Champagnat and T Valentine with NCAA

Would love to see the good ol boy network and these men who take advantage of these teens to get exposed.

Advertisement
@Sheadixon: Oh... Les Miles said Travonte Valentine is "not a guy we will count on" right now. Translation: don't expect him back soon. @Geaux247

Advertisement
I know some love to rag on the young man, but what a disservice his parents, the school, and even himself have done to him at this point. I can only hope that someone with a smidgen of sense can get in his ear and set him on the right path. He had NFL written all over him, but talent without quality guidance typically ends up as wasted talent.

Advertisement
The mysterious case of Travonte Valentine has a new chapter.

And, once again, it's bad news for Tiger fans.

The mammoth defensive tackle was mysteriously absent from LSU's first spring practice of the offseason on Saturday in Baton Rouge, and when Les Miles met with the media at the conclusion of the practice, he didn't offer up encouraging news as to his whereabouts.

“(Valentine's) not a guy we’re counting on at this point," Miles said. "For right now.”

Miles didn't open up much about Valentine's current standing with the team, but did add that discipline was the reason behind his absence. He later added that the coaching staff had given Valentine some academic requirements that he has failed to meet, saying “we’ve insisted he take care of (the work) and he hasn’t."

Valentine missed the entire 2014 season after being ruled ineligible for his freshman campaign as a result of academic requirements coming out of high school, but he did participate in practices with the team. It remains unclear how long Valentine will be gone from the roster this spring.

Valentine was ranked as the No. 3 defensive tackle in the 2014 class and the No. 34 overall prospect in the country.

Advertisement
I know some love to rag on the young man, but what a disservice his parents, the school, and even himself have done to him at this point. I can only hope that someone with a smidgen of sense can get in his ear and set him on the right path. He had NFL written all over him, but talent without quality guidance typically ends up as wasted talent.

Don't be a rube. Sometimes in life people don't care.30 years of NCAA rules enforced and 6-7 years of public schools telling and pleading with potential athletes to get there **** together, tutors, helpers, liars and enablers still couldn't help this moron and his greedy people surrounding him...He falls by the side...his fault

he was always a long shot to make it into a school like LSU, UF, UM, etc thats why i never understood why people wanted him so bad and why our staff chose to make an acedemic risk their big target smh kid shoulda went to UL prolly woulda had a better shot of getting into school

Advertisement
Not a Canes, not family. Don't care if he ends up gator bait on Swamp People next year. Only hope he decides to take the matter up with his buddy Slave Trader.

Wow. Glad he didn't come here. Could you imagine the torture we would be going thru waiting on this kid? Esp at a need position? I think this kid will be jerrel powe 2.0. Will prob play one year at LSU then go pro.

Advertisement
Back