Champagnat and T Valentine with NCAA

Valentine is a cancer, very talented but a cancer! When your mentor is someone like Genron, you are officially damaged goods. I'm glad he didn't come here, wonder how that K Mart diploma will treat him if football doesn't work out?
Ah shut up with the bull****. First off you don't know if he's a cancer. The kid got in and congrats to him. If he stayed committed to us and just got cleared you'd be jerking yourself off to the news. Please enough with the self righteous bull****.

I'm mad cause the kid will probably be a stud and we missed out on him.

I'm not so sure he got in--unconditionally. I heard something about him before signing day and I think it was reliable. It just was not very specific. I think there were some conditions tied to his recruitment, that it was known he was not in the clear academically and they were trying to lay out a program for him. What that involved, I don't know. I heard that was a reason, perhaps the main reason, he did not come to Miami. Contrary to what was reported here, I think this might have been the reason we lost him, not scheme and not money.

Advertisement
I hate it when people say "If you will". Especially twice.

“There’s another administrative hurdle, if you will, that it has to go back through certain channels including the conference,” Miles said. “It’s a new legislation, if you will, based on guys who would get qualified late.”

The guy sounds almost unintelligible. "A new legislation"?

Advertisement
I hate it when people say "If you will". Especially twice.

“There’s another administrative hurdle, if you will, that it has to go back through certain channels including the conference,” Miles said. “It’s a new legislation, if you will, based on guys who would get qualified late.”

The guy sounds almost unintelligible. "A new legislation"?

that's grammatically correct. maybe not the most common usage, but it's not wrong.

Did he get in or not?

Looks like another school filed official protest (or something like that) with SEC about his transcripts. So school admitted him, NCAA clearing house gave him ok, but now SEC has to review. This could get interesting.....

Advertisement
Highly touted LSU freshman defensive tackle Travonte Valentine is still awaiting clearance from the SEC office about his high school academic standing, but he might not play this season even if he gets the go-ahead.

Valentine, who at one time was purportedly 6-3 and 325 pounds, showed up in Baton Rouge extremely overweight, according to a source. The combination of needing to lose weight and the SEC’s ongoing review of his academic credentials makes him a likely candidate to redshirt this season.

Valentine received approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse late last month, but the SEC is continuing to look into his academics from Champagnat Catholic School. He led the Miami-area program to the Florida Class 2A title last season.

Champagnat is a 247-student school for grades 6-12 and is located next to a used-car dealership. It’s drawing increased scrutiny in college football circles.

Another source familiar with Valentine’s academics is stunned that he received approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse. The source said Valentine had very few high school credits entering his junior year.

“If Travonte Valentine qualifies there’s something wrong,” the source said. “It’s not humanly possible."

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/15/dorial-green-beckham-oklahoma-domestic-violence

It's happening

Highly touted LSU freshman defensive tackle Travonte Valentine is still awaiting clearance from the SEC office about his high school academic standing, but he might not play this season even if he gets the go-ahead.

Valentine, who at one time was purportedly 6-3 and 325 pounds, showed up in Baton Rouge extremely overweight, according to a source. The combination of needing to lose weight and the SEC’s ongoing review of his academic credentials makes him a likely candidate to redshirt this season.

Valentine received approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse late last month, but the SEC is continuing to look into his academics from Champagnat Catholic School. He led the Miami-area program to the Florida Class 2A title last season.

Champagnat is a 247-student school for grades 6-12 and is located next to a used-car dealership. It’s drawing increased scrutiny in college football circles.

Another source familiar with Valentine’s academics is stunned that he received approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse. The source said Valentine had very few high school credits entering his junior year.

“If Travonte Valentine qualifies there’s something wrong,” the source said. “It’s not humanly possible."

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/09/15/dorial-green-beckham-oklahoma-domestic-violence

It's happening

Leader of Men

He was recruited by many schools, so many people are aware of his situation. You can see why they would be surprised he was cleared by the NCAA.

It's happening

That's great news. I hope the SEC program that is fighting so hard to bust the shyst that is Champagne Diploma Mill keeps grinding and brings that house of cards down.

Advertisement
Im almost glad we didnt get this kid. Following this fiasco and praying everyday he gets in only to not even have him available this year would have been the worst. Smh. Thank God for Courtel Jenkins.

Advertisement
Sounds like Genron rustled some other SEC program's jimmies. Ole Miss maybe? Bama? Maybe a bait and switch? Took the money and ran.

Sounds like Genron rustled some other SEC program's jimmies. Ole Miss maybe? Bama? Maybe a bait and switch? Took the money and ran.

He sold same slave to two masters. How else to you explain s$c suddenly being stricter than the nc$$.

He sold same slave to two masters. How else to you explain s$c suddenly being stricter than the nc$$.

I think the issue here may ultimately end up being how the ncaa cleared this guy in the first place........
\

I think the issue here may ultimately end up being how the ncaa cleared this guy in the first place........
\
The easy answer is that he signed with LSU, and Emmert has ties to them. If he signed here I guaranteed he'd have been flagged.

Advertisement
Back