2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Advertisement

Yes, he ran a 10.45 at the FHSAA 3A State T&F Championship back on May 13th.

Speed kills. How can anyone not be absolutely thrilled about what Mario and staff are building right in front of our eyes? Just assuming that Johnson Jr commits to us for the moment. Gattis has to be feeling like a kid in a candy store. Robby Washington, Ray Ray Joseph, Chris Johnson Jr. and don't forget Jalen Brown is supposedly a silent to us. We already have Knighton, Brashard Smith and X who while admittedly not a full on speed merchant is quick and explosive. This is the speed element on offense and if you have seen Gattis operate you know that these types are essential to his offense.

Now look at the ****nal Mario is putting together at TE. Arroyo, Skinner, Mallory, Mammerelli and Brantley to go with Riley Williams, Jackson Carver and Reid Mikeska. I'll be understated and call this a solid group.

At RB we have Knighton, Chaney, Franklin, Parrish and Citizen with the 2023 kids TBD although Chris Johnson Jr is a good bet.

My point is that the flexibility and versatility that Gattis will have in terms of personnel grouping and the different formations that he will be able to use will allow him to stay ahead of and dictate to the opposing defense.

Last edited:
Saban probably wants to make him a Corner.
Do they even recruit RB's under 215lbs?
We good here or he seriously questioning coming here? When he got offered man went to 247 and were iffy. For me i was delighted, i don't think people really know how fast 10.4 is. And if he is 5'11 he is gonna get more power if he gets to 200lbs. He is sleeping beast.

Advertisement
Was he the one who was supposed to be enrolling early, then just enrolled early at UF instead? Never even decommitted or anything, just woke up and enrolled at UF instead of Miami?
If I recall he wanted to enroll early with Miami, but our admissions department had questions about his grades (or points - or whatever it is they look at), so he rocked up to Gainesville and enrolled early there.

If I recall he wanted to enroll early with Miami, but our admissions department had questions about his grades (or points - or whatever it is they look at), so he rocked up to Gainesville and enrolled early there.
Yes our admissions dept was dragging its feet. He bolted when his family got 10K while he was visiting. Solid play by UF. Tweeted a picture of the coach in his living room while he was out of town. Can Newton rule fwiw
I am aware that 10K isn’t a lot of money, but that combined with his frustration over admittance was a mountain of cash at the time.

0D8F671E-07F2-4262-9C00-09CE0C9AC895.jpeg

Advertisement
Looks like Clemson is going to target Johnson as a RB recruit. They haven't offered yet as he didn't work out for them at any of their camps. But their primary target committed to Auburn over the weekend and it looks like Dabo is going to pivot to Johnson.

From an article yesterday on their Rivals board:

Meanwhile, the lone offered running back target came off the board Friday when Montgomery (Ala.) Catholic four-star Jeremiah Cobb announced for Auburn over Clemson and Tennessee.

The candidate we have highlighted as the anticipated next-in-line remains Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard high-three star Christopher Johnson.

Johnson (5-11, 182) committed to Rutgers in March, then decommitted one month later when UGA offered as a defensive back.

That offer, combined with subsequently impressive track times during the spring, grabbed the market's attention -- and now Alabama, Miami, Florida State and Florida have all offered, too.

We brought to light in May that running backs coach C.J. Spiller had reached out before almost all of those parties and had then traveled down to be among the masses scouting Johnson's spring game.

Johnson visited campus in June with several south Florida prospects but did not work out at the Dabo Swinney Camp that day. He did compete at other camps, notably.

The article continues pointing out that there was smoke Johnson was going to commit to the Canes over the weekend but opted to pull it back to take more OVs before making a decision

Advertisement
Alabama will be just another team in a few years. The balance Miami, USC, & Texas among others will create is going to really squeeze what they’ve been doing the last 10+ years.
I want people to watch something this year. Look at the cumulative points the 1-5 teams accumulate in recruiting. Then also look at the gap between those 5 teams and the other 5 in the top 10. Then compare that to the past 4-6 years. I would wager its more balanced and less of a gap. I could be wrong but we'll see.

Looks like Clemson is going to target Johnson as a RB recruit. They haven't offered yet as he didn't work out for them at any of their camps. But their primary target committed to Auburn over the weekend and it looks like Dabo is going to pivot to Johnson.

From an article yesterday on their Rivals board:

Meanwhile, the lone offered running back target came off the board Friday when Montgomery (Ala.) Catholic four-star Jeremiah Cobb announced for Auburn over Clemson and Tennessee.

The candidate we have highlighted as the anticipated next-in-line remains Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard high-three star Christopher Johnson.

Johnson (5-11, 182) committed to Rutgers in March, then decommitted one month later when UGA offered as a defensive back.

That offer, combined with subsequently impressive track times during the spring, grabbed the market's attention -- and now Alabama, Miami, Florida State and Florida have all offered, too.

We brought to light in May that running backs coach C.J. Spiller had reached out before almost all of those parties and had then traveled down to be among the masses scouting Johnson's spring game.

Johnson visited campus in June with several south Florida prospects but did not work out at the Dabo Swinney Camp that day. He did compete at other camps, notably.

The article continues pointing out that there was smoke Johnson was going to commit to the Canes over the weekend but opted to pull it back to take more OVs before making a decision
He visited Clemson and Bama and said neither compared to Miami. I hope he doesn't get spooked by our numbers at Tailback. He will have a unique role on this team with his speed and ability to catch the ball.

Advertisement
Back