2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
How does him being 5th string mean they cant evaluate? The coaches just want to bring players in and let them compete. the talent is all close, will be interesting to see how it shakes out

Because he’s not 5th on the depth chart, or anywhere close.

So if buddy is correct, and he’s the 5th best back on the roster, then the staff is ******* clueless because that’s not where he is on the depth chart.

I know I’m a ******* weirdo, but I’ll go with the dudes who have him playing major minutes vs the message board guy who says he stinks. But the cool part is we all get to find out who’s right and who’s wrong on the football field real soon.

Advertisement
Because he’s not 5th on the depth chart, or anywhere close.

So if buddy is correct, and he’s the 5th best back on the roster, then the staff is ******* clueless because that’s not where he is on the depth chart.

I know I’m a ******* weirdo, but I’ll go with the dudes who have him playing major minutes vs the message board guy who says he stinks. But the cool part is we all get to find out who’s right and who’s wrong on the football field real soon.
Everybody is overreacting about practice. Not a game, but practice. All RBs are now at full strength. Not just him and one other like in the spring.

Don’t see Parrish coming here unless a very strong argument was made by the coaches that he could/should be the guy. I have a hard time believing he ends up on the bench.
Well believe it. Parrish wanted to come Miami because he didn’t like Ole Miss. Not because Miami needed a running back. Parrish wasn’t and still ain’t better than Knighton and Chaney. And now… it’s a toss up with he and citizen.

Last edited:
Everybody is overreacting about practice. Not a game, but practice. All RBs are now at full strength. Not just him and one other like in the spring.

No doubt. So we’ll make it easy. We both Venmo $100 to @IndayArtHauz. Legend has it Abe Lincoln used to Google how he could develop the integrity of Ol’ Inday. If Parrish is 5th on the Game 1 depth chart at RB, he sends $200 to you. If he’s anywhere else, he sends $200 to me. Easy enough. Let me know when u send it and I’ll do the same.

No doubt. So we’ll make it easy. We both Venmo $100 to @IndayArtHauz. Legend has it Abe Lincoln used to Google how he could develop the integrity of Ol’ Inday. If Parrish is 5th on the Game 1 depth chart at RB, he sends $200 to you. If he’s anywhere else, he sends $200 to me. Easy enough. Let me know when u send it and I’ll do the same.
Make it cash app and I’m your huckleberry.

Advertisement
So you’re saying Gattis, Smith, and Mario don’t know how to evaluate talent. Bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see how it pays off for ‘em.
Had a conversation today. I'll leave it at someone who matters thinks we only have 2 backs. FAR MORE RELEVANT, WAS TALKING WITH SARGE AT THE SCRIMMAGE AND MARIO HAS BEEN REACHING OUT TO HIM TO GET HIM BACK ON STAFF... Sarge by the way thinks we have an entire room full of studs.

Had a conversation today. I'll leave it at someone who matters thinks we only have 2 backs. FAR MORE RELEVANT, WAS TALKING WITH SARGE AT THE SCRIMMAGE AND MARIO HAS BEEN REACHING OUT TO HIM TO GET HIM BACK ON STAFF... Sarge by the way thinks we have an entire room full of studs.
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

1. They both averaged 4.7 yards per attempt as TFs.
2. Chaney did it with a worse OL, sure. But Parrish did it against better run-stopping defenses.
3. "When both healthy" is a major qualifier when one guy is always healthy and the other guy is only sometimes healthy. The best ability is availability.
This!

And I’m thinking one of those 2 is a dude from Columbus.

Also, getting Sarge around more would obviously be ******* fantastic. How old is he now tho? Could he be pushing 80? Is that possible? Just thinking out loud, he was the head coach at Southridge in the mid-70s? He’s gotta be pushing 80. That’s wild, he definitely doesn’t look it.

Advertisement
Kevin smith probably

Don’t think people would like this but prob citizen and chaney. Parrish and rooster are prob more viewed as pass catching backs.

Advertisement
And I’m thinking one of those 2 is a dude from Columbus.

Also, getting Sarge around more would obviously be ******* fantastic. How old is he now tho? Could he be pushing 80? Is that possible? Just thinking out loud, he was the head coach at Southridge in the mid-70s? He’s gotta be pushing 80. That’s wild, he definitely doesn’t look it.
No clue on Sarge age but he's still sharp as a tack. Always great conversations with Sarge. Up until COVID he was running one of the biggest camps in the country and was Killin it.

Who said he can’t crack the line up he’s not good enough to be our starter Kevin should’ve stayed at Mississippi and kept Parrish there with him if we giving him the job off familiarity because I know it’s not off talent he’s not the best back we got **** the skewed stats y’all trying to push on me watch the tape that ***** trip over hiself every game he’s quick not fast and not big we need a real star at rb and he’s not it
To be clear Kevin Smith being here has zero to do with a package deal of Parrish coming. Parrish came here as a plus and that's all. Cause Kevin is killing it. The man is doing an amazing job with that room.
His
Position
Coach
Wouldn't
Have
Let
Him
Come
Here
If
He
Wasn't
Gonna
Play.

How many times do I have to say this? LOL 🤦🏻‍♂️

He would've stayed at Ole Miss if he couldn't crack the line-up at Miami.
I saw your truck over there today

Coker should never have fired him to begin with...same for Art....NOBODY in UM FB History, has better stories than them 2.....Love them both.

Advertisement
Back