Chase Smith and Garcia

Advertisement
It could happen. I don’t think it will. One bad pass isn’t a deal breaker. Garcia had five. I think Garcia is going to be legit. I can’t crown him just yet. I know TVD is excellent and has the players respect. That’s good enough for me. Garcia needs to lear and grow. He’s in a very enviable spot. I’m excited for him. TVD is just at a different level right now.

TVD’s ability to get the ball out and take the easy money is going to make this offense hyper efficient. Kaaya would have boasted in this offense, especially with the plays we say in the spring game.

Garcia has superstar moxie and nice accuracy, but TVD has NFL level tools. They will do great things as the game slows down for them. I don’t see them falling apart on the field in live action.

I hate they are so close in eligibility. I want TVD to take the job and Garcia to be patient. TVD will be getting drafted after 2023. ****, if the receivers really grow he could leave after 2022. Hopefully quality quarterback recruiting is going to become a trend, because if Garcia makes a big leap and takes the job, we likely lose a draftable qb.

Been watching 99 hours of video from the spring game and it's clear AF that Chase Smith and Jake Garcia should be true freshmen starters. Chase makes quick reads and closes very fast and strikes with force. Don't fool yourselves, no LB'ers on the roster can do what this kid can. Chase and Keontra are without doubt the speedy and aggressive LB's we have lacked for years. Their ability to get wide and out run blockers is what this defense needs. Have to wait to what Jim Williams adds, because he maybe ideal at that striker/run & pass defender role as a true freshman. Gentlemen we have to get out best players on the field. This team can't afford to wait while guys we know ain't got it play. Forget that old days crap about true freshmen.

I especially watched Jake Garcia for 90 of those 99 hours and I became 99.999% certain he should be our starting QB. Kid makes quick reads. Gets the ball to WR's on screen plays fast enough for them to get up field and get YAC. Same on swing passed to the RB. What really impresses me is the velocity on passes in the 15-30 yard range. Ball gets their before the DB's can react. His touch on deep passes is the best of all the QB's on the roster. More importantly his accuracy is like Aaron Rogers like. Yea I said it. We cannot waste this kids talent behind King. I fact I would make TVD #2.
Thanks Mr. Garcia. Welcome to the board.

Advertisement
Been watching 99 hours of video from the spring game and it's clear AF that Chase Smith and Jake Garcia should be true freshmen starters. Chase makes quick reads and closes very fast and strikes with force. Don't fool yourselves, no LB'ers on the roster can do what this kid can. Chase and Keontra are without doubt the speedy and aggressive LB's we have lacked for years. Their ability to get wide and out run blockers is what this defense needs. Have to wait to what Jim Williams adds, because he maybe ideal at that striker/run & pass defender role as a true freshman. Gentlemen we have to get out best players on the field. This team can't afford to wait while guys we know ain't got it play. Forget that old days crap about true freshmen.

I especially watched Jake Garcia for 90 of those 99 hours and I became 99.999% certain he should be our starting QB. Kid makes quick reads. Gets the ball to WR's on screen plays fast enough for them to get up field and get YAC. Same on swing passed to the RB. What really impresses me is the velocity on passes in the 15-30 yard range. Ball gets their before the DB's can react. His touch on deep passes is the best of all the QB's on the roster. More importantly his accuracy is like Aaron Rogers like. Yea I said it. We cannot waste this kids talent behind King. I fact I would make TVD #2.
Lmao this just becomes dumb af when you say TVD should be #2.

Advertisement
I think billy D has been drinking too many
colt 45 drinking GIF by Emma Darvick

Advertisement
I don't see the infatuation this board has with king

clemson just walked up everyone to the line and dared him to do anything. Even in the games where we should have been unstoppable I didn't see what I would think a miami qb should be doing? How many points did we score vs unc for example?

But I get it, he's a transfer that is promised the job.
They dared our WRs to beat their corners in man coverage. How is that an indictment on King and not them? He has his limitations but the WRs simply didn’t get open.

Advertisement
Dang OP...now why'd you go and incite a CIS riot lol...I'll be easy because I've been on the receiving end of inciting a CIS riot and it's not fun, the gloves come off big time...LOL

I agree with your take on Chase Smith, he's the real deal, no reason to hold him back...problem is where do you play him...he's not better than Gil (and I get that he came into Spring a bit overweight but Gil is a proven baller).....I'm firmly onboard with Chase as the #2 Striker, as of right now BEFORE #0 comes to Gables, as #0 might shake that STR competition up a bit due to coaches finding any way possible to get the best 11 on the field somehow someway (I'm not saying JWill isn't going to PRIMARILY play Safety, I believe he will, I just also believe that coaches will also play JWill at STR some as well).

Jake Garcia.....well....the kid is nice and he's going to be a big time player for us eventually....just not in 2021. That's all. Lol

Advertisement
Back