2023 Chris Johnson Jr

You took the words right out of my mouth. Although I hope they consider that Knighton’s problems weren’t all utilization related last year. Statistically he was one of the nations worst backs (in terms of YPC) on plays that were blocked well (also near the bottom on plays that werent)

I’m a Rooster fan but he’s got a lot to prove
I think Rooster will thrive under Gattis. Lashlee's passing game was very effective but he had like one run scheme (up the gut three times in a row). We will have different run schemes now that will help our RB succeed in part as a result of play design. Also, the run blocking wasn't very effective last year for Rooster or anyone else. It will improve materially under Mario, Mirabal, & Gattis.

Hope Chaney & Thad work hard because they both have talent. Thad could be a real weapon for us, if he runs hard every play (goes into "beast mode"). Would love to see that (especially as most of our other RBs -- except Citizen -- are a little smaller).

Advertisement
Yeah bro... I wasn't really speculating or guessing about them leaving. I think they'll be pushed out.
In the thread about “Hot Takes 2022” I said that one of my Hot Takes for the season was that Chaney would get hurt again midseason and mentally check out once he realizes hes not getting meaningful reps again and ends up transferring after the season. You can just see it coming. Smh.

Unfortunate but plausible.

I know one of our insiders said that about Franklin. Never read it about Chaney until now. Also, coaches recently had Don speak at a media day. I think you earn those don’t you?

Whether true or not we’re dealing with young men who are barely more than kids. Our new staff has had them for 8 months. Give them all some time. We’ll know what we’ve got in a few more weeks.

Advertisement
I swear people are sleeping on the don. Imo, right now he’s the best back on the roster. Rooster and Parrish are nice but they are not The Don.
Exactly....based on (eye test) what we've seen so far on the field..... only kid on the roster that could "possibly" be a better pure RB (down the line) is Citizen ....Knighton and Parish are both 3rd down change up types....If anything, I can see them battling or splitting reps....the only way Chaney gets pushed out is by injury or something off the field imo...

I swear people are sleeping on the don. Imo, right now he’s the best back on the roster. Rooster and Parrish are nice but they are not The Don.
Issue isn’t skillset, it is durability. RBs being consistently banged up isn’t a good trait.

Advertisement
how does this kids size compare to Ray Ray and Williams?
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
Advertisement
To be fair, I didn’t slander him. I’m questioning the statements of the minority who are saying he will be pushed out; or transfer due to laziness. I haven’t seen that in his highlights, in his conditioning, or in his actual play since he’s been here. All I know is that he’s had some durability issues, but other than that; where is this sentiment coming from?

Advertisement
Back