Chase Smith Interview with Footballville

Advertisement
Are people really bringing up
210 is fine. Ray played MLB under 200 lbs his freshman year. Great athletes make plays. Stop worrying about their weight.

Ray? As in Ray Lewis who played here in the mid 90's?..thats the stone age when pertaining to college football now. If would be hard to play with a 200 pound mlb now

Ray? As in Ray Lewis who played here in the mid 90's?..thats the stone age when pertaining to college football now. If would be hard to play with a 200 pound mlb now
Maybe but the point is that if Ray could play MLB at 195 as a true freshman, we have no reason to worry about an athlete like smith playing at 210 on the outside. Athleticism and the ability to run have not changed that much.

One day, y'all will realize weight (or the lack there of) is not as much of a big deal y'all make it to be. No one here can tell me Smith wouldn't have played better than Flagg.

Advertisement
Wasn't insinuating you did, I knew you didn't, I think that is where people started to jump on your comment is they made that connection.
I think you're right about others making a connection that wasn't true. Otherwise, can't figure out why there is so much clapback at my original comment.

So what you are saying is, all things being equal and Ray Lewis with today's advancement in sports science would not be the same Ray Lewis as before? He would be less effective and not as great?

Maybe but the point is that if Ray could play MLB at 195 as a true freshman, we have no reason to worry about an athlete like smith playing at 210 on the outside. Athleticism and the ability to run have not changed that much.

If you look at pictures of Ray Lewis as a freshman, he looks skinnier than Smith.

Advertisement
Mario- I am Mario.

Security Guy at the door- You are Mario.

Mario- You will let me in the building.

Security Guy at the door- I will let you in the building

Mario- Thank you

Security guy at the door- Come right on in Sir.
FIFY

Those imbeciles on the last staff wanted to bulk him up for DE? What a bunch of incompetent *****!

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what you are saying is, all things being equal and Ray Lewis with today's advancement in sports science would not be the same Ray Lewis as before? He would be less effective and not as great?

I'm saying in todays game its harder for a 200 pound linebacker to have success against the top teams in the country than it was in 1994.

The more I hear about how well Mario looks after his guys, the more kick myself for even thinking Lane should have been considered.

He treats his guys right!

Im there with u bub I'm glad we hired Mario now, I had my Hugh freeze & lane kiffin goggles on because of the offense. Mario serving me the best crow ever right now 😆 🤣

Chase has lost 5 lbs since his surgery. They are going to bulk him up when he is ready. Half of Oregon's LB's are over 240lbs. Some over 250 lbs. This team is not going to be small anymore.

Advertisement
Back