Chase Smith and Garcia

Advertisement
took a look at who created this thread and decided let’s see what this shrimp**** said. You never disappoint with your brutal threads/posts.
The man is a great entertainer.

1) you’re beyond late to the Chase party. You didn’t need to watch 90 😂 hours of video. You only needed to read the spring threads. Also, don’t bother notifying the players and coaches. They already know. He’ll be the starting striker by game 5, as I said in March. 3/23 see below
2) Jake is solid. He won’t start, or probably see the field this year. TVD will be next years starter. Again, ask the players and coaches. He’s maturing quickly and they love his game. He played mostly against the second team in practice and the spring game. He easily could have had 4/5 picks in the spring game. I’m sure you know this, because you watched so much film. TVD doesn’t make mistakes. His only “issue” is that he stopped pushing the deep ball and they’re working on that.
3) There’s an entire thread about Keontra playing LB’er and Manny’s move to speed at the position.

I do appreciate all of your time spent in the dark watching film.
View attachment 146571

4) HERE IS ONE YOU AND MOST EVERYONE MISSED… DJ is coming along nicely and he might be a big dam deal come next season. His press game is improving BIG TIME and T-Rob is no joke. Him and Tyrique are in his head and he’s competing/motivated to be a beast next season. He’s moving from liability to asset. I’d bet anyone right now, including Liberty (said with RESPECT) he’s getting drafted. 🤫😳😜💯🙌
Idk why but I think Garcia beats out TVD next year. The moxie is different and TVD had an almost pick in the spring game too.

Advertisement
An almost pick means absolutely nothing in any game...let alone a controlled scrimmage...
Doesn’t that negate the Garcia almost/should’ve picks as well?

my thought is I understand TVD made better decisions overall throughout the day but he also made mistakes like Garcia.

I just believe Garcia will improve a lot more in his faults over the year than TVD will in his.

Advertisement
Idk why but I think Garcia beats out TVD next year. The moxie is different and TVD had an almost pick in the spring game too.
Garcia looked good for a true freshman. Van dyke imo was equally impressive and shiowed willingness to push the hall down field. That throw to X was a dime..and the throw that 6 dropped was a TD..Garcia took a couple bad sacks..but as a TF very good day

It could happen. I don’t think it will. One bad pass isn’t a deal breaker. Garcia had five. I think Garcia is going to be legit. I can’t crown him just yet. I know TVD is excellent and has the players respect. That’s good enough for me. Garcia needs to lear and grow. He’s in a very enviable spot. I’m excited for him. TVD is just at a different level right now.

If you are crowning a kid a starter after one spring game in a highly diluted offense in a game he wasn't getting hit over a guy that has already broken records in college, you are a moron.

Loved the way you ended the post there

Advertisement
Been watching 99 hours of video from the spring game and it's clear AF that Chase Smith and Jake Garcia should be true freshmen starters. Chase makes quick reads and closes very fast and strikes with force. Don't fool yourselves, no LB'ers on the roster can do what this kid can. Chase and Keontra are without doubt the speedy and aggressive LB's we have lacked for years. Their ability to get wide and out run blockers is what this defense needs. Have to wait to what Jim Williams adds, because he maybe ideal at that striker/run & pass defender role as a true freshman. Gentlemen we have to get out best players on the field. This team can't afford to wait while guys we know ain't got it play. Forget that old days crap about true freshmen.

I especially watched Jake Garcia for 90 of those 99 hours and I became 99.999% certain he should be our starting QB. Kid makes quick reads. Gets the ball to WR's on screen plays fast enough for them to get up field and get YAC. Same on swing passed to the RB. What really impresses me is the velocity on passes in the 15-30 yard range. Ball gets their before the DB's can react. His touch on deep passes is the best of all the QB's on the roster. More importantly his accuracy is like Aaron Rogers like. Yea I said it. We cannot waste this kids talent behind King. I fact I would make TVD #2.
You realize the spring game is not real football, right?

Pretty sure it was Warren Buffet who said, "It takes a lifetime to build a reputation, but only 5 minutes to destroy it". Maybe keep that in mind

I don't see the infatuation this board has with king

clemson just walked up everyone to the line and dared him to do anything. Even in the games where we should have been unstoppable I didn't see what I would think a miami qb should be doing? How many points did we score vs unc for example?

But I get it, he's a transfer that is promised the job.

Chase Smith definitely should start at striker if Amari Carter is the alternative. But definitely 1a and 1b with Frierson.

James Williams and Avantae Williams should be starting over Gurvan Hall as well.

Advertisement
I don't see the infatuation this board has with king

clemson just walked up everyone to the line and dared him to do anything. Even in the games where we should have been unstoppable I didn't see what I would think a miami qb should be doing? How many points did we score vs unc for example?

But I get it, he's a transfer that is promised the job.

so he didn’t torch the defending nation champs in his 4th start in a new offense, with all new teammates after limited practice time?

Been watching 99 hours of video from the spring game and it's clear AF that Chase Smith and Jake Garcia should be true freshmen starters. Chase makes quick reads and closes very fast and strikes with force. Don't fool yourselves, no LB'ers on the roster can do what this kid can. Chase and Keontra are without doubt the speedy and aggressive LB's we have lacked for years. Their ability to get wide and out run blockers is what this defense needs. Have to wait to what Jim Williams adds, because he maybe ideal at that striker/run & pass defender role as a true freshman. Gentlemen we have to get out best players on the field. This team can't afford to wait while guys we know ain't got it play. Forget that old days crap about true freshmen.

I especially watched Jake Garcia for 90 of those 99 hours and I became 99.999% certain he should be our starting QB. Kid makes quick reads. Gets the ball to WR's on screen plays fast enough for them to get up field and get YAC. Same on swing passed to the RB. What really impresses me is the velocity on passes in the 15-30 yard range. Ball gets their before the DB's can react. His touch on deep passes is the best of all the QB's on the roster. More importantly his accuracy is like Aaron Rogers like. Yea I said it. We cannot waste this kids talent behind King. I fact I would make TVD #2.
Boyle Heights Chris GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
Back