Chance Robinson commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Wasn’t aware that Temple was a competitive game in 2001. Please reread. They don’t show up to dogs. They show up to premium experiences…which Temple has never been in football during my lifetime.
That’s the point. You can reread as well. The ACC rarely delivers.

The city shows up for events. Even the 2001 team was not selling out games against Temple. The real secret is to schedule marquis names at our home games. The ACC rarely delivers.

We have to get to the point where we can win/compete against the top teams before you schedule them….doesn’t do any good to schedule a top team and get drudged on national TV like it’s been for 20 years except the Notre Dump game….

We ain’t ready for prime time yet ( well THAT prime time we are) but we will be soon…..then we can get back to our old mantra of anyone,anywhere,any time

Free trips, money, girls, etc. Not easy for a teenager to turn that down.

Yea I think the English translation of what he said was “ these other schools handing out bags so I’m gonna go get me a little spending money and drill me a couple nice little things before I shut it down…”

Advertisement
We have to get to the point where we can win/compete against the top teams before you schedule them….doesn’t do any good to schedule a top team and get drudged on national TV like it’s been for 20 years except the Notre Dump game….

We ain’t ready for prime time yet ( well THAT prime time we are) but we will be soon…..then we can get back to our old mantra of anyone,anywhere,any time
That’s not correct. Miami’s success began by having the top teams in the country having Miami be its cupcake on the schedule. With the statement you made, Texas A&M would still be in the Big 12 and Mizzou would never have an SEC East title.
Look at Kentucky’s success playing out of conference teams.

Iron sharpens iron.

Also, big games draw crowds just like the original point.

Welcome to the family

69D51A84-5453-4147-8C39-58658E7A5C50.jpeg

Advertisement
That’s not correct. Miami’s success began by having the top teams in the country having Miami be its cupcake on the schedule. With the statement you made, Texas A&M would still be in the Big 12 and Mizzou would never have an SEC East title.
Look at Kentucky’s success playing out of conference teams.

Iron sharpens iron.

Also, big games draw crowds just like the original point.

We are in a whooooole different world than we were 25-30 years ago….not sure kids want to come to a place that’s getting beat by 45 on nat’l TV every time they step up in class…

Not sure any kid looks at a 10-3 record and says well one win came against BCU and one win came against app. St..etc.

They look at the 10-3 record and it show’s 10 wins…..not 4 good wins,3 decent wins and 3 wins against ****** teams…

I’m all for playing the Bama’s ,UGA’s and OSU’s of the CFB world but we can’t come cLose to competing with them right now so why schedule them and lose top recruits to them that have a choice between us and them.Who you think they’re choosing 95% of the time?

Mario has us heading to the anyone,anytime anywhere type team we once were but we are at least 2 years away from that point.I’d rather have wins right now against ANYONE than play a top team and get stomped as has been the scenario for seems like forever except the Notre Dump game…

Right now give me wins…win and people will show up…doesn’t matter who we’re beating …jmo

That’s the point. You can reread as well. The ACC rarely delivers.
We have made the ACC look like SEC. You think the Big East was made of earth shattering programs? We have more of a challenge ahead of us these days than we ever did in 2001. The league may not be a show stopper but they manage to cannabalize themselves year in and out with the exception of Clemson during Watson’s and Sunshine’s years. If we were remotely competitive, our stadium wouldn’t look like it does. Sure the top corners would be empty but for FSU, Clemson and a big non-conference opponent, but we should be putting butts in the seats for 60 - 70% of the games. Instead, we suck right now and can’t manage to fill 1/3 of the stadium which results in BS edits like the one That Faucet POS put out there and it be remotely true. Bottom line, I disagree with your thesis’s regarding a competitive UM team versus a decent team in the ACC (say UNC, Pitt, WF, Clemson, NCSt).

Even the best Miami teams have struggled to draw crowds against weak opponents. Especially for the dreaded "noon kickoff". They'd sellout the FSU game and maybe another big name home game but the next week against Rutgers there'd be 35,000 people there. It's just a fact. Miami doesn't have that many fans.
Miami has tons of fans.
The issue is the city itself and all the things there are to do.
A football game is a whole day thing. From parking to tailgating and the traffic in and out.

If you already have limited time with your family your not gonna go see a game that’s gonna be a blowout by halftime ( when we’re good)

If we’re not good why go see a nail biting performance against a mediocre team with all the sun and water activities. There’s a reason why Miami is a worldwide destination point and going to see the canes isn’t one of them.
Only the hardcore fans (guilty) are gonna sit through that.

If we’re a good team you will get more people in the stands against bad teams.

But Miami isn’t Nebraska in October where it’s cold and the only thing there is to do is football on Saturday.
September in Miami is hot AF!! And a noon game better deliver.
And if it’s a crappy team then UM better deliver.

The last few years fsu sucked with norvell where were their fans?!! They win 10 games and are selling out because there ain’t sht to do up there. But when they’re losing they still rather sit in the double wide drinking pbr all day.

This dumb *** narrative keeps coming up.
Miami and every major city has the same problem. The biggest problem we have with attendance is sharing a city with a football team that also has a hardcore fan base.
If the dolphins didn’t play here then omg attendance would explode.

Let’s take usc for example. A school with a ridiculous large and wealthy alumni base and a rich history.
It’s smack in the middle of the one of the most population dense areas in America and second in America in total population.
A team with more hype than probably anyone in the country last year.
Their opener against rice drew 60k. They only cranked out 60k the year before once and only because it was ucla.

The opener against rice was a 630 pm game. The high that day was in the high 90’s.
They ranked 22 in total attendance last year. The only major metropolitan team in the top 25. All the rest were college towns or towns averaging about 2 hrs from a major city like uga and Michigan.
Despite all that hype they only sold out against ucla.
Sounds a lot like Miami v FSU at night.

In 2018 Miami averaged 61,469 which was good for 22nd in the nation. Right where usc is at rk.

I guess usc doesn’t have that many fans either?

Miami can win back to back nattys and still won’t sell out a noon game against Stetson.
And that fact isn’t the reason why recruits aren’t coming but it is a negative recruiting pitch that teams have been using since 1982.

But Miami will sell out every game against a rival or a ranked opponent and the environment is up there with any team in cfb.

Advertisement
Miami has tons of fans.
The issue is the city itself and all the things there are to do.
A football game is a whole day thing. From parking to tailgating and the traffic in and out.

If you already have limited time with your family your not gonna go see a game that’s gonna be a blowout by halftime ( when we’re good)

If we’re not good why go see a nail biting performance against a mediocre team with all the sun and water activities. There’s a reason why Miami is a worldwide destination point and going to see the canes isn’t one of them.
Only the hardcore fans (guilty) are gonna sit through that.

If we’re a good team you will get more people in the stands against bad teams.

But Miami isn’t Nebraska in October where it’s cold and the only thing there is to do is football on Saturday.
September in Miami is hot AF!! And a noon game better deliver.
And if it’s a crappy team then UM better deliver.

The last few years fsu sucked with norvell where were their fans?!! They win 10 games and are selling out because there ain’t sht to do up there. But when they’re losing they still rather sit in the double wide drinking pbr all day.

This dumb *** narrative keeps coming up.
Miami and every major city has the same problem. The biggest problem we have with attendance is sharing a city with a football team that also has a hardcore fan base.
If the dolphins didn’t play here then omg attendance would explode.

Let’s take usc for example. A school with a ridiculous large and wealthy alumni base and a rich history.
It’s smack in the middle of the one of the most population dense areas in America and second in America in total population.
A team with more hype than probably anyone in the country last year.
Their opener against rice drew 60k. They only cranked out 60k the year before once and only because it was ucla.

The opener against rice was a 630 pm game. The high that day was in the high 90’s.
They ranked 22 in total attendance last year. The only major metropolitan team in the top 25. All the rest were college towns or towns averaging about 2 hrs from a major city like uga and Michigan.
Despite all that hype they only sold out against ucla.
Sounds a lot like Miami v FSU at night.

In 2018 Miami averaged 61,469 which was good for 22nd in the nation. Right where usc is at rk.

I guess usc doesn’t have that many fans either?

Miami can win back to back nattys and still won’t sell out a noon game against Stetson.
And that fact isn’t the reason why recruits aren’t coming but it is a negative recruiting pitch that teams have been using since 1982.

But Miami will sell out every game against a rival or a ranked opponent and the environment is up there with any team in cfb.
Funny you use USC as your example because they’re also a private school with a smaller alumni base.

I’d say that 90% of the people at Hardrock on any given Saturday are from the tri county area. It’s mostly locals and handfuls of out of town alumni. When there’s 100,000 people at a Michigan or Penn State game, do you think it’s just local people in Ann Arbor or State College? No. It’s alumni who often travel hours from the more metro areas for the game. Big schools with huge alumni bases get bigger crowds. It’s got nothing to do with the fact that college towns don’t have much else to do. The fans inside the stadium aren’t the random locals that happen to live in a college town. They’re mostly alumni who travel to the games.

Funny you use USC as your example because they’re also a private school with a smaller alumni base.

I’d say that 90% of the people at Hardrock on any given Saturday are from the tri county area. It’s mostly locals and handfuls of out of town alumni. When there’s 100,000 people at a Michigan or Penn State game, do you think it’s just local people in Ann Arbor or State College? No. It’s alumni who often travel hours from the more metro areas for the game. Big schools with huge alumni bases get bigger crowds. It’s got nothing to do with the fact that college towns don’t have much else to do. The fans inside the stadium aren’t the random locals that happen to live in a college town. They’re mostly alumni who travel to the games.
I would love to see a breakdown of alumni who attend games for each p5 school. I really dk t know how that would look like.

Nebraska has been sold out since The Rolling Stones were topping the charts. And I doubt that 75percent of those attending have been alumni.
They sell out cause corn is boring.
South Dakota, Idaho, and Nebraska we’re ranked the 3 most boring states respectively.

Las Vegas, Orlando, and Miami we’re ranked the least boring cities in America respectively.

NFL teams don’t have an alumni base and they do pretty good in attendance numbers.

But yes I agree that a large alumni base helps with attendance. But I just don’t think it’s that big as most people believe. If anything the student population helps with attendance in these college towns.

Tamu sold 37k student tickets in 2022. That’s like 3 times the student population at UM and good for over 50% of hard rock’s capacity.

Last edited:
I would love to see a breakdown of alumni who attend games for each p5 school. I really dk t know how that would look like.

Nebraska has been sold out since The Rolling Stones were topping the charts. And I doubt that 75percent of those attending have been alumni.
South Dakota, Idaho, and Nebraska we’re ranked the 3 most boring states respectively.

Las Vegas, Orlando, and Miami we’re ranked the least boring cities in America respectively.

NFL teams don’t have an alumni base and they do pretty good in attendance numbers.

But yes I agree that a large alumni base helps with attendance. But I just don’t think it’s that big as most people believe. If anything the student population helps with attendance in these college towns.

Tamu sold 37 student tickets in 2022. That’s like 3 times the student population at UM and good for over 50% of hard rock’s capacity.
Orlando, really?

Advertisement

Tamu sold 37 student tickets in 2022. That’s like 3 times the student population at UM and good for over 50% of hard rock’s capacity.
I don’t necessarily disagree. The student seating point is valid too. UF has like 30,000 student seats for every game. UM only has like 12,000 undergrads total. My point is, die hard alumni fans are more likely to go to a noon game against a bad team than casual local fans who only care when the team is good (that’s a fact for every south Florida team) so Miami will never have full stadiums for low level opponents because there’s just not enough die hards.

I'm really surprised no ones commented on what this dude did with this edit. Take a closer look at the stadium in the background. Please tell me that's not intentional.
Compare Chance’s commit graphic to the rb commit who just popped for the suckeyes. Same exact template, but with a completely full stadium. This **** is intentional and bush league

Advertisement
Back