2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
No way he weighs that much
The size queens are back. Neither Atwell or Roscoe likely ever hit 170. You don't run him up the middle or pound the rock with him 20 times a game. You have him return kicks and punts, run jet sweeps, etc. His measurables are almost identical to Hester's coming out.

Advertisement
He’s got to be used correctly . Way too many dives up the middle with him . I know a lot of ppl point to the fact he had the worst ypc of all our backs with the same line, but he was also the smallest and I think the lack of variety of run plays naturally affected him more because of that . He still has a lot to prove RB wise but I think he’s already proved he’s a threat receiving out of the backfield at the least
He also proved he’s tough AF.

Man I have nightmares about him still

He would be running and it looked effortless but he would just be blowing by our guys
The Panthers took McCaffrey at #8 overall that year.

I died a little inside because I knew you'd be able to get Cook in the 2nd round - and he'd be just as good.

He’s got to be used correctly . Way too many dives up the middle with him . I know a lot of ppl point to the fact he had the worst ypc of all our backs with the same line, but he was also the smallest and I think the lack of variety of run plays naturally affected him more because of that . He still has a lot to prove RB wise but I think he’s already proved he’s a threat receiving out of the backfield at the least
4 was our only healthy back last year too

Advertisement
Mario just praised Chaney for how hard he was working and how good he looks.
I saw that too. It’s a message board narrative. Dude been rehabbing a knee..but is “lazy” and on the chopping block.. But hey man who knows Don might look like himself again when the season starts and gain the message board support. But fr 2 just needs to get himself right

Advertisement
I saw that too. It’s a message board narrative. Dude been rehabbing a knee..but is “lazy” and on the chopping block.. But hey man who knows Don might look like himself again when the season starts and gain the message board support. But fr 2 just needs to get himself right
Need I remind people that the poster you are quoting and reacting to also pedalled the false narrative that Mario wasn’t going to be able to hire black assistant and position coaches because of implied racism/distrust/inability to gel with black coaches in the wake of BMac bailing on Miami for UGA…

On Don Jr, his father is a straight shooter and he said himself that he expects Jr to have a record-breaking year. His spirits couldn’t be higher and he couldn’t be more devoted or motivated. I’ll get him on a podcast in the near future so you don’t have to take my word for it though!

Advertisement
Need I remind people that the poster you are quoting and reacting to also pedalled the false narrative that Mario wasn’t going to be able to hire black assistant and position coaches because of implied racism/distrust/inability to gel with black coaches in the wake of BMac bailing on Miami for UGA…

On Don Jr, his father is a straight shooter and he said himself that he expects Jr to have a record-breaking year. His spirits couldn’t be higher and he couldn’t be more devoted or motivated. I’ll get him on a podcast in the near future so you don’t have to take my word for it though!
Does said poster name rhyme with the word crazycane

Texas will never be back. They have alienated the network they need to even be successful consistently and they’ve showed their colors more than once. “Handlers” in Texas and people like myself do what we can to steer kids who want to stay in the state or nearby away from UT. That money won’t matter forever
I believe that Texas had some really strong (63, 69 especially) teams under Darrell Royal in the 60s and 70s (who dominated SWC titles), and then Fat Mack Brown in the 2000s.

Other than that, Texas is monstrously overrated. The accomplishments aren't there. They managed ONE SWC in the 80s.

Advertisement
Back