Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
Already ? You say that as if a guy didn’t just transfer 24 hours ago. So yeah , already.
I was thinking maybe it was a singular case as opposed to widespread discord in the locker room in Week 2. I don’t doubt you it just seems a bit early for all that. It’s disappointing to hear and honestly I’d rather not know the details. Hopefully we win and none of this matters.

To be fair, how many schools not named Clemson have complete team harmony? How many Power 5 schools do not have portal transfers? Here in Austin, we had a 5 star player who walked out in the middle of the game last Saturday.

Nothing like last year , that’s at least the positive. Last year was the craziest **** I’ve ever seen in my 42 years. This year it’s more butt hurt about depth chart and pt. Not guys going awol the night before the game and being blazed 24 hours a day.
Is this related to both sides of the ball, meaning it’s more of an issue on defense or offense or equally?

Wonder if Clark starting this week at guard has anything to do with this mentality also since Traore only had one game to keep his job.

Advertisement
@DMoney has a point. We hear Couch might be starting, during camp we even heard Dunson and Clarke's name. Seems like Williams was lost in the mix. He hustled hard on ST and to leave after one game might mean we dont know if its something person. Maybe Harrel will play some CB
Look, it seems most of the kids go portal when a younger player passes them up: Hillary, Herbert opted out because Rivers and Washington passed them up. Maybe First practice backed they may have move one of the freshmen to his spot . Williams came to us because Alabama dropped him, then according to everyone we beat out LSU for him. Really, LSU putting out DB's left and right into the league and we beat them out for Williams, I don't think so. If we all remember we got Williams at the last moment, once we struck out on all our other top choices. Maybe he just wasn't that good, and some young guns passed him up.

I was thinking maybe it was a singular case as opposed to widespread discord in the locker room in Week 2. I don’t doubt you it just seems a bit early for all that. It’s disappointing to hear and honestly I’d rather not know the details. Hopefully we win and none of this matters.

Like I said this goes on everywhere and it’s nothing like last year. But there was rustled jimmies after the first depth chart and after uab.

These kids now don’t want to wait their turn , it’s now or i’m out.

the culture here needed to change.. and that's why blake james is ultimately responsible... chasing down manny diaz from temple to beg him to coach here when he was part of the culture issue that was prevalent at the time... when miami hits reboot they still can't do it correctly... it sucks but he isn't the guy.. we are just delaying the inevitable

blake james should be taken to task whether or not d'erique king bails his *** out this year
This... FFS, Richt gave us the gift of not paying a buyout for the first time since Butch!! What does that clown do..... immediately and without interviewing anyone, pays 4 million dollars to get back the prior DC, who hadn't even moved yet.
LMAO at flake shames still being employed.

Advertisement
These kids come in expecting a lot of pt and if they don’t get it immediately they’re ready to bounce. It’s only getting worse, it’s a problem everywhere. Good luck at being around 85.
It’s only going to be worse when the NCAA changes the transfer rules too.

Like I said this goes on everywhere and it’s nothing like last year. But there was rustled jimmies after the first depth chart and after uab.

These kids now don’t want to wait their turn , it’s now or i’m out.

You're 100% right it goes on everywhere.

With that said, those same "rustled jimmies" were jimmies that couldn't beat out Ivey.....who isn't a starting level corner for a team with any aspirations of competing.

So what I'm trying to say is, this just further highlights how incompetent a job Rumph has done with this depth chart. The fact Williams is transferring is irrelevant. "Why" he's transferring is irrelevant. What's relevant is that Rumph's one "prized" recruit wasn't even good enough to dispel a below average starter. When a kid can play, he usually shows signs right away and forces the coaches to put him on the field. Bandy was an example of that.

That CB depth chart needs to be stapled to Rumph's forehead. Plain and simple. He owns it , should be accountable for it, and if the season disappoints due to our pass defense.....should cost him his job.

Advertisement
To be fair, how many schools not named Clemson have complete team harmony? How many Power 5 schools do not have portal transfers? Here in Austin, we had a 5 star player who walked out in the middle of the game last Saturday.

Until I see Miami players doing a TicTok video to Taylor swift I will be convinced that this locker room is fractured beyond repair! 🤬💯

Here comes the locker room issues :LOL: broken record with this program.
Sad but true. If they didn't have an idea who these locker room lawyers were after last season's year of death, then they're clueless. They should have reevaluated every aspect of the program after last year and shot everyone out of here in a canon who didn't fit what Manny wanted.

This is revisionist history.

Jackson did not have a 2nd round grade. He came back and had a great year (Miami had the #1 pass defense, #1 pass efficiency defense, and #1 3rd down conversion defense in the country) and got drafted in the 4th round.

Bandy didn't have a great junior year, but he was forced to play more outside (which is a recruiting issue, not a coaching issue).

Dean and Delaney were mediocre transfers, and played as such.

You also left out Corn and Colbert who had solid senior years after being on defenses that were booty sweat.

Let's not make sh*t up just to tear down Rumph. There's enough there already to criticize.
Lol Some had him as a day 2 pick after his Junior year, he came back regressed and was drafted in the 5th round, not the 4th.

Advertisement
I'm always leery of kids that we pull from areas where there is a hometown power. This is a kid from Alabama. He was an ex-Bama commit. The fact that Bama I guess let him go suggests maybe they know more than we do or did. (We've seen this when we've recruited linemen from the midwest.) You can certainly fault the UM coaching staff for bringing him in, but the more I think about this, I think this kid maybe just isn't that good. That's disappointing because I had high expectations for him.

My understanding is you can play this year & not lose a year of eligibility? Why not finish up another semester of school, get some film for colleges to review/gain some experience? Transferring now makes zero sense.

Didn't read thread to see if this was discussed.

You're 100% right it goes on everywhere.

With that said, those same "rustled jimmies" were jimmies that couldn't beat out Ivey.....who isn't a starting level corner for a team with any aspirations of competing.

So what I'm trying to say is, this just further highlights how incompetent a job Rumph has done with this depth chart. The fact Williams is transferring is irrelevant. "Why" he's transferring is irrelevant. What's relevant is that Rumph's one "prized" recruit wasn't even good enough to dispel a below average starter. When a kid can play, he usually shows signs right away and forces the coaches to put him on the field. Bandy was an example of that.

That CB depth chart needs to be stapled to Rumph's forehead. Plain and simple. He owns it , should be accountable for it, and if the season disappoints due to our pass defense.....should cost him his job.

To be fair it’s not just cb where guys are “ rustled “. Even though I agree about Rumph.

I was told multiple guys would be leaving and three have left within the last week. I’m sure there’ll be more but Williams seemed like a bit of a surprise.

Advertisement
Back