Charlie Strong Top Candidate?

Advertisement
"If he were to quit, he would still receive $15.9 million still owed to him on his current deal."

This seems highly unlikely.

It's not just unlikely, it's absolutely not true. If Strong leaves, he owes the school money (retained assistants' salaries), not the other way around.

Of course he would listen, we shouldn't be calling though. He set offense back about 75 years at Texas.

Advertisement
What's concerning to me is if we hire Strong for 4 mil or more. What would be left to get good coordinators? I feel that we would need a knockout hire of a offensive coordinator for Strong. I don't see that happening with that much money being tied up in the head coach. So I guess that leaves Coley on staff?

How toxic is the situation at Texas? With all of their money and resources, a coach is contemplating leaving there for here? Unless he is about to get fired, there's no way most guys make that move. Less money, less resources, equally if not more rabid fan base, and less support from the schools administration. He must be hearing whispers about an imminent firing.

Advertisement
Good call. Miami would be super smart to hire a guy who is a complete failure at a football factory like Texas.

i wouldnt mind him as a head coach if he brought in some great cordinators.

Smh

You think he will bring in better coordinators than he has at Texas with the money they have to spend?

He's the black golden. He had a Heisman QB in teddy before they came to the acc. He's garbage at texas.

Wouldn't he have a great QB here? I don't want him as a coach, but all these guys have flaws. Pagano is another guy that is about to get fired and people want him too. I don't know who is a can't miss prospect right now.

Good call. Miami would be super smart to hire a guy who is a complete failure at a football factory like Texas.

Football factory, Texas doesn't have this great football history. They are the Georgia of the southwest. Long on money, short on championship.

Getting shut out by Iowa State is inexplicable. I dgaf how bare the cupboard is.

All of these "he's not a fit at Texas but he would be at Miami" guys have no explanation for Iowa State. You can't get destroyed by one of the worst teams in FBS in your second year as the HC of Texas. It's inexcusable and should be a Texas sized red flag to anyone still pimping *******.

Advertisement
Getting shut out by Iowa State is inexplicable. I dgaf how bare the cupboard is.

All of these "he's not a fit at Texas but he would be at Miami" guys have no explanation for Iowa State. You can't get destroyed by one of the worst teams in FBS in your second year as the HC of Texas. It's inexcusable and should be a Texas sized red flag to anyone still pimping *******.

This, there offense has been putrid. I'm afraid his success is more a result of having a QB like Teddy Bridgewater more than Strong actually being a good coach.

How toxic is the situation at Texas? With all of their money and resources, a coach is contemplating leaving there for here? Unless he is about to get fired, there's no way most guys make that move. Less money, less resources, equally if not more rabid fan base, and less support from the schools administration. He must be hearing whispers about an imminent firing.

It's actually very easy to believe. He's universally reviled at Texas. He's been a colossal failure. If he can escape that burning dumpster he created and get $4M/year at a place where he probably thinks he can win and where a lot of the dopey fans would welcome him and make excuses for him if he fails for a few years, of course he'd be interested.

This would be like if Wisconsin had offered Folden the HC gig while he was dying at UM. He would have had Flintstone spinning feet as he ran out of here. ******* would jog to UM if we offered him the gig. Have you seen how uncomfortable and pained he looks at his press conferences? Looks like Folden after Ped State rejected him.

It mostly the "recruiter" nerds.

Strong has this mystic ability to "recruit" (like Wario)

Advertisement

This, there offense has been putrid. I'm afraid his success is more a result of having a QB like Teddy Bridgewater more than Strong actually being a good coach.

That and playing in a horrible Big East with better talent that Hurtt bought for him.

It mostly the "recruiter" nerds.

Strong has this mystic ability to "recruit" (like Wario)

The recruiting nerds are a thorn in my side. Them and the "yeah he might be a ****** HC, but just give him some great coordinators" buffoons. Bunch of dumb dorks.

Advertisement
Back