Chris Johnson, Jr. senior highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is he fooling around at RB? He's a slot receiver all day long. They just need him there as a utility player from the position?

Advertisement
Why is he fooling around at RB? He's a slot receiver all day long. They just need him there as a utility player from the position?
All purpose back. Use him from the backfield , the slot and return game.He’s devastating in the screen game. Great balance , always makes the first guy miss , pretty good vision and great speed / acceleration. He tracks the ball pretty **** well too. Faster , more explosive Brandon Powell.

He’s a weapon.

Advertisement
You fellas and ladies will have to school me up a bit from the recruiting trail but I will put in the work also

All purpose back. Use him from the backfield , the slot and return game.He’s devastating in the screen game. Great balance , always makes the first guy miss , pretty good vision and great speed / acceleration. He tracks the ball pretty **** well too. Faster , more explosive Brandon Powell.

He’s a weapon.

All that weapon stuff, but could he ever be a serious running back in more of a traditional role? I see a gadget player at best, not an every down back.

If I'm honest, I'm disappointed as **** if he's our lone running back in this class. Considering the instate options, I'd say it's a failure.

What this offense looks like a year from now is anyone's guess. So I do understand why getting a top back has been problematic.

Advertisement

He’s a weapon.
What’s a screen play?

All that weapon stuff, but could he ever be a serious running back in more of a traditional role? I see a gadget player at best, not an every down back.

If I'm honest, I'm disappointed as **** if he's our lone running back in this class. Considering the instate options, I'd say it's a failure.

What this offense looks like a year from now is anyone's guess. So I do understand why getting a top back has been problematic.
Portal.

A guy like him getting 10-15 touches a game in the return game , run game , receiving, is worth a spot. Is he a “ traditional rb”? I don’t even know what that is anymore with how offense is now ran in space. Will he be a horse that hammers the ball between the tackles 20 +times a game? No….but how many guys do that in todays college football ? I can see a 5’10 190 apb in a couple years that adds what we’ve been missing…..speed and explosive plays. That way we don’t have to depend on 60 yard , 15 play drives because the offense lacks explosive home run hitters. Which makes the offensive have to be perfect every drive and not playing behind the chains.

He won’t be the only back in this class so there’s no need to worry about that. We’ll either have two HS backs or one HS and one portal. And I expect some high level backs to hit the portal.

Mario is focusing on playmakers and CJ is that.

Last edited:
A guy like him getting 10-15 touches a game in the return game , run game , receiving, is worth a spot. Is he a “ traditional rb”? I don’t even know what that is anymore with how offense is now ran in space. Will he be a horse that hammers the ball between the tackles 20 +times a game? No….but how many guys do that in todays college football ? I can see a 5’10 190 apb in a couple years that adds what we’ve been missing…..speed and explosive plays. That way we don’t have to depend on 60 yard , 15 play drives because the offense lacks explosive home run hitters. Which makes the offensive have to be perfect every drive and not playing behind the chains.

He won’t be the only back in this class so there’s no need to worry about that. We’ll either have two HS backs or one HS and one portal. And I expect some high level backs to hit the portal.

Mario will focus on playmakers and CJ is that.
Eric Metcalf/Darren Sproles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back