Chance Robinson commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I know of 2 top 30 WRs in the country that reached out and were told we are locked in at WR šŸ˜³

From Gattis last year to thisā€¦
Future Hive GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sorry did I miss something where he was decommitting? Or are we just assuming because he visited another school and itā€™s our typical reaction to it? TIA

Advertisement
I want chance here..he was the first WR to commit with the new coaches and is a great talent from an important local school.

But if he goes to Ohio State, then I'm not sure what else we could have done.

All we've done since he's committed is validate his decision to commit and prove even more than he expected as far as our offense and WR production.

It would be different if our offense was slow and boring and the WRs weren't doing anything.. But they've exceeded pretty much everybody's expectations up to now.
None of this makes any sense. Chance just reaffirmed his commitment not too long ago. The WRs and the entire offense is doing great and better than anyone could have imagined. Then out of the blue the kid starts flirting with OSU? Knowing full well than Brandon Inniss is miserable there and that Jeremiah Smiths commitment to Taint is tenuous at best. [BGCOLOR=initial]I don't know what to make of this. Something doesn't add up.[/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
None of this makes any sense. Chance just reaffirmed his commitment not too long ago. The WRs and the entire offense is doing great and better than anyone could have imagined. Then out of the blue the kid starts flirting with OSU? Knowing full well than Brandon Inniss is miserable there and that Jeremiah Smiths commitment to Taint is tenuous at best.

Maybe we have silents from Smith and Ny Carr and Chance is getting spooked by the competition? I don't know what to make of this but something doesn't add up.
I feel like the Chance stuff all started to occur right about the time that Trader committed.
Which in turn made my wonder if the NIL package we offered Trader is more than what Chance is receiving, and as a result he wanted to see if there was a better opportunity elsewhere.

None of this makes any sense. Chance just reaffirmed his commitment not too long ago. The WRs and the entire offense is doing great and better than anyone could have imagined. Then out of the blue the kid starts flirting with OSU? Knowing full well than Brandon Inniss is miserable there and that Jeremiah Smiths commitment to Taint is tenuous at best.

Maybe we have silents from Smith and Ny Carr and Chance is getting spooked by the competition? I don't know what to make of this but something doesn't add up.
Itā€™s not that complicated. Weā€™ve had three games with the new offense, one against a real team, and OSU has been churning high drafted receivers for years. A couple subpar offensive games with a new qb isnā€™t going to change how receivers look at their program.

Advertisement
I feel like the Chance stuff all started to occur right about the time that Trader committed.
Which in turn made my wonder if the NIL package we offered Trader is more than what Chance is receiving, and as a result he wanted to see if there was a better opportunity elsewhere.
That sounds like very solid reasoning to me. I find your theory quite plausible.

Itā€™s not that complicated. Weā€™ve had three games with the new offense, one against a real team, and OSU has been churning high drafted receivers for years. A couple subpar offensive games with a new qb isnā€™t going to change how receivers look at their program.
I think it's more than that. He has had that OSU offer for a long time then all of a sudden he starts flirting with them after solidifying his commitment to us and watching our offense go off? No man. Something happened to trigger this. Could be the huge NIL deal for JoJo. Not sure but something happened to get him thinking.

And honestly, I canā€™t be mad at the young man for seeing if there is more somewhere else. Like any ā€œemployeeā€ would do before accepting a job.
Sure I understand but I also think that there may be more to it than just Jojo's NIL deal. I think he knows that we are in a very good position with Smith plus we are hot after Carr. Plus we're still chasing McCoy and Hawkins. That's some very very stiff competition.

Advertisement
Back