Chris Curry

I'm not crazy about guys who break a ton of tackles in their high school highlights. In college, those guys get gang tackled and put on the ground. Give me the guys who don't get touched.

I get what you're saying because that speaks to vision. But imo his o-line does him less favors than most top RB prospects I see. I see a great burst, balance and power paired with good vision and an aggressive running style

Good point. His production is definitely eye-popping. Would like to see how he moves in a camp setting.

I agree with DMoney. Curry runs hard, and breaking 4 or 5 tackles a run looks good, but he won't get away with it near as much at the college level.

It would be one thing if he was consistently exploding through tackles. But there's too many runs where his momentum is stopped completely, or he gets knocked back, or he's runs/moves laterally after contact. I want RB's that are constantly moving forward.

[video=youtube;FeJoymuCmNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJoymuCmNA[/video]

Advertisement
I'm not crazy about guys who break a ton of tackles in their high school highlights. In college, those guys get gang tackled and put on the ground. Give me the guys who don't get touched.

He doesn't get touched on his fair share of plays where he actually has blocking...Running by kids at 215.

Advertisement
Doesn't look to have elite accelerate or burst. What edge will have have when he's facing 240 pound linebackers. Give me someone with some explosion.

A lot of plays on his highlights he doesn't get touched. I think he is worth the offer because he really does have some elite balance for his size and has very good burst and speed. He is I believe the second fastest kid in that region behind senica Wallace who will be an Olympic track star most likely. I just don't think he can show his true talent cause he is in a very bad school as far as coaching is concerned.

A lot of plays on his highlights he doesn't get touched. I think he is worth the offer because he really does have some elite balance for his size and has very good burst and speed. He is I believe the second fastest kid in that region behind senica Wallace who will be an Olympic track star most likely. I just don't think he can show his true talent cause he is in a very bad school as far as coaching is concerned.
You think he's faster than Shocky?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
So let me get this straight. Curry will have a problem at the next level breaking tackles against bigger guys, but faster guys will face the same speed they faced in high school. Got it.

Might be a bad cut up.

The guy ran for 300 yards against Imokalee with several long runs.

Doesn't happen often.

So let me get this straight. Curry will have a problem at the next level breaking tackles against bigger guys, but faster guys will face the same speed they faced in high school. Got it.

That's why you look for speed and strength.

In a year when you need 3 RBs, you dont mess around slowplaying a local kid who will end up no worse than a Brandon Radcliffe type. This kid looks 10x better than Kyshaun Bryan.

Lock him and another local kid down, then save the last schollie for Lingard or Camron Davis.

Advertisement
You definitely take this kid. I cant believe some of the people second guessing this. You are the same ones that complain when a kid like this goes elsewhere (FSU/UF/UGA/UNC) and kills. He needs to be in this class period.

I prefer Davis over Curry. But Curry can be take as long as the staff evaluates him correctly and knows what they're getting.

For example, 2014 was loaded at RB in FL. There were 4 RB's in the Top 50 nationally, but there was a HUGE difference in their talent.

Tier 1 - Cook
Tier 2 - Michel, Scarbrough
Tier 3 - Yearby

It's up to the staff to identify and evaluate correctly. IMO, this year looks like

Tier 1 - Lingard
Tier 2 - Cook
Tier 3 - Davis & Curry

We can't just be happy taking only Davis & Curry and thinking we're getting guys just as good as Cook & Lingard.

So breaking tackles is a bad thing in high school? I mean you need 4.60 speed minimum, so if you have that , breaking tackles is a good thing in high school. Also look at his line compared to say, Mark Waltons at Booker T. Washington his last year. If you have to break a tackle in the backfield it is not because of speed. And on the other hand if you don't get touched until 5-7 yards down the field it's not always because of speed.
South Florida has some good teams, but after the top 4 or 5. A Central Florida team can and will play with them all day.

Advertisement
The kid is strong, fast (may not be a 4.3-4.4 guy but doesn't mean he's slow) and runs hard/delivers the blow (looks like he runs angry)...I hope I get to watch him wear the orange and green

This kid is plenty fast enough.

He is basically a Matt Jones clone.

There are very few kids that size that run sub 4.5

Matt Jones ran 4.61 at the NFL combine.

Alex Collins ran 4.59 at the NFL combine.

Derrick Henry ran 4.54.

Pretty good players.

Advertisement
Back