Charlie Strong Top Candidate?

Dude is losing at UT. Like losing at THE U, that is not a strong recommendation for another job. Plus, and I can't stress this enough, wasn't he a frigging gator? If we are going to hire him because of some supposed strong recruiting ties in SO FL (like that had nothing to do with fat Clint or SEC money at UF) then there is this other dude who is fairly good at recruiting, particularly when associated with THE U. GIVE ME BUTCH OF GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!!!

Advertisement
"If he were to quit, he would still receive $15.9 million still owed to him on his current deal."

This seems highly unlikely.

He would receive 50% of that so if he was hired for 3 years at UM he would still get 6.8 million from Texas.

No chance that Texas would draft a contract where they have to pay a guy millions of dollars if he quits.

I wouldn't jump off of a bridge if we hired him, just a 2nd floor ledge. I'd take him over Luigi, Dud and Chimp, but not Richt, and he's certainly not close to Butch. I'd take Fuente and Herman over him too.

"many observers believe to be one of the top coaches in the country."

Based on what.....his big win at Louisville was against Muschamp and Driskel.

Texas is terrible.

Not even Golden could get shut out by Iowa St.

dont you underestimate how low Al golden go. His one true gift/skill is breaking records at the bottom end of the spectrum

" there belief has stregthen since texas lost to iowa stte 24-0 "

Does anybody find this to be a joke. Theytalking about a school with a bunch of two star recruits with no offers embarrassing texas a positive muahhahah what a joke

Yes, that line says it all in terms of how comical it would be to hire this clown. The worse he does, the more interested we become????

Advertisement
They are making it look like they are doing a real search but it will end up being Butch, Chud or Cristobal. There has to be one black coach in the mix.

No f**ing way we pay Charlie Strong 5 mil per year.
He wouldn't demand $5 million. I can guarantee he would jump to Miami and take a pay cut. That man wants nothing to do with Texas IMO

Short of being under some crippling NCAA scholarship sanctions, it is completely inexcusable for Texas to ever get blown out and shut out by unranked Iowa St. If Strong's resume is anywhere in BJ's office, other than the shredder, BJ should be shot.

Miami could do a lot worse... One thing for sure this would be an immediate power play in south Florida. Charlie strong is greatly respected in the community.

Advertisement
Just my opinion on strong. We would play great defense with him. Also south florida kids grow up playing for black coaches. He was really able to sale that while at Louisville. I think he would kill it recruiting in s. Florida.

He isnt my first choice but hiring strong would show miami is serious about football again.

Assuming we won't hire Butch and can't hire Herman...

latest

Getting shut out by Iowa State is inexplicable. I dgaf how bare the cupboard is.

All of these "he's not a fit at Texas but he would be at Miami" guys have no explanation for Iowa State. You can't get destroyed by one of the worst teams in FBS in your second year as the HC of Texas. It's inexcusable and should be a Texas sized red flag to anyone still pimping *******.

Somehow they beat OU with that same team.

Advertisement
LOL at UM hoping its next HC continues to embarrass himself so they can steal him away from Texas. Texas would be ecstatic if UM took him so they could go after a guy like Chip Kelly.

Imagine the excitement heading into 2016 after we hire a HC coming off a 4-8 season.

IMO Texas would love to get rid of him. They can see he will have trouble to reach Mack Brown final two years of total wins.

I'm guessing that the UT people would love to get rid of ******* and not pay the buyout. Of course, the geniuses running UM would wind up paying to buyout a coach that UT would love to get rid of for nothing.

I can easily see that happen.

At this point his lack of success is inexcusable. I dont believe he is a good fit there but under no circumstance can you get shut out by Iowa State. I'll take him over Chud and Wario and that's it.

Advertisement
Do you know how low of a bar it is to take someone over Mario or Schiano? That is not an argument in support of a coach. Neither is pair him with a good OC.

crossover22[]_[];2353503 said:
Just my opinion on strong. We would play great defense with him. Also south florida kids grow up playing for black coaches. He was really able to sale that while at Louisville. I think he would kill it recruiting in s. Florida.

He isnt my first choice but hiring strong would show miami is serious about football again.

Is this what you posted about Randy Shannon after Coker was fired?

Herman and Butch are the Choices... And Butch Takes the job if offered...

It shouldn't even come down to Strong as a choice..

JC

Would be another 4 years of crap.