Chase Smith and Garcia

Advertisement

Everybody knows that if you cut your studies down even ONE HOUR you WON'T make smart decisions

It's like being a few cards short of a full deck....being a few cans short of a six pack....or a couple of quarters short of a roll.....and it shows

See if he'd really watched the full 100 instead of cutting corners and stopping at 99.... he wouldn't have come up with this NONSENSE.

I don't see the infatuation this board has with king

clemson just walked up everyone to the line and dared him to do anything. Even in the games where we should have been unstoppable I didn't see what I would think a miami qb should be doing? How many points did we score vs unc for example?

But I get it, he's a transfer that is promised the job.
This. I like him. He’s a good kid and all, but he leaves a lot to be desired- ESPECIALLY in the read option game (keeps when he should give/gives when he should keep)? ***king maddening....

Advertisement
Been watching 99 hours of video from the spring game and it's clear AF that Chase Smith and Jake Garcia should be true freshmen starters. Chase makes quick reads and closes very fast and strikes with force. Don't fool yourselves, no LB'ers on the roster can do what this kid can. Chase and Keontra are without doubt the speedy and aggressive LB's we have lacked for years. Their ability to get wide and out run blockers is what this defense needs. Have to wait to what Jim Williams adds, because he maybe ideal at that striker/run & pass defender role as a true freshman. Gentlemen we have to get out best players on the field. This team can't afford to wait while guys we know ain't got it play. Forget that old days crap about true freshmen.

I especially watched Jake Garcia for 90 of those 99 hours and I became 99.999% certain he should be our starting QB. Kid makes quick reads. Gets the ball to WR's on screen plays fast enough for them to get up field and get YAC. Same on swing passed to the RB. What really impresses me is the velocity on passes in the 15-30 yard range. Ball gets their before the DB's can react. His touch on deep passes is the best of all the QB's on the roster. More importantly his accuracy is like Aaron Rogers like. Yea I said it. We cannot waste this kids talent behind King. I fact I would make TVD #2.
I watched all of Garcia's throws just now. He had several that were terrible, freshman-type throws that should have been interceptions and would be against Bama..

There’s no way Garcia doesn’t start next year if Manny is real about this. TVD has the respect of the locker room but you can’t let an elite QB leave your program. TVD wins us the Coastal, Garcia can get us back in the championship talk.

If you are crowning a kid a starter after one spring game in a highly diluted offense in a game he wasn't getting hit over a guy that has already broken records in college, you are a moron.
You are correct that OP is going way overboard. However part of me can't blame OP for being excited. You can't help but be pumped when you watch talent like TVD, Garcia, Chase Smith and Avantae Williams. It's been too long since we have recruited talent at the QB position like TVD and Garcia. When is the last time we saw a spring game where our 2nd and 3rd string QBs both lit it up? When is the last time we had not 1 but 2 QBs behind the starter with this much talent? I'll save you the suspense. It's been over 3 decades. For 15 plus years we have been watching programs from all over get these phenom type QBs and watch them rack up yards and points while "Quarterback U" gets kids who can barely complete a forward pass. Ok I'm exaggerating a bit but you get the point.

Our fans are literally starving for great, exciting football. How long were we wallowing in the leather helmet era of offensive football before we finally decided to get with the times, hire Lash and try to run an offense that exploits the strengths of our natural recruiting base? Too long. Much too long.

Just look at a guy like Chase Smith. He jumps off the screen. When was the last time we had a true freshman LB/Striker who had skills like that? How about a Safety like Avantae Williams? The thing that really ****ed me off is that we have been capable of recruiting players like that but for whatever reason our recruiting and specifically our talent evaluations have been comically bad.

Things began to turn with the 2021 recruiting class and I'm holding out hope that we can continue to build on that now that we actually have a good competent staff. The bottom line is that if we want to get to the level where we are a yearly playoff contender then we need to continue to sign the type of players/athletes I mentioned above and more of them.

Advertisement
There’s no way Garcia doesn’t start next year if Manny is real about this. TVD has the respect of the locker room but you can’t let an elite QB leave your program. TVD wins us the Coastal, Garcia can get us back in the championship talk.
Garcia is the QB that Bama doesn't want to face. He's a gunslinger who'se not afraid to let it rip!

...yeah, and Kirby Freeman was head and shoulders above Kyle Wright, and he was a Greentree hall of famer, until he snapped the ball. And he sucked. And he went 1-17 - Kirbnobyl.

Stop.

Advertisement
I’d bet a huge amount of money this is the polar opposite of what Nick Saban thinks.

True freshman, with no college experience, starting his first game ever, against the reigning national champion. Nick Saban would literally be drooling so much he’d have to wear a bib.

If Garcia, as a true freshman were to beat Alabama, I’m betting that would be the first time in the history of college football something like that has ever happened.

In fact I wonder what the win percentages are for true freshmen that have started their first game ever against any P5 opponent?

Jesus Christ. We didn’t even have to wait until mid summer for the Garcia slobber fest to start..

Been watching 99 hours of video from the spring game and it's clear AF that Chase Smith and Jake Garcia should be true freshmen starters. Chase makes quick reads and closes very fast and strikes with force. Don't fool yourselves, no LB'ers on the roster can do what this kid can. Chase and Keontra are without doubt the speedy and aggressive LB's we have lacked for years. Their ability to get wide and out run blockers is what this defense needs. Have to wait to what Jim Williams adds, because he maybe ideal at that striker/run & pass defender role as a true freshman. Gentlemen we have to get out best players on the field. This team can't afford to wait while guys we know ain't got it play. Forget that old days crap about true freshmen.

I especially watched Jake Garcia for 90 of those 99 hours and I became 99.999% certain he should be our starting QB. Kid makes quick reads. Gets the ball to WR's on screen plays fast enough for them to get up field and get YAC. Same on swing passed to the RB. What really impresses me is the velocity on passes in the 15-30 yard range. Ball gets their before the DB's can react. His touch on deep passes is the best of all the QB's on the roster. More importantly his accuracy is like Aaron Rogers like. Yea I said it. We cannot waste this kids talent behind King. I fact I would make TVD #2.

Star Wars GIF

Advertisement

Yea let’s start a true freshman game 1 vs bama when we have arguably the 3rd best qb going into the 2021 season

...yeah, and Kirby Freeman was head and shoulders above Kyle Wright, and he was a Greentree hall of famer, until he snapped the ball. And he sucked. And he went 1-17 - Kirbnobyl.

Stop.
I get what you're trying to say but that's a bad analogy. A really bad analogy for many reasons. You can't be serious.

True freshman, with no college experience, starting his first game ever, against the reigning national champion. Nick Saban would literally be drooling so much he’d have to wear a bib.

If Garcia, as a true freshman were to beat Alabama, I’m betting that would be the first time in the history of college football something like that has ever happened.

In fact I wonder what the win percentages are for true freshmen that have started their first game ever against any P5 opponent?
Ok. Jim Kelly, first start and true freshmen lit Penn State up in Happy Valley. Scnellenberger had the balls to put in Kelly and he smoked PSU (this, my friends was the moment that set Miami on the ppath to greatness).

Advertisement
Back