Chance Robinson commits to Miami

View as article
Its not that complicated at all. A perrennial top 10 maybe probably even top 5 program that is second to none recently in getting WRs to the next level is courting you and wants you. Why wouldnt he be interested? Also in terms of the uphill depth chart battle, yeah its defintely real but when Taint is telling you that you are good enough for a scholly from them and you believe in your skillset, its not hard to fathom that the kid just outright thinks he will win playing time and this is his best path to the league.
Actually it's a lot more complicated than that now. You see if his thing is all about getting to the league than there is several key factors to the draft. #1 in a landslide is your measurables. That isn't about coaching in the least. It's about what God gave you. #2 in a landslide is NFL relationships surrounding you. In our instance we bar none have more valuables NFL relationships than any college in the country. That is literally what Alonzo has focused on most is getting kids proper feedback and establishing interest levels throughout their time in college. The man's NFL relationships are numerous at a VERY high level. Than you have an NFL hall of famer in Jason Taylor. That goes a very long way. Than you have Mario Whos very well respected throughout the league and even to a lesser extent coach Joe. Not to mention all of our alumni base who some of us our word goes a long way when it relates to our opinions. No school in the country matches those relationships. #3 is talent and results on field themselves. Things line up very well for us right now.

Advertisement
It really is crazy how on here people apparently think Justin flowe is a jag. ***** wild.

Had a solid game against SC last night. Didn’t have a lot of tackles, but he had a sack, caused multiple pre-snap infractions on SC’s OL, played well in coverage in the flats, & cleaned up a couple of tackles w/ some vicious hits.

Advertisement
Actually it's a lot more complicated than that now. You see if his thing is all about getting to the league than there is several key factors to the draft. #1 in a landslide is your measurables. That isn't about coaching in the least. It's about what God gave you. #2 in a landslide is NFL relationships surrounding you. In our instance we bar none have more valuables NFL relationships than any college in the country. That is literally what Alonzo has focused on most is getting kids proper feedback and establishing interest levels throughout their time in college. The man's NFL relationships are numerous at a VERY high level. Than you have an NFL hall of famer in Jason Taylor. That goes a very long way. Than you have Mario Whos very well respected throughout the league and even to a lesser extent coach Joe. Not to mention all of our alumni base who some of us our word goes a long way when it relates to our opinions. No school in the country matches those relationships. #3 is talent and results on field themselves. Things line up very well for us right now.
NFL relationships do not trump talent and results

A career in the NFL and hundreds of friends in the NFL tells me differently. But again everyone is entitled to their opinions. Me knowing ur wrong is irrelevant to your opinion.

I know I always have to clear things up on here. So I suppose I have to explain that the talent and results is a given in any equation that results in someone making an NFL roster... safe to say if you DONT have talent and some kind of results than you wouldn't have an opportunity regardless.

The first two rounds of the draft yearly show you that relationships and tools are a priority. If you knew the background that goes into an NFL pick period this wouldn't even be a discussion... Scouts aren't some amazing evaluators contrary to some beliefs.

Last edited:
The number of players that end up in the NFL and are given a chance (sometimes more than one) based on who vouches for them is insane, and you shouldn't underestimate it. Perhaps not in R1, but anything outside of that, those relationships are incredibly important. Analyst that was a TE Coach in college having the intel and 411 on some 3rd round TE prospect...he's definitely on the draft board with a good word. Day 3 and UDFAs have a lot of local guys getting drafted or picking from local programs based on the relationships they have with the staff or the intel they get on them. Player with an injury red flag...but guy on the staff knows his coaches and how much he's a dawg...all of a sudden he goes from off the draft board to a guy they would consider. I think you're underrating those relationship.

Advertisement
A career in the NFL and hundreds of friends in the NFL tells me differently. But again everyone is entitled to their opinions. Me knowing ur wrong is irrelevant to your opinion.

I know I always have to clear things up on here. So I suppose I have to explain that the talent and results is a given in any equation that results in someone making an NFL roster... safe to say if you DONT have talent and some kind of results than you wouldn't have an opportunity regardless.

The first two rounds of the draft yearly show you that relationships and tools are a priority. If you knew the background that goes into an NFL pick period this wouldn't even be a discussion... Scouts aren't some amazing evaluators contrary to some beliefs.
Maybe in the later rounds or for undrafted players. Caleb Williams is getting drafted ahead of everyone who may or may not have great relationships with whoever in the nfl. NFL rosters are not into nepotism

Advertisement
Maybe in the later rounds or for undrafted players. Caleb Williams is getting drafted ahead of everyone who may or may not have great relationships with whoever in the nfl. NFL rosters are not into nepotism
Sometimes it helps to read... the talent is a given and the more talent you have the more it's gonna work for you. But talent alone does nothing at that level. Everyone can feel free to fire away on opinions. But this isn't one for me. This is something I know for fact. If Caleb Williams played for Manny diaz he WOULD NOT have anywhere close to the same opportunities he would have playing for staffs that have built equity in this game... I respect everyone's opinions. But there's something's that not everyone knows. Nor should they. Myself I don't know plenty of things about numerous topics that don't relate to the life I lived. I wouldn't try to tell y'all about accounting, or being a doctor, a lawyer etc. I'm that same context there is very few people who can tell me anything ANYMORE about football. (Except on the oline cause I don't know **** about that position)

Advertisement
Sometimes it helps to read... the talent is a given and the more talent you have the more it's gonna work for you. But talent alone does nothing at that level. Everyone can feel free to fire away on opinions. But this isn't one for me. This is something I know for fact. If Caleb Williams played for Manny diaz he WOULD NOT have anywhere close to the same opportunities he would have playing for staffs that have built equity in this game... I respect everyone's opinions. But there's something's that not everyone knows. Nor should they. Myself I don't know plenty of things about numerous topics that don't relate to the life I lived. I wouldn't try to tell y'all about accounting, or being a doctor, a lawyer etc. I'm that same context there is very few people who can tell me anything ANYMORE about football. (Except on the oline cause I don't know **** about that position)
Talent alone in the nfl doesn’t get it done you are right for sure. I feel like cfb and nfl are so different it’s almost crazy. I didn’t believe that take about if Diaz had Caleb……but I have seen the light. A qb has to have a good HC and OC to work and relationships do effect a lot. You have great coaches that make things easier for qbs you see it in college a lot.

Lol thanks. Im emoji illiterate.
Think of this one like the cartoon bulls with smoke coming out of their nostrils. It's like being willing to charge into battle, run through a wall or as someone else said, LFG!

Angry Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

Advertisement
Back