice.

Pope needs to be given a few more games to flash. If not, next man up.

I’ll just say there’s still some issues in the locker room. I’m not posting names and starting unnecessary drama/rumors. Just stating things aren’t peachy.

Program issues start at the top.

You have to set the tone, build the culture, recruit the proper mix of kids and then build trust with them on how things are being run and handled.

Then we’re in big trouble this year. Basically knowing that pretty much ruins all my expectations for the season. Until the culture is right we’re ****ed.

Advertisement
Then we’re in big trouble this year. Basically knowing that pretty much ruins all my expectations for the season. Until the culture is right we’re ****ed.

Nothing like last year , that’s at least the positive. Last year was the craziest **** I’ve ever seen in my 42 years. This year it’s more butt hurt about depth chart and pt. Not guys going awol the night before the game and being blazed 24 hours a day.

Nothing like last year , that’s at least the positive. Last year was the craziest **** I’ve ever seen in my 42 years. This year it’s more butt hurt about depth chart and pt. Not guys going awol the night before the game and being blazed 24 hours a day.
Hahaha well that’s good. Kids are just different nowadays. Nobody wants to earn PT.

Advertisement
I'm with you on this Lu. I've heard the stories of guys lighting it up in practice and never seeing that translate on the field. I've seen guys show up in games after not hearing about them in practice. Maybe some guys just don't go as hard on their friends/teammates in practice. Maybe there's a little self preservation in practice because it's not as meaningful. Maybe some guys don't have nerves in practice or think as much but they get in their heads in games.....or vice versa. Maybe that gameday feel elevates them. There can be a variety of reasons.

So until i see a guy actually fail on the field, it's tough to say with any certainty that he didn't have it.
One of the best games I ever played in came off a terrible week of practice. We played against a team that went no huddle and did a lot of misdirection. When we ran 1st team D against scout team O, I think I let the slow-as-**** 3rd string TE catch an obscene amount of passes. I was unprepared. Basically, I had my head up my *** early in the week. I watched the opponent's film and looked at the workbook the coaches had prepared. The opponent made a few wrinkles in the game, but I was 1000% more focused than whatever bull**** (getting my HS gf pregnant or who knows, lol) I may have been thinking earlier in the week.

As someone currently in education and training (from K-12 to Corporate), the ability to transfer skills from a learning/practice environment to "real life" is at the heart of my research/work. Sometimes it's on the student (player, in this case); sometimes it's on those creating the practice environment that may or may not translate.

D$ and I used to debate Kaaya's projections over and over. He wasn't lying when he'd tell everyone Kaaya looked like Peyton freakin' Manning in practice. I'd constantly harp on "live bullets." I think D$ even qualifies his QB comments now with "but let's see live bullets."

All of that to say "maybe Williams wasn't a good practice player, maybe he's really not that good or maybe whatever situations we create for our DBs in practice don't translate to live games." I can't tell you because I don't get access to practice like I once did. What I can say is I reserve judgment now regardless of what we hear from Greentree. Information coming out of there is definitely useful as a clue, but who really knows how it'll ultimately translate.

There are locker room issues in every single D1, P5 locker room in football and basketball. The same narrative exists in every locker room for almost every position where there isn't an established stud at a position like King at qb, Hedley at punter.
1. Every starter is favored by the coach(es)
2. Every back-up (and his parents) are convinced that but for the favoritism, the back-up would be starting.
3. Every back-up (and his parents) are convinced that he should transfer because the next school/coach will use him correctly.
4. Every back-up will reach the professional level if the coach will just be smarter, more fair and a better coach and play the back-up.

My nephew was a McDonald's high school all-american who started from his freshman season for Indiana. All I heard from his parents (and parents of other kids on the basketball team) was the above narrative. And from meeting his friends over the years from other schools, the same narrative played out everywhere. its called. . . human nature.

Now people are seeing why we constantly ***** about recruiting at cb. This happens. Injuries , transfers , kids are kicked off etc. Yet our numbers are always razor thin, eventually we’re going to get bit bad playing Russian roulette with the cb’s.
running back depth isn't to great either :

**** homie...... you do your homework!!! Keep it coming... FACTS!
I love these Canes, but like my Lil’ relatives who some have gone on to play D1, FCS, and some NFL....I’m hella critical of them by providing facts. I know what my eyes see. Our CBs don’t have good technique. How many CBs do we have in the NFL under Rumph’s tutelage??

Advertisement
Back