Chris Curry

Just watched his highlight tape and I came away unimpressed.... wtf does he have all of this unnecessary hype for?
Lingard
Davis
Cook
Should be our targets...

Not elite speed, he just bounces off tackles. I don't think he's a number 1 back quality for Miami

Running back is so much more than elite speed. You can have elite speed and run real fast into defenders. Not sure how good he will be , but if he is 4.6 or faster he is a take in my opinion. Does Walton have elite speed? Or for that matter gore, najeh, edge,cooper, yearby, duke, maybe Millerand Willis. The one thing most did elite was either balance, vision, or acceleration(first 3 steps).

People are so caught up on 40 times. The yac with this guy is crazy , and that's far more important than top end speed. He is also very decisive when he does cut.

When I look at rb film I try to notice his vision , decisive on cuts and short bursts. When he sticks that foot in the ground he's cutting and going. Then always makes the first guy miss or breaks the tackle.

I'm actually impressed with the majority of the posters here liking him, most here just **** over guys 40's or great top end. Then miss all the other important attributes of a rb.

Top end is just the cherry on the sundae , not the actual ice cream. And he's not slow , just not electric or great top end. There's plenty of speed and very good acceleration.

With you on this. He actually shows great burst. His top end speed isn't elite but he doesn't get caught from behind and doesn't even really get angled down.

I'm pretty sure Dalvin Cook has done a number on our fan base to the point that many look to see how similar a RB is to Cook rather than how good the RB actually is. There's also the Dade bias factor at play

Advertisement
Just watched his highlight tape and I came away unimpressed.... wtf does he have all of this unnecessary hype for?
Lingard
Davis
Cook
Should be our targets...

Not elite speed, he just bounces off tackles. I don't think he's a number 1 back quality for Miami

Running back is so much more than elite speed. You can have elite speed and run real fast into defenders. Not sure how good he will be , but if he is 4.6 or faster he is a take in my opinion. Does Walton have elite speed? Or for that matter gore, najeh, edge,cooper, yearby, duke, maybe Millerand Willis. The one thing most did elite was either balance, vision, or acceleration(first 3 steps).

People are so caught up on 40 times. The yac with this guy is crazy , and that's far more important than top end speed. He is also very decisive when he does cut.

When I look at rb film I try to notice his vision , decisive on cuts and short bursts. When he sticks that foot in the ground he's cutting and going. Then always makes the first guy miss or breaks the tackle.

I'm actually impressed with the majority of the posters here liking him, most here just **** over guys 40's or great top end. Then miss all the other important attributes of a rb.

Top end is just the cherry on the sundae , not the actual ice cream. And he's not slow , just not electric or great top end. There's plenty of speed and very good acceleration.

With you on this. He actually shows great burst. His top end speed isn't elite but he doesn't get caught from behind and doesn't even really get angled down.

I'm pretty sure Dalvin Cook has done a number on our fan base to the point that many look to see how similar a RB is to Cook rather than how good the RB actually is. There's also the Dade bias factor at play

Agree.

He had really good burst and plenty of top end. He has a Marshawn like quality to his running style ( I'm not saying he's him)

Chris curry
Lingard
Davis
Cook
Should be our targets...

Getting those 3 is unrealistic. Maybe 2 of 3, with Shivers or Ford, or a similar back rounding out the class.

Advertisement
Lingard
Davis
Cook
Should be our targets...

I agree

Junior year highlights

[HUDL]video/3/4089255/584ed687dfd8b814040d2f2c[/HUDL]

[HUDL]video/3/4089255/5840a79d5b3cb027b43a4522[/HUDL]

Might be a bad cut up.

The guy ran for 300 yards against Imokalee with several long runs.

Doesn't happen often.

Immokalee had like 13 men within 5 yards of the ball before each snap. He was getting hit in the backfield or ripping off 20+ yarders. Immokalee's DC needs an exorcism.

I like this guy as a role player, though my opinion is not fully developed. I need to see more.

What about at FB?

I'm not crazy about guys who break a ton of tackles in their high school highlights. In college, those guys get gang tackled and put on the ground. Give me the guys who don't get touched.

I can see your point, using 2018 RB Camron Davis junior year highlights

[HUDL]video/3/5301408/5827983011fa7f7f48a14cce[/HUDL]

Advertisement
I'm not crazy about guys who break a ton of tackles in their high school highlights. In college, those guys get gang tackled and put on the ground. Give me the guys who don't get touched.

Imagine Curry in the s & c program for two years coming out of the backfield getting to the third level. Where Davis IS fast he has no moves and his stiff arm is garbage. He has very good potential, but Curry can be a bully we didn't have in a long time.

Last edited:

Always appreciate your evaluations, but could not disagree more on your thoughts of Chris Curry. Lingard is numero uno and Curry is numero dos for me in terms of who I would like to sign with the U.

Also, in a year where we "should" take 3 RBs... Curry is an absolute take IMO.

What he compensates for his lack of straight line speed is 'foot-speed, vision, and power'.

Always appreciate your evaluations, but could not disagree more on your thoughts of Chris Curry. Lingard is numero uno and Curry is numero dos for me in terms of who I would like to sign with the U.

What he compensates for his lack of straight line speed is 'foot-speed, vision, and power'.

I'd love to see Curry live to get a real feel for his athleticism. As others have pointed out, he's playing behind a bad OL. I'm just partial to guys who can avoid hard contact.

Advertisement

I want a bruiser and a sprinter. It drives me nuts when we don't have a pinball type who can get a yard or two after contact on an important third and short with a crowded box. Curry looks like that guy.

Get Lingered first, get Curry second. If Lingered goes to clemson, get Davis.

I have serious doubts about getting three true running backs to stick, but maybe two running backs and a versatile slot wr/change of pace back.

I'd love to see Curry live to get a real feel for his athleticism. As others have pointed out, he's playing behind a bad OL. I'm just partial to guys who can avoid hard contact.

I agree. If I remember right that's why you weren't/aren't a fan of Nick Chubb, because he takes to many hits, right?

Comparing Curry to Chubb, what stands out to me (besides Chubb being bigger & more athletic) is Chubb's HS highlights had a lot of contact, but he had quick feet to slide away from contact and a lot of guys couldn't get a clean shot.

Curry's highlights have much more of him dropping his head and taking contact straight on. I don't think Curry has the size or elusive foot quickness to maintain that level of contact at the next level.

He's ok! He's dominating from a pure size advantage in my eyes. Runs extremely high like Gus Edwards, 'only more physical than Gus.

Advertisement

Lehigh travels to Columbus for their spring game so there's your chance

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Lehigh travels to Columbus for their spring game so there's your chance

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Surely we can get multiple folks on this board to that game.....

Might be a bad cut up.

The guy ran for 300 yards against Imokalee with several long runs.

Doesn't happen often.

Immokalee had like 13 men within 5 yards of the ball before each snap. He was getting hit in the backfield or ripping off 20+ yarders. Immokalee's DC needs an exorcism.

I like this guy as a role player, though my opinion is not fully developed. I need to see more.

What about at FB?

I suppose he would have the flexibility to play both, though he would need to be willing to commit to being a full time Fullback in this offense. How good are his hands? Is he a willing blocker? Will he want to add significant weight? It takes a special kind of person to play Fullback. I think he's a guy who could possibly come in and play a role as a power back, with the flexibility to provide depth at Fullback if needed. A lot of questions need to be answered before we consider him as a permanent option at Fullback.

Curry is a cane if we take a second running back. He told canesport he tapes all of the letters he gets from Miami all over his room at home... kind of have to take a kid like that

Advertisement
Back