Checklist for our next head coach

Step 1) Kick Flake in ball sack
Step 2) Win
Step 3) Repeat step 1 until Flake departs campus
Step 4) Repeat step 2 until Natty brought home to Coral Gables
Step 5) Host celebratory orgy of hookers and blow in IPF

What ball sack? That's just a skin wrinkle.

Advertisement
Mark Richt resignation threw everything off. He was suppose to be the “floor raiser” for Miami before getting it primed and ready to handoff to the next guy who’d break through the glass ceiling.
You're giving Blake James far too much credit.

He was the easy hire - 'legendary' SEC HC coming home to Miami. Ignoring the fact that he was frazzled by that point in his career.

If I was running the HC search the absolute number one priority for me would be someone that's been successful at more than one stop. I'm done with trying to hire the hot 'next big thing' who's winning in his first go around - often with the last guy's players.

That rules out your Kellen Moore / Joe Brady hail marys and your Jeff Hafleys. It rules out your Luke Fickell's, Billy Napiers and Matt Campbell's too - if either one was THE guy they'd have moved on by now. They're sitting around waiting for the perfect gig, that terrifies me as an employer.

Beyond that you're looking for style of play, personal characteristics and their track record of recruiting and developing players - I'm softer on these skills because you have to take them on a case by case basis e.g. you can't expect a guy to regularly develop NFL players at Bum**** Uni.

I don't have a shortlist of candidates because I'm not paid millions of dollars to come up with one.

Advertisement
If I was running the HC search the absolute number one priority for me would be someone that's been successful at more than one stop. I'm done with trying to hire the hot 'next big thing' who's winning in his first go around - often with the last guy's players.

That rules out your Kellen Moore / Joe Brady hail marys and your Jeff Hafleys. It rules out your Luke Fickell's, Billy Napiers and Matt Campbell's too - if either one was THE guy they'd have moved on by now. They're sitting around waiting for the perfect gig, that terrifies me as an employer.

Beyond that you're looking for style of play, personal characteristics and their track record of recruiting and developing players - I'm softer on these skills because you have to take them on a case by case basis e.g. you can't expect a guy to regularly develop NFL players at Bum**** Uni.

I don't have a shortlist of candidates because I'm not paid millions of dollars to come up with one.
I'd cut off my fingers if it meant we could hire Matt Campbell, that guys has turned down NFL HC offers but he's not good enough for you?

Advertisement
Blake nows nothing about sports and will Not hire a legit Head Coach…Richt fell in his lap because he fired..my bad..step down from Georgia…so they need to keep Candy Manny and let him learn on job…look at the Big picture guyz..Miami is not got to pay top$$ for a real head coach plus buyout Manny contract…We R going to have to be patient.. I know we’ve have been wayyyy overdue and patient…I know I know..But until Blake is gone this is what we got guys…Fire Manny and Blake will hire another Manny…Let’s hope that Manny had a wake up call these last three games and lead Miami to a winning season…Hopefully plzzzzz

Advertisement
Ive said this before, but if UM hires a real coach that runs hard practices...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty big exodus of players, who simply couldnt stomach such things
I'd hoped Diaz would've at least had Jimmy come guide him through a few weeks of practices so our guys would at least have supreme conditioning and toughness. We'd contend for the coastal annually on Jimmy's brand of both alone.

How about one obvious trait - he doesn’t act like an absolute spaz on the sideline. Manny celebrates when opposing kickers miss field goals. He acts like a big kid on the sidelines. He’s just not professional and doesn’t demand any respect. It’s the coaching equivalent of that idiot defensive lineman we had dancing on the sideline
Well ******* spoken.

Advertisement
1) Mario
2) Mario
3) Kellen Moore
4) If you've made it this far, you're fvcked. So just call Urban and let him tell you no.
5) I don't know... call Jimmy Johnson and just let him hire someone for you.

Kellen Moore would be an excellent choice.

Getting someone like him is far more realistic than the pipe dreams some of our fans have

I'd cut off my fingers if it meant we could hire Matt Campbell, that guys has turned down NFL HC offers but he's not good enough for you?
Expectations are too high on this board and our fan base when all across college football there are 5 HCs that went to their current job directly from another P5 job. Fisher, Chryst, Mullen, Franklin, and Leach.

Fisher - his divorce, quoted lack of commitment from FSU, more money, etc
Chryst - Went back to his alma mater, more pay, better job
Mullen - Reached the ceiling at MSU, more money, better job
Franklin - Reached the ceiling at Vandy, more money, better job
Leach - Ceiling at WSU, more money, SEC, better job

All left for more money and a better job. Add in their alma mater in one instance but it was still more money and a better job than Pitt.

For us to get another HC from a P5 school - what candidates are respectable that have reached their ceiling at that school AND we can offer more money to bring here? Stoops is certainly up to the ceiling at UK, he's gonna get paid though. Campbell is up there too but how much is it gonna take to get him with all he's turned down? The other options are looking like Clawson, Doeren, Tom Allen, and that bucket of guys. The money is gonna be an issue for Mario and Kiffin. Freeze fits the mold if we go G5. Herman fits the mold as an unemployed coach. That's basically your list. There's not a guaranteed winner in that entire list.

There's also not a coordinator that is close to "can't miss" like Kirby Smart, Lincoln Riley, Sark, or Ryan Day.

Get someone in here that is respectable, runs a solid scheme, hires the right guys, but isn't perfect and just let them go for 6+ years. It's to that point that longevity is gonna go a lot further than continuing to strike out looking for the perfect guy on a budget.

Expectations are too high on this board and our fan base when all across college football there are 5 HCs that went to their current job directly from another P5 job. Fisher, Chryst, Mullen, Franklin, and Leach.

Fisher - his divorce, quoted lack of commitment from FSU, more money, etc
Chryst - Went back to his alma mater, more pay, better job
Mullen - Reached the ceiling at MSU, more money, better job
Franklin - Reached the ceiling at Vandy, more money, better job
Leach - Ceiling at WSU, more money, SEC, better job

All left for more money and a better job. Add in their alma mater in one instance but it was still more money and a better job than Pitt.

For us to get another HC from a P5 school - what candidates are respectable that have reached their ceiling at that school AND we can offer more money to bring here? Stoops is certainly up to the ceiling at UK, he's gonna get paid though. Campbell is up there too but how much is it gonna take to get him with all he's turned down? The other options are looking like Clawson, Doeren, Tom Allen, and that bucket of guys. The money is gonna be an issue for Mario and Kiffin. Freeze fits the mold if we go G5. Herman fits the mold as an unemployed coach. That's basically your list. There's not a guaranteed winner in that entire list.

There's also not a coordinator that is close to "can't miss" like Kirby Smart, Lincoln Riley, Sark, or Ryan Day.

Get someone in here that is respectable, runs a solid scheme, hires the right guys, but isn't perfect and just let them go for 6+ years. It's to that point that longevity is gonna go a lot further than continuing to strike out looking for the perfect guy on a budget.
Yeah the guys they need to be looking at our coaches like
Tom Herman
Billy Napier
Joe Morehead
Bill O'Brien
Hugh Freeze
Dan Lanning which I don't see happening
If the fan base wants a HC with experience then it's going to be someone at a G5 level or a former HC that's now a coordinator somewhere.

Mark Stoops is a popular name but I don't see why he would come here after finally building his program at Kentucky?

Advertisement
Back