Chris Curry

I'm not crazy about guys who break a ton of tackles in their high school highlights. In college, those guys get gang tackled and put on the ground. Give me the guys who don't get touched.

Always appreciate your evaluations, but could not disagree more on your thoughts of Chris Curry. Lingard is numero uno and Curry is numero dos for me in terms of who I would like to sign with the U.

Also, in a year where we "should" take 3 RBs... Curry is an absolute take IMO.

What he compensates for his lack of straight line speed is 'foot-speed, vision, and power'.

I'd love to see Curry live to get a real feel for his athleticism. As others have pointed out, he's playing behind a bad OL. I'm just partial to guys who can avoid hard contact.

And that's why I respect your evals!! Hopefully you get to see him live this year.

Advertisement
Just watched his highlight tape and I came away unimpressed.... wtf does he have all of this unnecessary hype for?
Lingard
Davis
Cook
Should be our targets...

Not elite speed, he just bounces off tackles. I don't think he's a number 1 back quality for Miami

Running back is so much more than elite speed. You can have elite speed and run real fast into defenders. Not sure how good he will be , but if he is 4.6 or faster he is a take in my opinion. Does Walton have elite speed? Or for that matter gore, najeh, edge,cooper, yearby, duke, maybe Millerand Willis. The one thing most did elite was either balance, vision, or acceleration(first 3 steps).

People are so caught up on 40 times. The yac with this guy is crazy , and that's far more important than top end speed. He is also very decisive when he does cut.

When I look at rb film I try to notice his vision , decisive on cuts and short bursts. When he sticks that foot in the ground he's cutting and going. Then always makes the first guy miss or breaks the tackle.

I'm actually impressed with the majority of the posters here liking him, most here just **** over guys 40's or great top end. Then miss all the other important attributes of a rb.

Top end is just the cherry on the sundae , not the actual ice cream. And he's not slow , just not electric or great top end. There's plenty of speed and very good acceleration.

Don't get me wrong the guy is good. He reminds me of Adrian Peterson (the other one). But, without seeing them all live, I would take Lingard and Davis.

Just watched his highlight tape and I came away unimpressed.... wtf does he have all of this unnecessary hype for?
Lingard
Davis
Cook
Should be our targets...

Not elite speed, he just bounces off tackles. I don't think he's a number 1 back quality for Miami

Running back is so much more than elite speed. You can have elite speed and run real fast into defenders. Not sure how good he will be , but if he is 4.6 or faster he is a take in my opinion. Does Walton have elite speed? Or for that matter gore, najeh, edge,cooper, yearby, duke, maybe Millerand Willis. The one thing most did elite was either balance, vision, or acceleration(first 3 steps).

People are so caught up on 40 times. The yac with this guy is crazy , and that's far more important than top end speed. He is also very decisive when he does cut.

When I look at rb film I try to notice his vision , decisive on cuts and short bursts. When he sticks that foot in the ground he's cutting and going. Then always makes the first guy miss or breaks the tackle.

I'm actually impressed with the majority of the posters here liking him, most here just **** over guys 40's or great top end. Then miss all the other important attributes of a rb.

Top end is just the cherry on the sundae , not the actual ice cream. And he's not slow , just not electric or great top end. There's plenty of speed and very good acceleration.

Don't get me wrong the guy is good. He reminds me of Adrian Peterson (the other one). But, without seeing them all live, I would take Lingard and Davis.

You talking about Spice 1 from Alachua? Good comparison , I just saw him a few months ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Btw, I'd like curry to go with Lingard and Davis. His style would compliment them.

Top end is just the cherry on the sundae , not the actual ice cream.

Exactly.

Advertisement
Lingard
Curry

We are good with Homer and whomever. Guys might transfer. Alvin Kamara type might come our way.

Exactly.

Lingard
Curry

We are good with Homer and whomever. Guys might transfer. Alvin Kamara type might come our way.

Exactly

Y'all realize that as it stands right now, we will likely only have 2 RBs in 2018? Walton goes to the league we have a Jr in Homer and Lingard. We definitely need 3

Exactly.

Lingard
Curry

Exactly

Y'all realize that as it stands right now, we will likely only have 2 RBs in 2018? Walton goes to the league we have a Jr in Homer and Lingard. We definitely need 3

Some of these dudes don't realize how numbers work and how awful the rb situation is for 18. Three will be in this class , regardless if the third is a juco or transfer.

Oh and one of the few rb's we do have is injury prone and barely played in hs.

Advertisement

Exactly.

Lingard
Curry

Exactly

burns and gray too

Exactly.

Lingard
Curry

Exactly

Some of these dudes don't realize how numbers work and how awful the rb situation is for 18. Three will be in this class , regardless if the third is a juco or transfer.

If we take 3 the 3rd one has to be a transfer and added after nsd. By doing that you make it easier for schools to negatively recruit you. Oh they bringing in 2 other running backs including you too? come out to our class we have no one committed. Schools would eat that sh*t up

Lynch didn't have elite speed but he "ran through defenders faces" over and over...... Curry runs through people much like the backs Bama has over and over...combine that with great Defense you control and win most of if not all your games

Advertisement

Exactly.

Lingard
Curry

Exactly

burns and gray too

Gray might be gone and burns , well... you know

Lynch didn't have elite speed but he "ran through defenders faces" over and over...... Curry runs through people much like the backs Bama has over and over...combine that with great Defense you control and win most of if not all your games

If I'm not mistaken Lynch had good speed in college I would think 4.5

Curry does look slow on film tho

Exactly.

Lingard
Curry

Exactly

If we take 3 the 3rd one has to be a transfer and added after nsd. By doing that you make it easier for schools to negatively recruit you. Oh they bringing in 2 other running backs including you too? come out to our class we have no one committed. Schools would eat that sh*t up

FSU just took two 4* and one 5* rb's

Def see Curry getting on the field early as a FB freshman. Obviously not a permanent position but could be use my his cousin was back in the day.

Advertisement
Back