Chase Smith and Garcia

Been watching 99 hours of video from the spring game and it's clear AF that Chase Smith and Jake Garcia should be true freshmen starters. Chase makes quick reads and closes very fast and strikes with force. Don't fool yourselves, no LB'ers on the roster can do what this kid can. Chase and Keontra are without doubt the speedy and aggressive LB's we have lacked for years. Their ability to get wide and out run blockers is what this defense needs. Have to wait to what Jim Williams adds, because he maybe ideal at that striker/run & pass defender role as a true freshman. Gentlemen we have to get out best players on the field. This team can't afford to wait while guys we know ain't got it play. Forget that old days crap about true freshmen.

I especially watched Jake Garcia for 90 of those 99 hours and I became 99.999% certain he should be our starting QB. Kid makes quick reads. Gets the ball to WR's on screen plays fast enough for them to get up field and get YAC. Same on swing passed to the RB. What really impresses me is the velocity on passes in the 15-30 yard range. Ball gets their before the DB's can react. His touch on deep passes is the best of all the QB's on the roster. More importantly his accuracy is like Aaron Rogers like. Yea I said it. We cannot waste this kids talent behind King. I fact I would make TVD #2.

Advertisement
1. I am also incredibly high on Chase, I had him ranked as the 4th overall player in our 2021 class. Its exciting to think of what Chase & J Will can do on field together.
2. As far as Garcia goes, I came away very impressed with him in spring game too.......BUT I can't crown a kid till I see him take a hit to see how he reacts. If Jake keeps working I think he'll be the favorite to be QB1 2022.

Advertisement
Advertisement
jwKkPx.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back