Change in recruiting strategy?

I'll give you 6 of the 8 u listed. Hightower played at IMG and Jarren was a late offer. **** they got Jeff Thomas after a late push. The problem with the last staff is that most of the coaches didn't have plan B guys at all and if they did have them they didn't communicate with them enough. Look at the Oline scramble b4 Searles was fired. Jon only went after 1 QB all year. Brown - none of his plan A rbs wanted in. Where were the plan B's during the season?

You're right you can't recruit your plan A's and B's the same but the new staff has to do a better job recruiting their plan B guys and OOS kids period. U can't be blind to the fact that we've been burned too many times thinking that we had guys wrapped up and when they went elsewhere the staff scrambled for guys or they'd go to their plan B kid and he'd basically give the staff the finger because they didn't keep communication lines open.
The narrative that the previous staff didn’t recruit OOS is false.
I’m not blind to that fact. These kids talk out the side of their mouths at times. They don’t want to be disliked. So they can’t be honest. I feel like this, I’m not gonna blame a coach for missing on a kid who told you he’s gonna he committed or signed to you. Sure you should have a plan b if that doesn’t remain true. But y’all acting as if these 17-18 year old kids are giving clear answers. They are not. And a lot of these kids do make last minute decisions on u. As a coach tho that can’t deter u from recruiting a kid or a area. Imo our team ration 4:1 south Florida/Florida too OOS

Advertisement
Once again, the recruiting wasn’t the problem here, our product on the field was the problem. There doesn’t really need to be a shift in strategy just simply don’t go 7-5 after you finally started getting some momentum. Kids got excited about Miami, were negatively recruited with the ‘they will show their true loser colors they have shown the last 15 years soon enough’ and boom they were proven right.

The narrative that the previous staff didn’t recruit OOS is false.
I’m not blind to that fact. These kids talk out the side of their mouths at times. They don’t want to be disliked. So they can’t be honest. I feel like this, I’m not gonna blame a coach for missing on a kid who told you he’s gonna he committed or signed to you. Sure you should have a plan b if that doesn’t remain true. But y’all acting as if these 17-18 year old kids are giving clear answers. They are not. And a lot of these kids do make last minute decisions on u. As a coach tho that can’t deter u from recruiting a kid or a area. Imo our team ration 4:1 south Florida/Florid.

It seems like u missed my point. My bottom line is I hope the staff does a better job at recruiting OOS kids and do a better job at keeping their plan B's in the loop. That's all. Of course they recruited OOS kids but not offering some of the bigger named OL or DT was a big mistake imo. Not keeping kids in the loop and sometimes not even offering our plan B guys screwed us.

Of course you blame the coaches for missing on kids especially when there's a pattern of them scrambling for the next guy. Not all of the coaches did this. Hopefully the new staff does a better job. That's all I'm hoping for. The kids are going to do what they do. The coaches need to be the ones adapting.

No one said not to recruit certain kids or areas. All I said was do better offering/recruiting OOS and identify your backup plans and keep them in the loop so we have a better chance with them if they become the primary target. I'm with you on the ratio but until the staff is able to get it that way they need to find a different solution

No. We need to recruit our area first then expand. That’s the formula

The formula is to identify talent that can help you win championships. That talent can come from anywhere in the country as long as they wanna be Canes. We don’t neglect the “State of Miami” completely but the loyalty is not the same as it used to be amongst the recruits here. We need to get the top guys who wanna be here.

Advertisement
Throw out a lot of offers nationally, but have to be careful locally, because they can’t play games with kids in South Florida.

It seems like over the last few days we have been offering kids all over the country and not just local. Could this be us taking a more national approach to recruiting under Diaz? I’ve wanted that for a while.
Might have more to do with early signees - they're pretty much gone

The formula is to identify talent that can help you win championships. That talent can come from anywhere in the country as long as they wanna be Canes. We don’t neglect the “State of Miami” completely but the loyalty is not the same as it used to be amongst the recruits here. We need to get the top guys who wanna be here.
Ok nothing u said is debatable..everybody concedes we need ppl who want to be here

Strategy - win but understand Bama will own So Fla next few years

But --------Nick is out in a few years ...... guy was OT away from losing 3 straight national titles games......
- no doubt in my mind he is the GOAT but the fans up there are delusional

Advertisement
It seems like over the last few days we have been offering kids all over the country and not just local. Could this be us taking a more national approach to recruiting under Diaz? I’ve wanted that for a while.
I don't think its a change , but Miami has been recruiting locally and then when lost those kids went national and were late to party but doing it early we have fallbacks we have been on for a yr to try to get when local kids take the money and run. diaz gonna want to lock down south florida first as hiring Hickson/fields shows and moving cooney to recruiting coordinator show but making sure u recruit early nationally for the top p layers is a good thing also especially at qb and oline

Better get someone up in Jacksonville area, as Hartley already there yesterday visiting Fred Davis and Mammerili. Afraid that dude going to come back and haunt us.
Steve Field as the new TE coach has a rep as a recruiting alpha so if true we shouldn't need to worry about Hartley much at all

Advertisement
Once again, the recruiting wasn’t the problem here, our product on the field was the problem. There doesn’t really need to be a shift in strategy just simply don’t go 7-5 after you finally started getting some momentum. Kids got excited about Miami, were negatively recruited with the ‘they will show their true loser colors they have shown the last 15 years soon enough’ and boom they were proven right.

This. Our plan worked pretty well last year.

Advertisement
Back