Change in recruiting strategy?

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
It seems like over the last few days we have been offering kids all over the country and not just local. Could this be us taking a more national approach to recruiting under Diaz? I’ve wanted that for a while.

Advertisement
It seems like over the last few days we have been offering kids all over the country and not just local. Could this be us taking a more national approach to recruiting under Diaz? I’ve wanted that for a while.

Not really, both stafsf have been doing tons of this for year...But yes at this time, there are only a couple left locally...And they are basically offering need positions everywhere that didn't sign in December.

Not really, both stafsf have been doing tons of this for year...But yes at this time, there are only a couple left locally...And they are basically offering need positions everywhere that didn't sign in December.
I’m not talking about 2019. Most of the offers have been for 2020 and beyond.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gotta cast a BIG NET. No problem with this approach, but we still need to lock down the studs that can take Metrorail to campus.

Better get someone up in Jacksonville area, as Hartley already there yesterday visiting Fred Davis and Mammerili. Afraid that dude going to come back and haunt us.

I hope not. More likely, it’s a result of most of the local talent having committed elsewhere at this point.

We need to recruit our back yard much better because we flail around other people’s back yards.

Advertisement
Hasn’t worked
Havent been winning to make that formula work! We need to continue to try and get the best from SFL and expand to cherry pick from around the country!! This worked for JJ, Butch Davis! When we stopped winning on a consistent basis the best started looking for a better product, that's why we are getting pouched and left will scraps!

We win, they will come!!

The coaching staff need to start on Canesinsight Recruiting Player Database:Start with 2019,then search "any" on all catergories,then click on filter and troll down. There is all few good players on the list.

IMO one of the biggest issues with the previous staff was being so selective with offers. Send out offers to the top 300 kids nationally and then recruit from there. We miss on having a chance at so many guys b/c of late offers/interest. We are an attractive football program located in a very attraction location.

Advertisement
I doubt it. Manny believes the key to recruiting success is winning battles in South Florida and he has spoken on this in the past. At Canefest he said he tells recruits something along the lines of 'if Miami lined up with all the best kids from South Florida and Alabama lined up with all the best kids in that state, who do you think would win?' He also said he wants to focus on Miami and supplement with other talent.

If these recent offers are indicative of an overall change in recruiting strategy, then it's very different from what he was saying back in August.

We lost on the good recruits cause the program wasn't showing any stability. And if look on that list there's still a lot Florida Boys on it for all the positions we need to fill.

Advertisement
Back