Chaminade cryptic tweet

Advertisement
This is a trend.

There are exceptions to every rule, but the evidence on kids like this is they wash out far more often than not. You have to think the smart money right now is on this kid amounting to exactly zero. I hope he realizes this isn't the path he needs to be on before it's too late, because he's been blessed with/worked hard for immense talent that can make him generational wealth. Nothing sadder than watching troubled kids **** that away.

Let’s say he has a change of heart and he wants to come to UM. Owns up for whatever he did and asks Manny for a 2nd chance.... Do you think we bite?

I know it’s a strong scenario but with his boys from the West committed/committing he may wanna put on for the crib.

Honestly, I think this is a player decision. This is how you bring accountability and leadership into a locker room. Here is a kid that needs guidance but we are signing hopefully a bunch of kids he grew up. I think Manny should obviously do his own research but at some point, he should sit down with some of the players that know him and say "Is T. Lewis a good fit for you in our locker room." If any of the players object then no. But if they say, Coach we need him and we can control him then sign him up.

Assuming the board is right about his character issues, it’s probably best if we move on.

We’ve had a horrible track record of taking kids like this. I mean, sure, there is always a chance that this young man will turn the corner and blossom on and off the field, but that hasn’t been our luck over the past decade and a half.

Advertisement
Honestly, I think this is a player decision. This is how you bring accountability and leadership into a locker room. Here is a kid that needs guidance but we are signing hopefully a bunch of kids he grew up. I think Manny should obviously do his own research but at some point, he should sit down with some of the players that know him and say "Is T. Lewis a good fit for you in our locker room." If any of the players object then no. But if they say, Coach we need him and we can control him then sign him up.
you may be right, you may be wrong, who knows.

I'd love to see a list of kids like this that turn things around and become good teammates, let alone great players.

Bet the list would be short

I’ll take a kid bouncing around schools but if it’s true what he is alleged to do then I don’t want him here. Can’t deny his talent, hopefully somebody gets in his ear and gets him straight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
These things never pan out.
If everyone keeps kissing his *** regardless of what he does then how do you expect him to Change? This is exactly the type of kid jimbo takes.

He's exactly the kind of kid we took with Jeff Thomas.

If we were in the driver's seat here, people would be giving him every break there ever was. They would talk about how we're different, a real family, etc.

I know this, I would treat it like real life. Take the chance, don't be looking back at what could've been. It may work out, it may not, but let's not act like we're above taking chances on talent that can help.

He's exactly the kind of kid we took with Jeff Thomas.

If we were in the driver's seat here, people would be giving him every break there ever was. They would talk about how we're different, a real family, etc.

I know this, I would treat it like real life. Take the chance, don't be looking back at what could've been. It may work out, it may not, but let's not act like we're above taking chances on talent that can help.
I think the problem with us not taking him is the female angle.
What I meant about not panning out is in reference to kids that fck around with their recruiting. However, avantae seemed to be all over the place with it too. But usually kids like that don't work out. But there is a reason why he’s rated that high and it’s undeniable.
We actually took 2 chances with Jt4 and not much to show for it.

Advertisement
Idk.

I would take him in a heartbeat, but I have no idea what Manny & Baker are looking for with LB's.

He may be too talented lol.
Mannnnn look...this is easy. If he wants in, move J Hammett to DE, and then take 1 more DE, Ishmael or T Davis whomever pops 1st, and then take T2s commitment.

Is he going to have all his academics in order to qualify? Lot of transferring around schools- hope he's staying on top of that. It's the kind of risk Mullen takes a few times each cycle...

Even the gators don't want him:

1592013487600.png

Advertisement
Back