Changes to coaching staff

Advertisement
Mirabal has coached top tier units at Oregon year in and year out and the one time he gets a really talented prospect, he immediately turns him into a top NFL draft pick.

Come on now.
I am judging your ability to detect sarcasm

Advertisement
Pretty sure Ponce leaves as well unless he is offered the OC job.

The QB development has been subpar to say the least. The defense at least had some positive moments, so letting any of these guys go would not be great.
If Satterfield gets canned at Louisville, I could see Ponce staying if we hired Satterfield for OC because Ponce used to work under him.

Advertisement
I seriously doubt Ponce is going anywhere.

He's known Mario and Mirabal for decades. He's known Field forever too. Mario isn't booting his homeboy after one season. Not after he left an OC job to be QB coach.

With his relationships with the guys already on staff (something Gattis lacked), Ponce is more likely to be our next OC than he is to be fired.

we know who are gone based on common sense - addae gattis ponce. I’d say Steele is 50-50 only bc of age.

He's known Mario and Mirabal for decades. He's known Field forever too. Mario isn't booting his homeboy after one season. Not after he left an OC job to be QB coach.

With his relationships with the guys already on staff (something Gattis lacked), Ponce is more likely to be our next OC than he is to be fired.
That is frightening. Sadly, I agree with you. Here's hoping we go out and get a real OC. If we don't, I expect the protal to be on fire.

Advertisement

He has no choice if the new oc says I’m the qbc and I want x to be my wr coach. If prince is the oc Mario Is worse than manny at this point

Advertisement
Mirabal can go tol if the new OC wants to bring in his own guy to coach the OL

Mirabal not going anywhere and I doubt Ponce does too. These are two ripe fruits from the Mario coaching tree and I find it hard to believe Mario discards so easily.

If Satterfield gets canned, odds on favorite he will be number 1 on Mario's list of OC candidates and a perfect fit with Mirabal and Ponce from prior associations.

That's one scenario that keeps both Mirabal and Ponce around.

This line of thinking would be Mario's demise

Advertisement
Back