Chris Curry

For me, this kid is a take all day. Shows burst and speed when he has a hole and looks to punish dudes when he doesn't.

Advertisement
Curry got hurt last year after the first 3-4 games and missed the rest of the season. He would have been a lot more nationally recognized already if he didn't go down last year.

Could end up helping us that he isn't nationally known

I'm not crazy about guys who break a ton of tackles in their high school highlights. In college, those guys get gang tackled and put on the ground. Give me the guys who don't get touched.

Not saying I disagree, but Marshawn doesn't have a problem breaking 3-4 tackles a run, and in the NFL.

Honestly speed is a concern for me with him. Even in his highlights he gets caught from behind
Haven't seen him get ran down in any of the games I've been to (all of them btw) he does seem to get hurt every year tho which is a concern and could improve his balance but speed isn't an issue

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Kid plays behind maybe one of the worst Olines in the country, crazy thing is he wasn't even their starter..OC would start one of his senior guys who I guess he was trying to get some looks and bring Curry in on like the 3rd offensive possession after doing nothing the first couple of drives. Also would get them into the redzone only to get pulled for the other guy so he had no choice but to score on long runs

Lehigh plays Sebring week one next year. Senior Chris Curry (Najeh) vs Junior DJ Williams (Edge's nephew) head to head. Should be fun

Advertisement
For those who can't navigate hudl beyond his pinned tape (Soph year):

[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4089255/584ed687dfd8b814040d2f2c[/video]

For those who want his jr year stats, according to maxpreps:

105 carries - 1158 yards (11 ypc) - 13 tds

Thanks for the film that excites you. What i see is more of a display of god awful defenses that need to be taught how to wrap up.

South Fort Meyers and Fort Meyers were the best 2 teams he went up against and they are still far from great Florida teams.

He does carry his team, they would have no offense without him.

crazy thing is he wasn't even their starter..OC would start one of his senior guys who I guess he was trying to get some looks and bring Curry in on like the 3rd offensive possession after doing nothing the first couple of drives.

That OC and HC need to be fired.

Jalane Nelson had 10 less carries than Curry. Yet Curry had 852 yards more than him.

Thanks for the film that excites you. What i see is more of a display of god awful defenses that need to be taught how to wrap up.

South Fort Meyers and Fort Meyers were the best 2 teams he went up against and they are still far from great Florida teams.

They have offense outside of him, like I said OC was probably the most incompetent man I've ever seen but it wasn't much the head coach could do. They also have Russell Brown, has a offer from USC (E) and some other schools interested.

Lehigh also travels to Columbus for their spring game for you Miami folks that want to see him live

Advertisement
Kid plays behind maybe one of the worst Olines in the country, crazy thing is he wasn't even their starter..OC would start one of his senior guys who I guess he was trying to get some looks and bring Curry in on like the 3rd offensive possession after doing nothing the first couple of drives. Also would get them into the redzone only to get pulled for the other guy so he had no choice but to score on long runs

Thanks for sharing. His poor OL play really stood out to me. How he was able to average 11 ypc despite getting hit in the backfield half the time is pretty impressive.

Did he not play the whole season? Is he always getting injured? His bruising style of running paired with being injury prone may be problematic

For me, this kid is a take all day. Shows burst and speed when he has a hole and looks to punish dudes when he doesn't.

For me he is #1 ...By slightest margins over Lingard and Cook. All 3 are studs, if I have to choose give me Curry

So you're not impressed by his tape? Immokalee is a team that is always good and has talent. He ran all over them in his spring game last year. The ypc for the other RB on his roster (3.2 ypc) clearly further shows that the OL sucks

Advertisement

Thanks for sharing. His poor OL play really stood out to me. How he was able to average 11 ypc despite getting hit in the backfield half the time is pretty impressive.

Did he not play the whole season? Is he always getting injured? His bruising style of running paired with being injury prone may be problematic
Sophomore year it was his shoulder, last year it was the foot. I just hope he makes it through the entire season this year. See how he does when they get in the playoffs

So you're not impressed by his tape? Immokalee is a team that is always good and has talent. He ran all over them in his spring game last year. The ypc for the other RB on his roster (3.2 ypc) clearly further shows that the OL sucks

If we get Lingard/Curry or Davis/Curry i wouldn't be mad. Curry just isn't my plan A back. I'm not high on him like others for him to be the top back we take.

I don't see defenses on the next level whiffing on him like those schools he going up against now. I give the young man credit, he keeps on fighting until the play is over.

If we get Lingard/Curry or Davis/Curry i wouldn't be mad. Curry just isn't my plan A back. I'm not high on him like others for him to be the top back we take.

I don't see defenses on the next level whiffing on him like those schools he going up against now. I give the young man credit, he keeps on fighting until the play is over.

Lingard is definitely my top back. But, from what I've seen Curry is my #2 . Curry shows much more than just breaking tackles IMO. He has great acceleration and good speed. He maintains balance despite taking a lot of hits and while he obviously won't be breaking as many tackles at the next level, that doesn't mean that element of his game will be completely nullified. He'll break more tackles than most backs IMO. I don't see most other RBs have highlight tapes where they have ot deal with as poor of blocking as Curry. I'd compare his running style to Jay Ajayi.

Davis has nice speed/acceleration and I would take him as a 2nd back in the class, but I'd much prefer the combo of Lingard and Curry. I'm always open to changing this stance based on more info. Davis has nice top end speed, but doesn't seem to have much open field agility. Also his stats are not where I'd like them to be (considering I haven't seen him play live, I need to go off stats to a greater extent).

Advertisement
Back