2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
His legs are tiny. Looks nothing like a running back and I seriously doubt he'll spend much time at that position. Hope we get on one or flip someone that's given a verbal elsewhere.

I see a slot receiver who you put in the backfield sparingly at best. Athlete with those roles you listed.

Agreed. We need 1 True RB in the class either through high school or portal. I doubt all RB on the current roster stick after this year. Some feelings will be hurt cause their aren’t enough touches for all them .

Johnson is a weapon not a true RB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Feels like the biggest deciding factor will be how we end up using Knighton....
You took the words right out of my mouth. Although I hope they consider that Knighton’s problems weren’t all utilization related last year. Statistically he was one of the nations worst backs (in terms of YPC) on plays that were blocked well (also near the bottom on plays that werent)

I’m a Rooster fan but he’s got a lot to prove

Advertisement
You took the words right out of my mouth. Although I hope they consider that Knighton’s problems weren’t all utilization related last year. Statistically he was one of the nations worst backs (in terms of YPC) on plays that were blocked well (also near the bottom on plays that werent)

I’m a Rooster fan but he’s got a lot to prove
He’s got to be used correctly . Way too many dives up the middle with him . I know a lot of ppl point to the fact he had the worst ypc of all our backs with the same line, but he was also the smallest and I think the lack of variety of run plays naturally affected him more because of that . He still has a lot to prove RB wise but I think he’s already proved he’s a threat receiving out of the backfield at the least

Agreed. We need 1 True RB in the class either through high school or portal. I doubt all RB on the current roster stick after this year. Some feelings will be hurt cause their aren’t enough touches for all them .

Johnson is a weapon not a true RB
Ole Miss under Kevin Smith had 4 running backs to rush for over 500 yards last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I watched Percy Harvin highlights earlier and I think he’s the best comparison for this kid in terms of body type/play style. Percy was more muscular and obviously a better athlete overall. But in terms of play style and versatility I think it’s a solid comp.

Between Chris Johnson and Robby Washington Gattis would have so many weapons. We just need an alpha dog WR1 like Hykeem on board with Ray Ray.

The word has been they are both lazy. I also don’t see Chaney as a factor. He’s had back to back season ending injuries and now he got a couple young studs breathing down his neck.

Unfortunate but plausible.

Advertisement
Back