Chris herndon next up

The narrative of Polendey being skinny is hilarious...

Dude is 6'6, clearly upwards of 235-240+ & is going to Redshirt this year, he's not going to be asked to be a Receiving TE the same way Joku was.

With Haskins, Playmaker Jr, then Mallory (who actually is skinny) & Brevin Jordan comin in next year, Polendey's role will be as a blocking TE.

Plus, with Richt you never know if he'll get trigger happy with Haskins, so you gotta keep good depth at TE once Herndon goes to the draft.

It's not a narrative. They listed his weight when he arrived, and it was 210 or 215. But go ahead and climb on that soap box.

You can look at pictures of lean guys flexing, who are cut and think they weigh a lot more than they do. I looked at the info UM put out.
Stop it Chise... Polendey is way bigger than 210 bruh & you know that.

He's listed at 230lbs on UM's website & that picture was taken from a month ago at the Spring game.

I'm telling you the info UM gave on him when he got here. They had him at 210 or 215. The number stood out to me.

If they put out new info then that's great. If he's 230 at 6'6 he's still skinny and nowhere near ready to be an inline blocking TE.

Advertisement
The narrative of Polendey being skinny is hilarious...

Dude is 6'6, clearly upwards of 235-240+ & is going to Redshirt this year, he's not going to be asked to be a Receiving TE the same way Joku was.

With Haskins, Playmaker Jr, then Mallory (who actually is skinny) & Brevin Jordan comin in next year, Polendey's role will be as a blocking TE.

Plus, with Richt you never know if he'll get trigger happy with Haskins, so you gotta keep good depth at TE once Herndon goes to the draft.

It's not a narrative. They listed his weight when he arrived, and it was 210 or 215. But go ahead and climb on that soap box.

You can look at pictures of lean guys flexing, who are cut and think they weigh a lot more than they do. I looked at the info UM put out.
Stop it Chise... Polendey is way bigger than 210 bruh & you know that.

He's listed at 230lbs on UM's website & that picture was taken from a month ago at the Spring game.

I'm telling you the info UM gave on him when he got here. They had him at 210 or 215. The number stood out to me.

If they put out new info then that's great. If he's 230 at 6'6 he's still skinny and nowhere near ready to be an inline blocking TE.
Who said he needed to be ready day 1? He was always expected to Redshirt.

[video=youtube_share;s1WKBRipCwA]https://youtu.be/s1WKBRipCwA[/video]

@ :41sec & @ 1:21 two clear shots of Polendey from Spring Camp.

Brian Polendey was listed 6'6" 220lbs when he first got on campus (source: Miami Hurricanes Squad 17). So he has gained at least 10lbs since he first got on campus.
Ideally, at 6'6" he would weight 260lbs, which would translate to a BMI of 30. But He definitely needs to be at least 251lbs (29.0 BMI) to expect anything out of him.

For BMI comparisons:
David Njoku 6'4" 246lbs - 29.9 BMI
OJ Howard 6'6" 251lbs - 29.0 BMI
Evan Engram 6'3" 234lbs - 29.2 BMI
Gerald Everett 6'3" 239lbs - 29.9 BMI
Bucky Hodges 6'6" 257lbs - 29.7 BMI
Adam Shaheen 6'6" 278lbs - 32.1 BMI
Jake Butt 6'5" 246lbs - 29.2 BMI
--------------------------------------------
Chris Herndon 6'4" 252lbs - 30.7 BMI
Jovani Haskins 6'4" 240lbs - 29.2 BMI
Michael Irvin 6'3" 248lbs - 31 BMI
Brian Polendey 6'6" 230lbs - 26.6 BMI
---------------------------------------------
Will Mallory 6'5" 207lbs - 24.5 BMI (Won't be ready to play TE as a true frosh no matter what.)
Brevin Jordan 6'3" 250lbs - 31.2 BMI (Jordan already has NFL size. Could make an instant impact as a true frosh)

....Notice how the highly drafted TE's have a BMI above 29, it's no coincidence. So Polendey definitely is skinny for a guy his height being that his BMI is sub 27. But he is only a freshman and Summer practices haven't even began yet, so it's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How the **** did Rick miss this guy at UGA? He's a great TE.

I still can't believe they gave this Polendey kid a scholarship.

Polendey came in at 6'5 and something like 210 pounds. And they want him to be a blocker? They must be projecting him to grow A LOT because he looks like a bean pole.

He is 225-230.

You need good solid blocking TE's if you're deploying a power run game. He'll never start here, but he will be a very good extra blocker in power sets or in two TE sets in a few years. He's a guy that doesn't mind mixing it up.

[]_[]nique;2902777 said:

Chris Herndon is a beast, but has been a back up until his final year... how is that a "miss?" rhetorical question we know you're just a piece of shx troll so there is no need to answer.

A "back up" here because we had/have a stock pile of talent at that position that includes himself, but he's still seen extensive and important gametime throughout his career. It's a miss for Richt at UGA because while Herdon has had to wait in the wings/shadows for his solo time here, he probably would've been a game changer for a UGA program that doesn't have as rich of TE talent or tradition as we do. Can't miss homegrown elite talent is what I read on here all the time.

Think if you do a little research you would see Ga had 4 TE's rated higher than Chris either enrolled or committed. He has grown into a draft pick, but UGA roster currently has more NFL talent than Canes.

[]_[]nique;2902777 said:

Chris Herndon is a beast, but has been a back up until his final year... how is that a "miss?" rhetorical question we know you're just a piece of shx troll so there is no need to answer.

A "back up" here because we had/have a stock pile of talent at that position that includes himself, but he's still seen extensive and important gametime throughout his career. It's a miss for Richt at UGA because while Herdon has had to wait in the wings/shadows for his solo time here, he probably would've been a game changer for a UGA program that doesn't have as rich of TE talent or tradition as we do. Can't miss homegrown elite talent is what I read on here all the time.

Think if you do a little research you would see Ga had 4 TE's rated higher than Chris either enrolled or committed. He has grown into a draft pick, but UGA roster currently has more NFL talent than Canes.

At te or overall talent? That's debatable. We just had 9 players drafted meanwhile uga had only 1. Plus most of Miami's talent last year were underclassmen and are in the process of taking their game into another level.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique;2902777 said:

At te or overall talent? That's debatable. We just had 9 players drafted meanwhile uga had only 1. Plus most of Miami's talent last year were underclassmen and are in the process of taking their game into another level.

Should have said TE talent, Nauta, Blazevich, Harris, Woerner, Davis.

[]_[]nique;2902777 said:

Should have said TE talent, Nauta, Blazevich, Harris, Woerner, Davis.

Well I know about nauta he played at Buford and blazevich is the kid y'all got from South Carolina I remember back in the 2014 class. Idk man we will see these next couple of years after jordan and Mallory get here too

Polendey looked bigger than 210 in those thartley clip. I hope Herndon gets 5-6 targets per game.

This. He's the only offense skill player in their money year that needs to shine bright for the draft. We all know if Walton cracks 1k he's gone. Probably gone regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Polendey seems like a wasted scholarship in my opinion hopefully being 4th on the depth chart causes him to transfer after this season.

[]_[]nique;2902777 said:

Child please...

Advertisement
[]_[]nique;2902777 said:

Child please...

Chile Please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Njoku and Herndon.

Two of Golden's shining achievements on the recruiting trail...amongst a sea of failed evaluations.

He definitely evaluated those 2 guys accurately.

Advertisement
Back