Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
So as my guy @Dwinstitles eloquently asked, did Rumph “really” beat out LSU for Williams? Like I feel every time Rumph “beats” a school for a recruit, it’s not a win v. a drop. Same when he “beat” Saban for Dean. Now I’m worried about Dunson. If Williams couldn’t beat out Ivey or Couch, and he was the 4th DB by a wide margin, that will make Rumph 0-2 in prospect “flips.”
i said it then n i got dms from that nsd that said we took him from lsu which i now believe was bs, i think they message me to keep me from moping Im assuming.

Last edited:
So as my guy @Dwinstitles eloquently asked, did Rumph “really” beat out LSU for Williams? Like I feel every time Rumph “beats” a school for a recruit, it’s not a win v. a drop. Same when he “beat” Saban for Dean. Now I’m worried about Dunson. If Williams couldn’t beat out Ivey or Couch, and he was the 4th DB by a wide margin, that will make Rumph 0-2 in prospect “flips.”
also this logic means wtf do we have at corner

29 pages in...and we have ONE cornerback committed for 2021.

What are we going to do about this?

JUCO corners are such a crapshoot and there are very few really good ones that should play at this level. Watch Last Chance U s5...#1 JUCO corner in the nation was getting cooked often. That is what you're getting.
Transfer portal is often a bit light on corners...often a bunch of Christian Williams types that would probably slot in as #4 types. Not instant starter types.
Getting a corner looking to go from G5 or FCS to P5 you end up with Dee Delaney types. Serviceable, but shouldn't be starting.

Its September already. Fortunately, its South Florida and cornerbacks grow on trees here and many emerge later in their HS career, so...grind the tape.
Agreed we grab 2 more corners. Definitely immediate playing time. Gotta sell sell sell.

Advertisement
Go look at our cb depth chart , then go read every post about the recruiting fails and depth issues at cb then come back and let’s talk. They’ve been the ******** walking this tight rope for years , while not fixing it.

This is why you recruit and stock up recruits, kids leave , are kicked off , get hurt or flunk out. Yet we stay with 4-5 cb’s rather than 8-9 like you should have.

How anyone is defending the staff at this point is amazing.
When you say staff do you mean defensive or Manny included?

just going to say this you can't blame rumph if a kid doesn't want to compete. we barely have enough corners to play 4 at the same time. this kid was one or two injuries away from getting burn.

7F735B24-EAE1-40ED-A590-CAE8CAA9B812.png

Advertisement
I couldn't tell you because I didn't see him play. At times, there seems to be a disconnect between what is seen on Greentree and what happens in the games, so I reserve judgment until we get a good look.

I'm with you on this Lu. I've heard the stories of guys lighting it up in practice and never seeing that translate on the field. I've seen guys show up in games after not hearing about them in practice. Maybe some guys just don't go as hard on their friends/teammates in practice. Maybe there's a little self preservation in practice because it's not as meaningful. Maybe some guys don't have nerves in practice or think as much but they get in their heads in games.....or vice versa. Maybe that gameday feel elevates them. There can be a variety of reasons.

So until i see a guy actually fail on the field, it's tough to say with any certainty that he didn't have it.

Advertisement
I get it. We need 8-10 in today’s game. That’s fine that we had a transfer each or the last two years, but surely they knew they needed to make up numbers this year and a transfer may have helped to space out classes. But then they passed on Wilson.

That aside, transfers are just part of the modern game. We get plenty and it cuts both ways. It’s not like losing Malek Young to a career ending injury out of the blue. No matter the reason, these guys are paid well to recruit and develop talent, and maintain roster balance. They are currently failing across the board.
I agree with bro. You gotta account for attrition in today’s game. Personally, just as far as this szn Idt it’s gunna kill us. We have kids in that safety room if push comes to shove can hold it down imo

Advertisement
I’ll just say there’s still some issues in the locker room. I’m not posting names and starting unnecessary drama/rumors. Just stating things aren’t peachy.
That's disappointing. At some point maybe they figure this stuff out. But don't expect much if this is the case.

Advertisement
Back