Charlie Strong

Vizslacane

Redshirt Freshman
Strong has found his QB. He also played a lot of young guys on Saturday. Lots of seniors who played against ND and Rice lost their jobs. This means he's been told he's safe, they understand this year's record will be terrible, and he gets this year to develop the guys who will be playing for TX next year.

Charlie Strong will not be on the market this offseason.

(admittedly, it could just mean some upperclassmen lost their jobs; but I do think TX does not fire Strong after 2 years and definitely during his second year).

Advertisement
a little premature. i would agree if it were miami's administration and BOTs but texas doesn't mess around. especially when so many criticized the move to hire him to begin with.

I agree, they seemed to be all in on him when they signed him. Gotta give him time to bring his recruits up the ranks.

u right you gotta give him time to bring in recruits but its unbelievable hes ranked #7 in state of texas in recruiting. Houston is doing a better job. his class is horrible right now

Advertisement
This IS Texas. At some point., Strong has to produce results, at least on defense. IMHO, he'll be given one more year to get TX to the playoffs, then they'll go after Saban.

wait until he loses more games this season then they will tell him to **** off, its texas mane, I'm pretty sure he played the young guys because the older guys weren't cutting it and he's getting desperate

Please. Saying he found his QB after they still lost to Cal at home is equivalent to saying Golden found his and we should give him until Kaaya graduates. The patience in Austin is about 1/10th of what our admin and boosters have so realize that before you say "Butttt Alfredo is in year 5.....". Charlie ever gonna find his D too?

Advertisement
Texas can keep Charlie Strong.

Not a good head football coach. His Louisville record was total smoke and mirrors.

I would rather keep Al Golden.

Unless he wins, consider him dead man walking. He's already not liked by many of their BIG donors. Part of the problem is that he doesn't have a great personality, and when you're the head coach at UT they expect you to command a room.

Advertisement
Texas can keep Charlie Strong.

Not a good head football coach. His Louisville record was total smoke and mirrors.

I would rather keep Al Golden.
The dumbest comment ever I would take herbstreit over our clown coach . Charlie strong would be a monster at Miami .

Advertisement
He found his QB? Every QB destroys Cal. If he tanks the rest of this season, he's likely finished.

u right you gotta give him time to bring in recruits but its unbelievable hes ranked #7 in state of texas in recruiting. Houston is doing a better job. his class is horrible right now

I trust Strong's eye.

Texas has gotten plenty of five star scrubs. TCU wins with the small, fast and tough recruits. Strong will find those guys like he did at Louisville.

I trust Strong's eye.

Texas has gotten plenty of five star scrubs. TCU wins with the small, fast and tough recruits. Strong will find those guys like he did at Louisville.

And what, lose? Perhaps it was more Bridgewater and less Strong.

I trust Strong's eye.

I really don't get how you guys are so sure he's going to be retained or why you think he should. Look at their remaining schedule. He'll be lucky to get 4 more wins this year to add to his 1-2 record already.

Screenshot_2015-09-21-21-56-24-1.jpg

Advertisement
Back