2023 Chris Johnson Jr

He visited Clemson and Bama and said neither compared to Miami. I hope he doesn't get spooked by our numbers at Tailback. He will have a unique role on this team with his speed and ability to catch the ball.

What numbers? At least 1 of the kids is gone after this year. And there are too many alphas in that room, so we should expect another to transfer out when he doesn't get the nod as the #1 or #2 back. We'll always be thin at RB because we're always going for the top guys who will demand early playing time.

Advertisement
He visited Clemson and Bama and said neither compared to Miami. I hope he doesn't get spooked by our numbers at Tailback. He will have a unique role on this team with his speed and ability to catch the ball.

Elite programs always have 5-6 RB’s. Miami will never be under 5, again. Besides, the transfer portal will be busy at the end of the year.

Looks like Clemson is going to target Johnson as a RB recruit. They haven't offered yet as he didn't work out for them at any of their camps. But their primary target committed to Auburn over the weekend and it looks like Dabo is going to pivot to Johnson.

From an article yesterday on their Rivals board:

Meanwhile, the lone offered running back target came off the board Friday when Montgomery (Ala.) Catholic four-star Jeremiah Cobb announced for Auburn over Clemson and Tennessee.

The candidate we have highlighted as the anticipated next-in-line remains Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard high-three star Christopher Johnson.

Johnson (5-11, 182) committed to Rutgers in March, then decommitted one month later when UGA offered as a defensive back.

That offer, combined with subsequently impressive track times during the spring, grabbed the market's attention -- and now Alabama, Miami, Florida State and Florida have all offered, too.

We brought to light in May that running backs coach C.J. Spiller had reached out before almost all of those parties and had then traveled down to be among the masses scouting Johnson's spring game.

Johnson visited campus in June with several south Florida prospects but did not work out at the Dabo Swinney Camp that day. He did compete at other camps, notably.

The article continues pointing out that there was smoke Johnson was going to commit to the Canes over the weekend but opted to pull it back to take more OVs before making a decision
I remember being concerned about Clemson on the trail

Those were the days…

Advertisement
Advertisement
What numbers? At least 1 of the kids is gone after this year. And there are too many alphas in that room, so we should expect another to transfer out when he doesn't get the nod as the #1 or #2 back. We'll always be thin at RB because we're always going for the top guys who will demand early playing time.
Yea i couldn't agree more. I don't think our numbers are too high and no one has actually taken control of anything. We still don't know who will be the lead guy, as evidence by people saying Citizen may be the guy. So if i'm him, this room would be ideal to come into.

He will get a bump to 4* soon. With Bama after him that’s usually how things like this go. Just hope he stays home for us, you can’t coach that kind of speed. Between him, Jalen Brown, Washington and Joseph, Gattis will have one of the most explosive offenses in the nation soon enough.

Advertisement

ResizedP_3c11d8ef-b78d-4f9c-a14f-72b4593dcc51_277678219879853.gif

He will get a bump to 4* soon. With Bama after him that’s usually how things like this go. Just hope he stays home for us, you can’t coach that kind of speed. Between him, Jalen Brown, Washington and Joseph, Gattis will have one of the most explosive offenses in the nation soon enough.
My thoughts exactly.. u need that true 10.4 speed to complete the cypher.. keep these DC siiiick

SPEEEEEEEEED WE NEEEEEEED

Advertisement
We good here or he seriously questioning coming here? When he got offered man went to 247 and were iffy. For me i was delighted, i don't think people really know how fast 10.4 is. And if he is 5'11 he is gonna get more power if he gets to 200lbs. He is sleeping beast.
Kid randomly flashed me the 🙌🏻 today and he was wearing Miami shorts and a Miami wristband. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's definitely strong interest, but he probably wants to see how we use our RB's.

Kid randomly flashed me the 🙌🏻 today and he was wearing Miami shorts and a Miami wristband. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's definitely strong interest, but he probably wants to see how we use our RB's.
You being funny Macho?

He wants to see how Mario and Gattis are going to use RB's?? I'm laughing as I type this.

Not sure a HC/OC combo in America will utilize their RB's and in creative ways than those 2.

Advertisement
Back