Christian McCaffrey

McCaffery breaking Sanders record is not nearly as impressive as so many people are trying to make it out to be.

His numbers are impressive, but I agree with you. They are adding Kickoff Returns and Punt Return to McCaffrey's total. Sanders didn't returned Kickoffs or Punts. Sanders' total was primarily from the running back position

Barry Sanders did indeed return kicks his Heisman season. In fact, he returned the opening kickoff in the first game for touchdown, and scored on another KOR later in the season.

Barry Sanders' record-setting 1988 season might never be duplicated

[video=youtube_share;4XKDe-wi0Ns]https://youtu.be/4XKDe-wi0Ns[/video]
He didnt return nearly as many though. Sanders from scrimmage blows McCaffrey out of the water.

363 plays 2734 yards and 37 TDs for Sanders from scrimmage in 11 games
360 plays 2387 yards 12 TDs for McCaffrey from scrimmage in 13 games

Breaking the record for all purpose yards is very hollow with all things considered.

Then the record he broke is hollow, all things considered.

Honestly I consider just about any yardage record to be pretty much worthless.

Advertisement
Should have been the heisman winner....dude doesn't need 40 carries and tired defenses to do work

Absurd that he didn't win it. Kid broke the record for all purpose yardage in a season playing against an elite schedule.

Take off the hater glasses. Henry and Watson both had better resumes than McCaffrey did.

Lets forget about the fact that Mccaffrey has 40 less carries and a better average ypc while also being a significant receiving threat, and a special teams threat. Last time I checked, all of your stats get included and this kid is a weapon in every facet of the game. If Alabama loses Henry, they are not going to be hurt that much by it. If Stanford loses Mccaffrey, they would be hurt quite a bit.

Of all his crazy athletic attributes, I think his balance is most impressive. He wastes almost no movements.

His numbers are impressive, but I agree with you. They are adding Kickoff Returns and Punt Return to McCaffrey's total. Sanders didn't returned Kickoffs or Punts. Sanders' total was primarily from the running back position

Barry Sanders did indeed return kicks his Heisman season. In fact, he returned the opening kickoff in the first game for touchdown, and scored on another KOR later in the season.

Barry Sanders' record-setting 1988 season might never be duplicated

[video=youtube_share;4XKDe-wi0Ns]https://youtu.be/4XKDe-wi0Ns[/video]
He didnt return nearly as many though. Sanders from scrimmage blows McCaffrey out of the water.

363 plays 2734 yards and 37 TDs for Sanders from scrimmage in 11 games
360 plays 2387 yards 12 TDs for McCaffrey from scrimmage in 13 games

Breaking the record for all purpose yards is very hollow with all things considered.

Then the record he broke is hollow, all things considered.

Honestly I consider just about any yardage record to be pretty much worthless.

Fair enough. Can't say I disagree.

Advertisement
Should have been the heisman winner....dude doesn't need 40 carries and tired defenses to do work

Absurd that he didn't win it. Kid broke the record for all purpose yardage in a season playing against an elite schedule.

Take off the hater glasses. Henry and Watson both had better resumes than McCaffrey did.

Henry had an SEC schedule, more rush yards (2,061 vs 1,847) and more TDs (25 vs 13) because Stanford gives the ball to Wright (13 TD) at the goalline.

McCaffrey averaged more yards per carry (5.79 vs 5.74), had more receptions (41 vs 11), and more receiving yards (540 vs 91).

Total Yards from Scrimmage:
McCaffrey - 2,387 on 360 touches
Henry - 2,152 on 370 touches

Oh yeah - he had ~1,700 return yards too.

Of all his crazy athletic attributes, I think his balance is most impressive. He wastes almost no movements.

Yearby is nice like that too when it comes to balance.

Too bad he is 2 tenths of a second faster and too bad his offensive line are turnstiles

Henry gets hyped up because he broke a conference rushing record. McCaffery breaks Barry Sanders all-purpose yards record, not a peep during the Heisman discussion.

McCaffery breaking Sanders record is not nearly as impressive as so many people are trying to make it out to be.

You clearly never watched Barry. He returned a good amount for TDs. Barry did it all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
CXrEeSCWAAEa9av.jpg

Advertisement
[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14483012[/video]

Somebody ***** slap that choad saying Heisman...

Advertisement
Back