Chance Robinson commits to Miami

View as article
I hate these posts. U would think after what we did with 7 losses these posts wont be around anymore. I just give up man, if we lose alot we still getting a banger class dead a55. Alot of yall was asleep
Nope. If we have another losing season the "we are rebuilding" narrative has less force and effect. Recruits want to play for winners; plain and simple.

Advertisement
Robinson intends to still take his official visits previously set to Auburn and Penn State before he announced his commitment. Miami will now also receive an official visit from Robinson, who initially wanted to save his OVs for schools not within driving distance.

“I’m not going to close down my recruitment,” Robinson said. “I’m gonna keep taking my officials and go see some places. But as of right now, I’m a Cane. This is where I want to be.”
Can’t blame anyone for keeping options open if they want to play for a winning program.

We have to show improvement on the field this year

Basketball Player Kobe Bryant More.gif

Nope. If we have another losing season the "we are rebuilding" narrative has less force and effect. Recruits want to play for winners; plain and simple.
U don't follow other programs it doesn't work like that. When u have an elite recruiter they recruit elite regardless. What did Jimbo sell an 8-4 season in his 4th year and the number one class

Advertisement
U don't follow other programs it doesn't work like that. When u have an elite recruiter they recruit elite regardless. What did Jimbo sell an 8-4 season in his 4th year and the number one
Nope again.
Elite recruiter only gets you so far for so long.
Kids still want to win and still want to be developed for the next level. Another losing season tells recruits that ain't happening right now and it just gives ammo to other coaches to use against us.

Ironically your reference to an outlier like Texas AM (with a ton of money and a coach - and other coaches that at least in the past had some success - although his last season at FSU was bad as I recall) actually shows why having a losing season is not helpful.

Although you mention they went 8-4 two seasons ago you didn't mention that they went 5-7 this past season and 27 of their elite recruits transferred out. Other coaches will seize on that and say they weren't able to win and weren't coached up, despite having elite recruiters, elite players, a ton of money, and a high paid coach (who other teams will say is past his prime and is just mailing it in).

Nope again.
Elite recruiter only gets you so far for so long.
Kids still want to win and still want to be developed for the next level. Another losing season tells recruits that ain't happening right now and it just gives ammo to other coaches to use against us.

Ironically your reference to an outlier like Texas AM (with a ton of money and a coach - and other coaches that at least in the past had some success - although his last season at FSU was bad as I recall) actually shows why having a losing season is not helpful.

Although you mention they went 8-4 two seasons ago you didn't mention that they went 5-7 this past season and 27 of their elite recruits transferred out. Other coaches will seize on that and say they weren't able to win and weren't coached up, despite having elite recruiters, elite players, a ton of money, and a high paid coach (who other teams will say is past his prime and is just mailing it in).
If we lose this year u shall see sir we will let the proof be that decider. All I'm saying when it happens don't move those goal posts. And a lot of those recruits flopped they stunk. That's what happened Jimbo's evals slipped even at fsu his evals weren't superior. He can get a kid to sign but your evals have to be on point.

Advertisement
I'm really surprised no ones commented on what this dude did with this edit. Take a closer look at the stadium in the background. Please tell me that's not intentional.
I didn’t look at it bc I don’t really pay attention to this part of it but I will now.

Empty seats??? Lol

Robinson intends to still take his official visits previously set to Auburn and Penn State before he announced his commitment. Miami will now also receive an official visit from Robinson, who initially wanted to save his OVs for schools not within driving distance.

“I’m not going to close down my recruitment,” Robinson said. “I’m gonna keep taking my officials and go see some places. But as of right now, I’m a Cane. This is where I want to be.”
Sounds solid.

If we lose this year u shall see sir we will let the proof be that decider. All I'm saying when it happens don't move those goal posts. And a lot of those recruits flopped they stunk. That's what happened Jimbo's evals slipped even at fsu his evals weren't superior. He can get a kid to sign but your evals have to be on point.
Anyone can say in hindsight that elite highly rated football players who transferred, stunk, and everyone that rated them and evaluated them were somehow wrong. That's convenient but actually contradicts what you previously said about getting "elite" recruits.

Are you saying that if we sh-t the bed, our offense performs like it did this past year, and we go 5-7 this year, we will still get Jeremiah Smith to flip from Ohio State because all of that doesn't matter since we have an elite recruiter? That ain't happening.

The city shows up for events. Even the 2001 team was not selling out games against Temple. The real secret is to schedule marquis names at our home games. The ACC rarely delivers.
Wasn’t aware that Temple was a competitive game in 2001. Please reread. They don’t show up to dogs. They show up to premium experiences…which Temple has never been in football during my lifetime.

Advertisement

i caught that also, very tentative.

i caught that also, very tentative.

Chance? You guys should watch the actual interview. It wasn't as nefarious or cautionary as you are all taking it. I think people are reading into it too much. He was waxing poetic about UM and in between it he was specifically asked if he was canceling his visits and he replied honestly. It's just a kid who is taking his visits, as kids should IMO.

You want an early commit before kids can take officials, this is what it looks like. Remember when Francis was a 7/4 early commit to us that gave us a huge boost and helped build the class? You might not remember he visited Alabama, UF, TENN, and USC officially first, and a zillion teams unofficially.

Was JoJo the one who really set it off when he flipped in June? He had already gone on officials to L'ville and Clemson in the weeks before.

Very few kids don't take any visits at all which is what you all are asking him to do.

Advertisement
Anyone can say in hindsight that elite highly rated football players who transferred, stunk, and everyone that rated them and evaluated them were somehow wrong. That's convenient but actually contradicts what you previously said about getting "elite" recruits.

Are you saying that if we sh-t the bed, our offense performs like it did this past year, and we go 5-7 this year, we will still get Jeremiah Smith to flip from Ohio State because all of that doesn't matter since we have an elite recruiter? That ain't happening.
I mean hindsight reveals what's true. Yea your right it's easy to say now cause we seen it. I'm saying if our record is similar we will have a top class. I don't think our offense can be as bad as last year. If that wr verbal in a spring game our O numbers won't affect us. I mean we signed a lot of good weapons with Gattis running the O. Kids were giving pledges with that train wreck coaching. I mean we beat out Kiffin for a dynamic player and u can agree Kiffin is a better Offensive mind? CJ could of went to Ole Miss cause of scheme and numbers yet he chose to be here with questions surrounding our O. That's how elite recruiting works

I mean hindsight reveals what's true. Yea your right it's easy to say now cause we seen it. I'm saying if our record is similar we will have a top class. I don't think our offense can be as bad as last year. If that wr verbal in a spring game our O numbers won't affect us. I mean we signed a lot of good weapons with Gattis running the O. Kids were giving pledges with that train wreck coaching. I mean we beat out Kiffin for a dynamic player and u can agree Kiffin is a better Offensive mind? CJ could have went to Ole Miss cause of scheme and numbers yet he chose to be here with questions surrounding our O. That's how elite recruiting works
Okay, okay. I'm getting a headache - LOL. You raise some fair points above. I hope you are right.

Last edited:
Good call. Didn’t see that. That’s a slight on us for sure.

Is that the narrative with these coaches are dropping instead of facilities now? I heard EJ Manuel comment last night on the broadcast that he was strongly considering Miami but got there and saw the facilities and decided not to come. Not sure how true that is but I know we get nit picked on everything. I guess the new top narrative is about our crowd size in an NFL stadium when we have been mediocre for years (now with facilities upgrades).

Truth be told, this team wins, that place is packed for decently competitive games. That’s how the “city” of South Florida is…crazy for a winner. We’ve got to figure out how to turn the corner.
South Florida people in general are frugal and fair weather at best. It's important to note that south Florida isn't made up of majority of people with any tie to university of Miami. We are in the minority when it relates to alumni base locally definitely behind fiu,fau,ucf,ufag & fspoo. Tie in the Miami Dade campuses and that's where you find our alumni base locally. Behind all of those. It's important to remember that when we speak on crowds. So in our instance more than any other winning is the key factor. But we'll still be behind the curve in vast majority of our games and being in a large NFL stadium. Just real nonsense to have some prick who kids rely on for edits nationally and who should be impartial in those instances to throw in a cheap shot like that. Cause I gaurenteed it was intentional and I gaurentee people will notice it. I'd like to choke that dude into a coma. Coachella has me feeling violent. Lmfao

Advertisement
Back