Chris steele

This is beyond stupid. With this logic FIU should be winning NC after NC with all the 2-3 star South Florida kids that they stack.
Exactly, South Florida kids should always remain priority #1, but Miami of the old was not a state powerhouse, it was a NATIONAL powerhouse. You get the best prospects in the Nation. Period, be it from South Florida or not, they really think Nick Saban looses sleep if a 3 * from Alabama commits elsewhere. He’s not chasing local prospects, he’s having 5 * from South Florida, California, Texas & Georgia chase him. This is where Miami needs to get to under Ritcht

Advertisement
Miami doesn't need any Cali kid's!! SoFla talent all we need here, last time I check Miami signed one of the top Cali kid's and he didn't last a full season.. SO for me, I'm not worrying about losing a Cali kid, these kid's aren't built for Southern style football!!

Miami doesn't need any Cali kid's!! SoFla talent all we need here, last time I check Miami signed one of the top Cali kid's and he didn't last a full season.. SO for me, I'm not worrying about losing a Cali kid, these kid's aren't built for Southern style football!!
Consistently one of the stupidest things parroted on this website. At no point of our programs periods of success has our roster not had a substantive presence from not just other parts of florida, but around the country. Do yourself a favor and go look at the home town of the starting line up for our last national championship team, and decide if this is truly the mindset we should have in recruiting.

Why is it so hard for us to get blue chip corners, its been like that for since Burns & Howard
Please make factual statements....
Trajan bandy 4star
Jahvontae dean 4star

Gilbert Frierson 4star
Al blades 4star
DJ Ivey 4star

That’s the most we have had back to back in a 2 year period in a long time. You can complain about some misses but we definitely didn’t sign any scrubs period

Last edited:
Advertisement
Exactly, South Florida kids should always remain priority #1, but Miami of the old was not a state powerhouse, it was a NATIONAL powerhouse. You get the best prospects in the Nation. Period, be it from South Florida or not, they really think Nick Saban looses sleep if a 3 * from Alabama commits elsewhere. He’s not chasing local prospects, he’s having 5 * from South Florida, California, Texas & Georgia chase him. This is where Miami needs to get to under Ritcht

AND CMR WILL GET MIAMI AT THAT LEVEL!! CMR is going on his 3rd season here; 9 win season (Year 1), 10 win season (Year 2)---CMR is getting Miami where everyone want us to be, JUST GIVE HIM TIME Cane Fans..

Last edited:

What you have to understand is recruiting kids these days is different now than it was in the 2000s, back then we had 4* 5* Star South Florida recruits walking on our teams, now these recruits who were all probably born after 1998 grew up idolizing the Bamas and Ohio States, the days of literally dominating Florida in recruiting battles are long gone, and it’s not like we have the Bags to keep up with them, Why go to the U, when Georgia is offering me $ and the opportunity to play on a National Championship Team, why stay and put on for the crib, when Auburn has so much to offer now, figuratively and literally. Ritcht needs to change Miami into becoming NATIONAL powerhouse, I’m fine with offering 5* from other states who are realistically 4* down here, if it means consistently landing them, it’s better than waiting for these South Florida kids to kick us to the curve like what happened last cycle with AH3.

Trajan bandy 4star
Jahvontae dead 4star

Gilbert Frierson 4star
Al blades 4star
DJ Ivey 4star

That’s the most we have had back to back in a 2 year period in a long time. You can complain about some misses but we definitely didn’t sign any scrubs period

Dean has barely seen the field, whats your definition of blue chippers? Because for me i refer that term for five star kids

Advertisement

We found another one of lukes accounts

Consistently one of the stupidest things parroted on this website. At no point of our programs periods of success has our roster not had a substantive presence from not just other parts of florida, but around the country. Do yourself a favor and go look at the home town of the starting line up for our last national championship team, and decide if this is truly the mindset we should have in recruiting.
Butch gave absolutely NO Fs in Ref to Geography for recruits...as did his Mentor JJ.....Butch didn't give af if your *** was from Timbuktu.....What he had NO patience for was all this Pimadonna BS....Although his choices were severely diminished from 95-98....That's when his evaluations became Mt Rushmore type stuff...

Trajan bandy 4star
Jahvontae dead 4star

Gilbert Frierson 4star
Al blades 4star
DJ Ivey 4star

Make a list of the locals he’s missed...

Here are a few

Sustain
Campbell
Wilson
Samuel

And Dean is trash

Advertisement
Dean has barely seen the field, whats your definition of blue chippers? Because for me i refer that term for five star kids
What does that even mean? A bunch of recruits don’t see the field much their first year at a d1 school doesn’t mean they weren’t a blue chip recruit come on now...

Make a list of the locals he’s missed...

Here are a few

Sustain
Campbell
Wilson
Samuel

And Dean is trash
Rumph wanted to recruit Samuel from the get go, Diaz didn’t want to early on. How you faulting him for That?
I can See on Campbell but come on man

This is pointless as you can do this with multiple positions not just cb. Some of y’all seriously acting like the guys we got are scrubs. Go root for them duck *** teams those kids joined that y’all put on a pedestal. Sh*t is annoying

Advertisement
Let’s just revisit signing day I still believe Brownlee Will end up a four star and one of the best DB’s in South Florida when it’s all said and done. Also I believe Good will show he have the traits to be a college corner that can contribute this is not the same staff as old fellas

Advertisement
Back