2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Despite what anyone has ever said, I've never felt good about Johnson. Miami has to win but he's considering Ole Miss who historically is the 4th best team in its DIVISION.
No problem we’ll scoop him in the portal for year 3 then like Parrish.

But seriously I really wanted this kid. Ole miss will make him look good so I can’t blame any offensive recruit for going there

Advertisement
Jokes aside, I think Mario and company recognize the need for speed.

Look at their recruits with Ray Ray and Robby.

Here is a write up for Stafford:

"Tested off the charts spring before senior season posting the fastest 40-yard dash at an invite-only camp loaded with talented skill players. Also had the best vertical jump out of anyone that day."

LB'ers Bryant and Washington can really run.

We are recruiting Chris Johnson because of his speed.

"Tested off the charts spring before senior season posting the fastest 40-yard dash at an invite-only camp loaded with talented skill players. Also had the best vertical jump out of anyone that day."

No doubt he knows we need speed. But will he allow the proper scheme to actually unleash all that speed ?

For those wondering:

100M times
MSTU
#3 - 10.54
#83- 11.1
#84 - 11.1

Stevenson - 10.8
Curtis - 10.8
Cheney - 10.77
George - 10.75

I'm pretty sure we don't have anyone else that has run sub 11 100 on the roster and I'm not sure Cheney will ever run 10.77 again.

Johnson 10.45 (Lamar Miller was 10.56)
Edwin Joseph 10.65
Robby 10.65
Ray Ray and Stafford likely are sub-11 second guys but haven't run it.

We go from 4 kids running sub-11 to 9 in one class IF we can sign those five kids.

Advertisement
For those wondering:

100M times
MSTU
#3 - 10.54
#83- 11.1
#84 - 11.1

Stevenson - 10.8
Curtis - 10.8
Cheney - 10.77
George - 10.75

I'm pretty sure we don't have anyone else that has run sub 11 100 on the roster and I'm not sure Cheney will ever run 10.77 again.

Johnson 10.45 (Lamar Miller was 10.56)
Edwin Joseph 10.65
Robby 10.65
Ray Ray and Stafford likely are sub-11 second guys but haven't run it.

We go from 4 kids running sub-11 to 9 in one class IF we can sign those five kids.
Can you link times for Robby and Joseph, havent been able to find verified times on those guys.. Thanks

No problem we’ll scoop him in the portal for year 3 then like Parrish.

But seriously I really wanted this kid. Ole miss will make him look good so I can’t blame any offensive recruit for going there
We'll see. IF he chooses Ole Miss, Kiffin and Lebby might be long gone by the time this kid makes it to campus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we don't have fans in here acting like we don't need this cat and his speed after we just looked like an overmatched FCS school vs a team from the Group of 5.

70 pages ago MFs were begging him to commit now we have fans trying to act cool talmbout we don't need him.

Anyone saying we don't need him is blind! We have ONE running back healthy. We have two kids coming off ACLs. We have 5 total RBs and only Chaney (ACL) has run a sub 11 100m at 10.6. Citizen and Rooster are 11.3. Johnson is a 10.4 which is faster than Lamar Miller! WE NEED HIM! We also need one more with him! Love Parrish, Rooster, Chaney, Citizen, Thad but you don't win big by hitting on a big name RB every 2-3 years. Instead, you land 2 every year!

Advertisement
Back