Chris herndon next up

[]_[]nique;2902777 said:
A "back up" here because we had/have a stock pile of talent at that position that includes himself, but he's still seen extensive and important gametime throughout his career. It's a miss for Richt at UGA because while Herdon has had to wait in the wings/shadows for his solo time here, he probably would've been a game changer for a UGA program that doesn't have as rich of TE talent or tradition as we do. Can't miss homegrown elite talent is what I read on here all the time.

Think if you do a little research you would see Ga had 4 TE's rated higher than Chris either enrolled or committed. He has grown into a draft pick, but UGA roster currently has more NFL talent than Canes.

At te or overall talent? That's debatable. We just had 9 players drafted meanwhile uga had only 1. Plus most of Miami's talent last year were underclassmen and are in the process of taking their game into another level.

Should have said TE talent, Nauta, Blazevich, Harris, Woerner, Davis.

Well I know about nauta he played at Buford and blazevich is the kid y'all got from South Carolina I remember back in the 2014 class. Idk man we will see these next couple of years after jordan and Mallory get here too

Yeah agree after those two get here, no argument. My only point was that Herndon was one of those 3 star guy in HS that will be a pro vs some higher rated guys thT don't make it.

Advertisement
The narrative of Polendey being skinny is hilarious...

Dude is 6'6, clearly upwards of 235-240+ & is going to Redshirt this year, he's not going to be asked to be a Receiving TE the same way Joku was.

With Haskins, Playmaker Jr, then Mallory (who actually is skinny) & Brevin Jordan comin in next year, Polendey's role will be as a blocking TE.

Plus, with Richt you never know if he'll get trigger happy with Haskins, so you gotta keep good depth at TE once Herndon goes to the draft.

It's not a narrative. They listed his weight when he arrived, and it was 210 or 215. But go ahead and climb on that soap box.

You can look at pictures of lean guys flexing, who are cut and think they weigh a lot more than they do. I looked at the info UM put out.
Stop it Chise... Polendey is way bigger than 210 bruh & you know that.

He's listed at 230lbs on UM's website & that picture was taken from a month ago at the Spring game.

I'm telling you the info UM gave on him when he got here. They had him at 210 or 215. The number stood out to me.

If they put out new info then that's great. If he's 230 at 6'6 he's still skinny and nowhere near ready to be an inline blocking TE.
Who said he needed to be ready day 1? He was always expected to Redshirt.

What the fvck are you even arguing with me about? I said he was skinny when he got here. He was. 6'6 and 210 to 215 is skinny as fvck. If you think he's a great prospect that's good. I don't know enough about him either way. Maybe he'll develop. Maybe he won't. Nothing stands out about him.

View attachment 45127

"Skinny" Brian Polendey
The dude calling him skinny is a ******. Fake news/fan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Your pvssy ain't skinny. It's nice and plump, bytch.
You are only half right. It is fat, plump and long, but it ain't no pvssy.

Why are you obsessing over this guy's weight? That's a very Goldenesque type of thing to do. Kid may become good over time or he may just be a special teams guy. Who knows? TE recruiting has been money. This is a non-issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

How the **** did Rick miss this guy at UGA? He's a great TE.

I still can't believe they gave this Polendey kid a scholarship.

I've been saying this from the beginning. Why drop Gamble then go all the way out to Texas for a kid of Polendey's skill set? Makes zero sense to me

Thats because you think we are going to have this wide open offense with 3-4 WR sets and 2 TEs going up the seam like we are Oregon or the Patriots. Bruh, Richt is going to line that **** up and have Polendey sealing the edge 30-35 times a game for our running backs. He is a valuable scholie. Richt is still a "run to set up the pass" ole school playcaller.

Advertisement

I've been saying this from the beginning. Why drop Gamble then go all the way out to Texas for a kid of Polendey's skill set? Makes zero sense to me

Thats because you think we are going to have this wide open offense with 3-4 WR sets and 2 TEs going up the seam like we are Oregon or the Patriots. Bruh, Richt is going to line that **** up and have Polendey sealing the edge 30-35 times a game for our running backs. He is a valuable scholie. Richt is still a "run to set up the pass" ole school playcaller.

Then we've already lost.

If CMR is ****-bent on using a fullback and two TEs because he wants to run the ball a lot then we made the wrong hire.

If we have Thomas, Harley, Dallas on the sidelines while Polendey and Irving are on the field blocking then we've gots a problem.

Somebody needs to block in short yardage sets.

great TE but i dont know maybe 3rd rounder depending on the season he has but he should get alot of balls this season

who gives a crap about his draft forecast. everyone judges the players by how well they do in the draft. let them ball here and if they do well at the next level, that's a bonus.

I'd like to see Herndon take it to another level. The guy should be a beast out there based on his physical makeup but I find that he gets tackled way too easily for his size. Would like to see him start breaking more tackles and wreaking havoc in the middle of the field.

Advertisement

Polendey came in at 6'5 and something like 210 pounds. And they want him to be a blocker? They must be projecting him to grow A LOT because he looks like a bean pole.

Bean Pole? Go look at the video with Hartley, standing next to Haskins 6'4" 240. Polendy is a big dude listed at 6'6" 230. Certainly not 210! Coming out of rookie camp there has been no news to indicate Polendy is not a solid player. I think all the new guys have to at least enroll before we label them duds.

Polendey looks the part but is apparently not a very good athlete.

5237089.jpg

Herndon is a special talent. He has better hands than Njoku and appears to be more agile. Njoku might be more athletic.

If our QB is good enough Herndon will have himself quite a year in 2017.

Advertisement
It's not a narrative. They listed his weight when he arrived, and it was 210 or 215. But go ahead and climb on that soap box.

You can look at pictures of lean guys flexing, who are cut and think they weigh a lot more than they do. I looked at the info UM put out.

He's listed at 230lbs on UM's website & that picture was taken from a month ago at the Spring game.

I'm telling you the info UM gave on him when he got here. They had him at 210 or 215. The number stood out to me.

If they put out new info then that's great. If he's 230 at 6'6 he's still skinny and nowhere near ready to be an inline blocking TE.

What the fvck are you even arguing with me about? I said he was skinny when he got here. He was. 6'6 and 210 to 215 is skinny as fvck. If you think he's a great prospect that's good. I don't know enough about him either way. Maybe he'll develop. Maybe he won't. Nothing stands out about him.
I never once said he's a great prospect, I disputed the claim that he was skinny or 210, which he clearly isn't.

He enrolled in January, so unless you're saying he gained 20-30lbs in 2 months, the pics/video from Spring camp show that he was bigger than that when he got here.

It's possible he played his senior year around 210-215 but began working on adding weight as soon as the season ended.

I never once said he's a great prospect, I disputed the claim that he was skinny or 210, which he clearly isn't.

He enrolled in January, so unless you're saying he gained 20-30lbs in 2 months, the pics/video from Spring camp show that he was bigger than that when he got here.

Here's the excerpt from the official release put out by UM:

Published 01/25/2017
Ten New Hurricanes Enroll Early

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The University of Miami football program announced today the addition of 10 members from the 2017 recruiting class that have elected to enroll early in school for the Spring semester.

Brian Polendey | TE | 6’6”/218 | Denton, Texas | Guyer High School
Consensus three-star tight end prospect by 247Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout…Ranked No. 11 tight end nationwide by ESPN…Ranked No. 20 tight end in 247Sports’ Composite Rankings…Rated No. 24 tight end by Rivals and No. 25 tight end by Scout…Born in Eugene, Ore., and grew up in state of Washington…Finished junior year with nine receptions for 117 yards and two touchdowns…Coached by John Walsh at Guyer…Chose Miami over offers from Arkansas, Colorado, Houston and Michigan, among others.

Tight Ends Coach Todd Hartley on Polendey: “Brian brings an unbelievable amount of physicality to our room. He plays tough, nasty, and will absolutely finish every play by putting his man on his back. He is extremely intelligent, which will allow him to pick up on our system quicker and put himself in a position to contribute earlier. He also runs and catches the ball well to do what we need him to do in our offense at a high level.”

Advertisement

Here's the excerpt from the official release put out by UM:

Published 01/25/2017
Ten New Hurricanes Enroll Early

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The University of Miami football program announced today the addition of 10 members from the 2017 recruiting class that have elected to enroll early in school for the Spring semester.

Brian Polendey | TE | 6’6”/218 | Denton, Texas | Guyer High School
Consensus three-star tight end prospect by 247Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout…Ranked No. 11 tight end nationwide by ESPN…Ranked No. 20 tight end in 247Sports’ Composite Rankings…Rated No. 24 tight end by Rivals and No. 25 tight end by Scout…Born in Eugene, Ore., and grew up in state of Washington…Finished junior year with nine receptions for 117 yards and two touchdowns…Coached by John Walsh at Guyer…Chose Miami over offers from Arkansas, Colorado, Houston and Michigan, among others.

Tight Ends Coach Todd Hartley on Polendey: “Brian brings an unbelievable amount of physicality to our room. He plays tough, nasty, and will absolutely finish every play by putting his man on his back. He is extremely intelligent, which will allow him to pick up on our system quicker and put himself in a position to contribute earlier. He also runs and catches the ball well to do what we need him to do in our offense at a high level.”

so, you're right about him being relatively skinny for his height, but wrong about his weight by 5-10lbs. And the EE breakdown that they had alumni's doing listed his measureables at 6'6" 220lbs.
Regardless, he's got another 20lbs to put on before he's ready to play, especially since he's going to be more of a blocker. But with the fact he's already put on 10lbs before summer practices and that he will redshirt, I think he potentially could be 250lbs by next fall.

Njoku and Herndon.

Two of Golden's shining achievements on the recruiting trail...amongst a sea of failed evaluations.

He definitely evaluated those 2 guys accurately.

Tight ends always seem to fly under the radar in the recruiting process

Advertisement
Back