Chris Stock picks Cook to Miami

If we get Cook the offensive talent we'd have would be pretty ridiculous. Crawford has shown he's a good player and he'd probably be fourth or fifth on the DC

If Griffin qualifies too oh lawd

Advertisement
FANS need to show up and show the team and recruits some LOVE at those practices. If I hear that some d*ckheads were out there booing when we got kids like Cook and Dixon there on the fence and we could be SO close to grabbing them, I might put a hammer through someone's skull.

Shut up, old don't even live in Miami *** yet wanna make threats to those who do *** ****.

I'll be the wigga lighting a sack of Doritos on fire. Come see me, bruh.

/The financial aid thing was a brilliant move by Golden. Wow.

I read some article saying some big @ss white boy f*cked up COok's visit hurling beer bottles at Dorito, and I aint even gonna have to come holla at ya bruh, furreal, dey gon be some pipe hittin ****** down in that jaunt puttin in some work.

Stay on the topic of the thread please.

Thanks,

CIS.

jmnpb ‏@jmnpb 14m
Yeah, that new FA rule for EE's is almost unfair for local kids. Hard to compete with a school that can just sit on a kid.

ITS HAPPENING PT 2/THEY MAD

Yearby is going to be back in 5 weeks and I'm not sure of dukes timetable but off a conjecture I don't believe he will miss that much time. If we get Cook, it's because we won.

5 weeks my @ss. For what? Rehabbing sure. He's not going to be ready to play in 5 weeks. I dont believe anything a recruit's camp says at this stage after an injury. I dont doubt that the fracture may not be severe, etc.. but if the Doc said it might take 4 months, I doubt the family is going to say that, they will put the best spin on it possible. That's not to say that he may not be ready to play in the fall, just that between the injury, and Cook being an EE, he will almost certainly leapfrog Yearby on the depth chart.

As for Duke, we dont know what we dont know. That was a nasty break. He had surgery. Even if he does come back healthy, there is no way he's going to be able to handle 25-30 carries a game less than a year removed from a broken ankle and surgery. Whoever is #2 is going to be getting a LOT of carries.

I have no doubt there are other factors playing into this, but I just think its interesting that with Duke and now Yearby hurt, Cook is having this last minute coming to Jesus moment where suddenly we may have a shot, after having all but ignored us all year.

So no matter what yearbys camp said you weren't going to believe? So instead youre speculating instead of using the information given?

Cook isn't making a decision based off a couple of injuries. Cook said he would OV before the yearby injury and it should be expected after we send in coley, golden, and Hurlie that cook's interest will rise. Not to mention our three best recruiters got to work on his family in addition to cook himself. Add that to his bro Burnett, his boys Yearby, and Cook in his ear as decision day come around the increase in miami is expected. Remember we have been on him the hardest for a long time. The pursuit is just paying off now.

Dude Im not discounting all the other factors. Ijust think if he DOES FLIP, the CLINCHER, will be that he sees the depth chart almost WIDE open for him right now. He knows at WORST he's behind Duke, and there is NO ONE else for the Spring. He's the man right out of the gate.

Im not saying Yearby's camp is lying, IM just saying families are notorious for downplaying a thing like this, especially when a kid is about to sign a college scholarship. 5 Weeks is probably the absolute "BEST case scenario" for him to even begin training again and doing some running. Between that lost time, recovery, and Cook being an EE, he would rocket ahead of Yearby on the depth chart.

Reaad this kids own words. He wants to play, and NOW. Im sure all the other factors have kept us in it, and are helping, but the deeal maker, if it happens, is the way these injuries played out and our depth chart. This is really the best case for him to see the field a LOT and early, aside from going to that dumpster fire in Gainesville where they dont even have an OC yet.

Advertisement
jmnpb ‏@jmnpb 14m
Yeah, that new FA rule for EE's is almost unfair for local kids. Hard to compete with a school that can just sit on a kid.

Sitting smack dab in Dade and Broward has its perks.

james-cigar.gif

jmnpb ‏@jmnpb 14m

Unfair was all the negative recruiting we took for 3 years. AG is taking over

Advertisement
i will put more "stock" in it when fsu insiders start picking him to miami.

FSU insiders were 100% certain Stacy Coley would be a nole.

They also claimed Matthew Thomas was 100%, when in fact he wanted to go to USC all along.

Valid point- no pun intended. But I would caution against MT as an indictment on anyone's inside knowledge, given that he clearly lied to coaches from every school.

Advertisement
jmnpb ‏@jmnpb 14m

Sitting smack dab in Dade and Broward has its perks.

**** now I want a celebratory cigar!

Nothing to celebrate yet. From what we have seen so far, this saga could go any which way with Cook. That being said, lets goooooo Al.

Wow, that is huge news. The FA agreement could be huge for Miami in future recruiting. It could cause us to miss out on some national recruits, where their hometown team can sit on them like that, but Ill make that trade if we can sit on all the studs that come out of Miami year in and year out.

Advertisement
I remember a particular post, a proclamation from one of the more respected posters here when Sony committed to UGA. For those that don't remember I'm not jinxing it and saying it, but I didn't forget it and I will gladly toast that poster till the end of days if this plays out.

go on...

JHall if ur talkin about the post that I think ur talkin about, then I'm trackin. Ain't sayin **** tho.

Wow, that is huge news. The FA agreement could be huge for Miami in future recruiting. It could cause us to miss out on some national recruits, where their hometown team can sit on them like that, but Ill make that trade if we can sit on all the studs that come out of Miami year in and year out.

If the end result is us getting an advantage over other programs on kids from South Florida, you gotta ******* love it.

Don't mind me being Debbie Downer...but if he's been given the FA agreement, why are we discussing plans for it to be signed in the future?

I'd be much more excited if that thing got signed last night.

Advertisement
Back