Chase Smith Interview with Footballville

It probably simply had more to do with, mama’s overriding the decisions of their sons and calling the shots. not wanting their baby’s getting too far away from home during a pandemic, of historic proportion, with no known end in sight (at the time).🤷🏾‍♂️
Gotcha gotcha

I wasn’t sure if there were any specific rules that were implemented

I really had checked out on Miami football by then

Advertisement
Was really hoping this kid was the answer but 210 is really concerning. He has probably put on 15 pounds since he has been here... so 15 more to get to 225 in the next 4-5 months sounds hella iffy to me.

Advertisement
I can see him at 240 as a NFL vet....I'd say 220 would be ok right now... it's extremely difficult to a even put on 10lbs of pure muscle in a short period... fast weight gains are usually water and fat....
Oh yea no way he reaches 240 this year. I meant his overall goal should be 240.

If the 225 number was just for this season, that is acceptable for now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the kid that helps make our linebacker core savage. He will look like McCord in a year or 2 size wise but still have the athleticism and speed to be a top 3 round pic IMO

TBH, him saying he came to UM because of COVID is concerning and strategic on his part.

It could be a subtle hint that he will bounce if he doesn't get some deserving playing time.
With Mario here I’m not worried at all about kids bouncing. 90% chance if anyone leaves from a previous staff the next kid to sign at their spot will be more talented.

Advertisement
TBH, him saying he came to UM because of COVID is concerning and strategic on his part.

It could be a subtle hint that he will bounce if he doesn't get some deserving playing time.
1. I think sometimes this board gives things kids say too much thought. Not like the interviews are rehearsed they are saying what pops into their head. Is it possible it was strategic? Of course. But that also assumes coach will watch it and he is that forward thinking coming from a person currently injured.

2 That general idea of if I don’t play I transfer is probably an idea for EVERY kid who doesn’t get playing time that reasonably expects to. I do not think he would need to subtle hint at that, it is pretty commonplace.

Advertisement
Back