Chris Stock picks Cook to Miami

The financial aid agreement is non-binding on the student athlete. It does, as has been highlighted previously, enable unlimited contact with the recruit by football staff and they can discuss the recruit publicly.

Advertisement
Don't mind me being Debbie Downer...but if he's been given the FA agreement, why are we discussing plans for it to be signed in the future?

I'd be much more excited if that thing got signed last night.

Debbie, everything starts with a conversation.. Even if he doesn't sign it, its a gangster move by Golden to ask a player committed to another team to sign an FA agreement with us. Show's how assumptive he is with his close

a) i'd be more excited if Dorito got hit by a bus and was replaced, immediately, by someone with a clue.

b) Cook can come to Miami and be the next in line of ALL-PRO NFL backs... Edge...Portis...McGahee...Gore....
FSU can sport....oh yeah scatback Warrick Dunn... and UF trots out some dude who's kid is playing there now... good luck with that D. Stay home. Get that paper.

Advertisement
luke stampini is saying miami si trying to get him to sign a fa agreement to get ag back in his house.

Advertisement
Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 2m

Will be posting a CanesInSight exclusive article with the mother of Dalvin Cook tonight #Canes

It's happening

Don't mind me being Debbie Downer...but if he's been given the FA agreement, why are we discussing plans for it to be signed in the future?

I'd be much more excited if that thing got signed last night.

What do people mean by saying sit on him?

Since he is so close to campus AG can visit everyday at school, home etc. basically take all the time away from others that need to travel to get face time.

Also worth saying that Luke Stampini for the Gayturd 247 site says Cook situation is looking like Tracy Howard situation all over again. When asked by gayturd fans why he thought that and if it was just a hunch or he heard something Luke said he was hearing things.

Advertisement
"- He's still deciding on the 14th after his game. “I’m looking forward to it, I’m going to do it with the guys that I grind with every day,” Cook said. “I just want to announce it with them guys and share the moment with them.”

- He's very close with Yearby and it killed him when he got hurt last Friday. “It’s tough, I feel like we’ve been together all of our life, we grew up together. Joe, that’s my boy and without being with him on Friday, without 3 being next to me, it’s going to be a crazy feeling. But I just have to do everything for him now.” He doesn't want to have to carry the load but he isnt afraid of it"

If he truly feels this way, there is NO WAY he starts to Tomahawk or Chomp in the grill of Yearby, Darling, etc. That would be cold-blooded.

- He's still deciding on the 14th after his game. “I’m looking forward to it, I’m going to do it with the guys that I grind with every day,” Cook said. “I just want to announce it with them guys and share the moment with them.”

- He's very close with Yearby and it killed him when he got hurt last Friday. “It’s tough, I feel like we’ve been together all of our life, we grew up together. Joe, that’s my boy and without being with him on Friday, without 3 being next to me, it’s going to be a crazy feeling. But I just have to do everything for him now.” He doesn't want to have to carry the load but he isnt afraid of it

- AG, Hurlie and Coley met with him and fht family for 90 minutes even before Cook arrived. “It went good,” Cook said. “It’s starting to be crunch time and I’m starting to narrow it down because I’m an early enrollee. They are trying to get everything in and they just told me that they need me real bad.”

- AG did most of the talking and convinced Cook that he's needed. “I saw that they really, really want me and they need me down at the ‘U’,” Cook said. “I could see it in Al Golden’s face and with the way he used some of his words, he expressed it more.

- Cook also asked Golden important questions which he answered well. “I asked how they were going to use me in their system, that was my main question and they told me they use their freshmen a lot,” Cook said. “They were giving me a lot of other freshmen names like Stacy Coley and how they used Duke Johnson.”

- Cook received a financial aid agreement from UM so they can speak publically about him and contact him freely. Cook plans to sign it yet and here's something interesting, he hasn't received one from UF or FSU.

- Coley talked to him about how he's going to be used in the offense

- He wants to find a system that fits him perfectly. “The best system for me is the system that’s going to give me the most space for me to make plays and I feel the ‘U’ does that with Duke, they give him a chance to use his ability on every play they get him to touch the ball,” Cook said. “That’s a great system for me.”

- Cook has a really good relationship with Duke. He thinks Duke is a great person and he's been like a brother to Cook. he gives him good advice but doesn't try to lead him to any school he just wants Cook to follow his heart

- Cook has pressure to stay home but doesn't focus on it. “I grew up a Cane, my whole family grew up a Cane—who didn’t grow up a Cane? Sometimes you have to just do what’s best for you and you just can’t listen to what everybody else says because they’re not going to be out there at practice and won’t be there in the dorm with you so you have to do what you’re heart says and just block people out sometimes.”

- He's been discussing his decision hard with his grandmother and mother. “I talk to (my grandma) about it, but I really talk to my momma about it because she’s been through the recruiting process with my brother (Deandre Burnett) down there (at Miami) now. She knows what to say and gives me a lot of great advice.”

- His brother Deandre Burnett tells him UM is a great place and it's a place with a great college life for the next 3 to 4 years

- He will isit this weekend but will also be at one of the open practices to the public (fans can come and show him, Dixon and many others love).“They are going to be practicing this weekend and I really want to see how they get after it in practice and see what the running backs do and just spend time with the coaches,” Cook said.

- He is still committed to UF. He had a UF coach visit him for about half of the day Monday. “We just kind of chopped it up and talked, that was it,” Cook said. “They were talking about the new offensive coordinator they were fittin’ to get and they are going to change their system up a little bit and things like that.”

- He will focus on who the next oc will be because it will play a big role in his future and how he'll be used

- He's an ee so he has to hurry but he says he's being patient and letting everything play out

- Tim Brewster was there later. “We kind of chopped it up, we talked, he came for a little bit, he didn’t stay the whole time, but we talked and we of talked like we always talk--kind of on a personal level,” Cook said.

- He's happy that FSU is #1 because Freeman is there and he's happy for him and all around for the program as well

- Freeman says they will us him well by taking advantage of his strengths and put Cook in the best position to be successful

- One thING Trevor Darling said that the team will get with Cook is an explosive player

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Busy-Time-of-Year-For-Miami-Central-RB-Dalvin-Cook-164314

U think Yearby's injury was a blessing in disguise? it made cook realize he doesnt want to play w/o his boy? sorry for the ghey but...

Are people posting the same things in this thread that were posted 3 hours ago about stampini etc. it's like déjà vous. how irksome.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back