Cheating Scandal at UNC While Butch Davis Was HC There

I think One of the thing I hate Richt the most for is the countless Butch threads. If he was a competent coach I wouldn’t have to see it.

It’s amazing how quiet ppl are about his *** kicking against FAU

Right!

Why cant we agree to a middle ground on Butch? Almost everyone here liked/ loved him when he was our HC, Almost all didn't want him to go to the NFL, almost all understand he would have been a "not terrible" to "possibly great" coach here now, depending on your views .....

I for one am not heart broken that we didn't hire him in 2016, but that DOES NOT mean that I think he sucks or would have sucked here.

But seriously, just b/c Richt is failing doesn't therefore mean Butch is suddenly a top 5 CFB coach.

Advertisement
Right!

Why cant we agree to a middle ground on Butch? Almost everyone here liked/ loved him when he was our HC, Almost all didn't want him to go to the NFL, almost all understand he would have been a "not terrible" to "possibly great" coach here now, depending on your views .....

I for one am not heart broken that we didn't hire him in 2016, but that DOES NOT mean that I think he sucks or would have sucked here.

But seriously, just b/c Richt is failing doesn't therefore mean Butch is suddenly a top 5 CFB coach.
I NEVER said I want Butch now....EVER....For one...he doesn't want it now....My ONLY Gripe is we F-ed up 3 times in the last 17yrs in not giving him another shot....I do know however that we'd have more NCs than we do now...thats the bottomline...

Just be a man ..... be honest and say you don't like Butch and leave it at that.

Yes, he was cleared, but no one else has wanted Butch. If he is that good, why weren't other major programs knocking down his door to hire him?

Advertisement
I have 3 family members who are all Multi Millionaires....one who currently is a NFL coordinator....Another one who owns a production company in NYC.....Last thing I'll EVER worry about is Money....But Thanx for your input...
more things no one cares about . You’re 60 years old man, do better

Advertisement
Advertisement
So this has turned into a ****ing contest when it should be a debate on the merits of the state of Miami’s affairs these days. I’ve always been told that those that brag have not, for there is no need to brag when you do. Let’s move on to something of real substance rather than something no one can actually verify other than the words spilled as proof.

Advertisement
He got blackballed because of ties to Blake.

He got blackballed because of the way he left the program in 2001. Burned bridges on his way out the door and never attempted to make things right until a few years back when The U Part 2 was being filmed and he was sniffing around hoping for the job.

I'd have zero issue with Butch returning and preferred him to Richt—despite the fact that guys rarely duplicate success returning to a place where they once were uber-successful; especially when on the downside of their career arc.

All that said, the North Carolina scandal—vindicated, or not—Miami wasn't ever going to bring back a guy (1) who stood them up 14 years ago (at the time), or (2) a guy embroiled in a scandal, when UM just got out of the NCAA's crosshairs for Shapirogate.

Butch had the keys to the kingdom entering 2001 and could've built a Saban-like dynasty in that era. He chose otherwise and went with that NFL money and a dumpster fire franchise like Cleveland. Cest la vie.

Advertisement
Back