Chop Block call, ACC is so stupid

They never showed the replay of the block or did I miss it?

If they showed it, I missed it too.

Don’t think they ever did.I ran it back looking for it and never saw it.

xKf21ov

I thought this was only illegal if it was from the back or side....either I need to read the rule book or this was an atrocious call at a critical time of the game.

Advertisement
All I know is their WRs do that every play, and their A backs gets a running head start before he cut blocks every time they block on the outside.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that was absurd/ GTdoes worse literally every down. That GT coach is such a dirtbag. BUt all he has to do is win 8-9 games a year and he does with that offense which is very hard to defend due to no one ever seeing it .

Ironic it was against the kings of the cut block . But our wr gets the bs call, that call infuriated me. And I'm not the " blame the refs guy".

Advertisement
NCAA refs are mostly a disgrace. The piece of trash who tried to steal the game from us shouldnt be allowed to ref a game again. Anyone know his name?

Call was inexcusable. There was a play where GT had a big run and Pinckney got chopped horribly--held up by one guy while another dove at his knees. No call of course. **** the ACC.

Advertisement
Ironic it was against the kings of the cut block . But our wr gets the bs call, that call infuriated me. And I'm not the " blame the refs guy".

I've read the new rule a dozen times and all I can think of is that although blocking outside the tackle box face up is legal, they have a stipulation that the ball carrier needs to be beyond the neutral zone and Barrios was still behind the line of scrimmage when the block was thrown. What I did not see is does it matter if there is no contact made. When Mullins went low the GT player simple jumped over him and there was no contact. Does that still qualify as a block for the purposes of the rule?

Advertisement
Advertisement

I've read the new rule a dozen times and all I can think of is that although blocking outside the tackle box face up is legal, they have a stipulation that the ball carrier needs to be beyond the neutral zone and Barrios was still behind the line of scrimmage when the block was thrown. What I did not see is does it matter if there is no contact made. When Mullins went low the GT player simple jumped over him and there was no contact. Does that still qualify as a block for the purposes of the rule?

Once the ball carrier is outside the tackles you cannot block below the waste...towards your own goal line. I think this is what they were calling. But, the block didn't occur towards our goal line.

So yeah, a bad call.

Last edited:

Once the ball carrier is outside the tackles you cannot block below the waste. Berrios was and the flag was thrown. In the end, but rule, the right call was made.

(This reply isn't about whether GT gets away with it)

You knowz da rules betta dan Coach Richt.

Look at the center and left guard on the very first play of these highlights. How is that not a penalty? They could've done damage to Norton.

[video=youtube;W1AUIEnL5vg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1AUIEnL5vg[/video]

Advertisement
Back