2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Bruh you gotta be stopped 😂
You can’t stop him. You can only hope to contain him.

Dog Cant Contain GIF

Advertisement
He’s way too fast for this team anyway...

4.3-4.4 speed, 🙄.. anything less than 4.75 needs to get outta my face!

He’s not “tUfF” or “FiZiCuLL!”
Spent ALLLLL offseason tryna tell these boys we slow AF.. Was told im overreacting and "sPeEd iSnT eVeRyThInG"..

Go to the game and literally see ******* middle tenn BLOW US OFF THE FIELD!! WTF?! Incredible.. I cant even laugh because we supposed to be miami but nobody want to talk about getting faster or why we dont put emphasis on speed anymore

Spent ALLLLL offseason tryna tell these boys we slow AF.. Was told im overreacting and "sPeEd iSnT eVeRyThInG"..

Go to the game and literally see ******* middle tenn BLOW US OFF THE FIELD!! WTF?! Incredible.. I cant even laugh because we supposed to be miami but nobody want to talk about getting faster or why we dont put emphasis on speed anymore
We don’t need no stinkin’ speed...

It’s so crazy how slow we are. Corners receivers backers are all slow for their respective positions. It’s crazy. Just recruit kids that meet a certain threshold for speed and call it a day. At the least the speed will make up for other deficiencies prior to college development

Advertisement

Speaking only for myself here...

I only ever said speed at WR and RB is overrated. At WR, it'a really can you get open and catch the ball. At RB, you can't be slow, but show me vision and balance first.

Now, speed on defense? Especially the back 7... Sh1111t, I hope we can all agree on how important that is.

Advertisement
Speaking only for myself here...

I only ever said speed at WR and RB is overrated. At WR, it'a really can you get open and catch the ball. At RB, you can't be slow, but show me vision and balance first.

Now, speed on defense? Especially the back 7... Sh1111t, I hope we can all agree on how important that is.
I think you need gamebreakers on offense.. If you listen to any of top OC in the game nowadays they all talk about explosive plays, DC talk about not giving up explosive plays, some DC even base their entire philosophy on bend dont break..

If you have no explosive players you get stuck like us having to be perfect 12-15 plays down field and one penalty you cant score.. No one cant break out, we scare nobody, Middle tenn was in the box daring us because they know we not gonna make them pay..

The value has gone up in recent years.. Not only that but we are going the wrong wayyyy, we have small and slow guys..

I think you need gamebreakers on offense.. If you listen to any of top OC in the game nowadays they all talk about explosive plays, DC talk about not giving up explosive plays, some DC even base their entire philosophy on bend dont break..

If you have no explosive players you get stuck like us having to be perfect 12-15 plays down field and one penalty you cant score.. No one cant break out, we scare nobody, Middle tenn was in the box daring us because they know we not gonna make them pay..

The value has gone up in recent years.. Not only that but we are going the wrong wayyyy, we have small and slow guys..

I agree with you. You can't have no speed. You need a handful of guys at every skill position that have it. Otherwise, the back half of the defense doesn't respect you, creeps forward, and makes life miserable.

But, overvaluing speed is also dangerous. That's how you end up chasing underwear Olympics studs who aren't really football players, and fast ERs who can't catch a cold.

Advertisement
I agree with you. You can't have no speed. You need a handful of guys at every skill position that have it. Otherwise, the back half of the defense doesn't respect you, creeps forward, and makes life miserable.

But, overvaluing speed is also dangerous. That's how you end up chasing underwear Olympics studs who aren't really football players, and fast ERs who can't catch a cold.
Got you. Yea dont want to get track runners playing football.. Want footballers that have great playing speed, its a premium and limited amount of those but we seem to have none right now and at a school like Miami, thats unacceptable.. Hopefully changes real soon..

Got you. Yea dont want to get track runners playing football.. Want footballers that have great playing speed, its a premium and limited amount of those but we seem to have none right now and at a school like Miami, thats unacceptable.. Hopefully changes real soon..
100%. Seems like the only fast guys we have on offense now are Knighton and Key'shawn.

Despite what anyone has ever said, I've never felt good about Johnson. Miami has to win but he's considering Ole Miss who historically is the 4th best team in its DIVISION.

Advertisement
Back