Chad Thomas to return for senior season

View as article
Good **** Chad.... One more year in this system... And and Joe Jackson back.... Like the looks of this

Advertisement
Outside of Bama, how many college DLs can boast to 10-11 rotational DL who ALL have experience and will all play in the NFL to some degree?

We can say that right now?

We'll be able to say that next year, as indicated by the projection in the post. Do you disagree that 5 of the DTs and 5 of the DEs will eventually sniff the NFL? I'll go a step further and say probably 7 of the bunch get drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see no "POP" from Chad...Most of his TFL's were a result of Diaz's blitzes that gave him advantageous lanes to the ball carrier..

he either needs to get stronger or more agile.. He has no rip move swim move spin move or power move

I see no "POP" from Chad...Most of his TFL's were a result of Diaz's blitzes that gave him advantageous lanes to the ball carrier..

he either needs to get stronger or more agile.. He has no rip move swim move spin move or power move

Wait; didn't u ask for a permanent ban? Lol. Welcome back

So sources have said Thomas back , Kaaya most likely back and Yearby and Njoku gone. I can live with that due to Herdon being a beast of a TE as well.

Advertisement
IMO Chad would be better served putting on weight and moving inside. Doesn't seem as athletic as the other DE's. Not explosive in his get off, struggles getting off and around blocks.

Very underwhelming as a pass rusher. Maybe he was playing hurt but he doesn't stand out at all.

IMO Chad would be better served putting on weight and moving inside. Doesn't seem as athletic as the other DE's. Not explosive in his get off, struggles getting off and around blocks.

Yeah, I've wondered the same thing. Not convinced that he can't do it. I think some players will find their way with little help, like a Ken Dorsey and Ed Reed, and some players DO need some help to flourish.

I haven't given up on Chad for being a dominant DE. What he has to do this summer is do what Hankerson did before his last season: get with an expert for his position and dedicate himself to becoming a dominant DE. I still have faith that he can do it if he puts in the next 8 months to accomplish just that. What can I say? I'm an optimist!!!

Advertisement
Don't know what some of to u were watching..but Chad had a pretty good year. Alot of yall were haters of him regardless of what he did...because it pushes your hate for Ice Harris - BTW agenda. Joe Joe Jackson is not currently better than him..but it wasn't a competition to begin with. This dl group will be beastly next year.
They don't play the same position and won't be in competition with each other next year. Joe will once again be at the spot originally set for AQM. D-Jax was moved over there after fall practice, but it'll be interesting to see how that spot shakes out. My guess is it's Joe's to lose. Either way, it's been 15 years since we can say we have a DE rotation like what we'll have next year:

Chad Thomas/ D-Jax/Bethel
Joe Jackson/Trent Harris/Patchan (?)/Super Frosh

Andrew Williams/Cornelius Green/Lavaar Scott
Mcdougle/Jamal Green/John Square

Our overall DL rotation next year is madness.

The above is supplemented with:

Mcintosh/Willis/Fines
Norton/Moten/Jenkins

Outside of Bama, how many college DLs can boast to 10-11 rotational DL who ALL have experience and will all play in the NFL to some degree?

Exactlky. Ive been paying a lot of attention to Gerald Willis and he has been beasting when in as well. **** all Jenkins does is disrupt stuff when in as well..I l;ove the DL talent we have. I don't get why folks brought up Joe with Chad when they aren't the same type of player at the same position. I'm excited az sh*t Lu...especially to see the class they bring in at DL..cause DJ and Garvin are some dogs at End...and Ford is built similar to Richard Mcintosh right now.

NOBODY has him even sniffing the top 10 DE's in the 2017 Draft. In fact, a lot of the rankings don't even have him in the top 20 at that position. You don't really need to make a formal announcement that you're coming back for another year when this is the case. Some of these kids are still in recruit mode, obviously. Chad not wanting Petey to steal his non-existent thunder over what should be a forgone conclusion?
+1 not a Chad fan so I'll keep my personal opinion to myself.

I'm sure everyone was at the edge of their seats waiting on you to opine on the subject.

I see you were... why don't you mind your own business

Soooo...Can we consider Lil Chad a bust so far?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

If a kid is on your roster and still has eligibility left then it's always a better idea to hold off on labeling someone a bust.

Advertisement

Pretty much. He also doesn't offer much in terms of pass rushing abilities. He has a long way to go as a 4-3 DE.

NOBODY has him even sniffing the top 10 DE's in the 2017 Draft. In fact, a lot of the rankings don't even have him in the top 20 at that position. You don't really need to make a formal announcement that you're coming back for another year when this is the case. Some of these kids are still in recruit mode, obviously. Chad not wanting Petey to steal his non-existent thunder over what should be a forgone conclusion?

I'm sure everyone was at the edge of their seats waiting on you to opine on the subject.

When you embarrassed yourself over being an Alex Collins insider, you have no business being here.

When you embarrassed yourself over being an Alex Collins insider, you have no business being here.

Man get the f#ck over it and grow up! I don't see you stalking Pete who said the exact same thing.

Advertisement
Expected but still reassuring. Makes it easier to sell JUCO CBs with stuff like this. Not only is playing time available but the front 7 will be stacked for you. Crown Kool, I will burn Hecht to the ground if we lose this guy to a lateral job move.

If a school decides to offer him coordinator money, to merely coach D-Line he's gone, and there's nothing Miami can do about that. Remember, schools like Texas and LSU can easily offer 1.5 million for a position coach, if they wanted, it's nothing to them.

He's moved 2 times in 23 years of coaching. He's not going anywhere

A lot of guys have been loyal, but eventually some go for the money. I was merely saying that everyone has a price, and if someone really made it a priority to get him, he could possibly leave. I don't see him leaving, he has that Bud Foster personality type, he appears to be a guy that truly does it for the love of it, it's not about the money.

Great news. That front 7 gonna be real. I actually think the secondary will be better. I'm looking for Finley to step in beside Jaquan.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't know what some of to u were watching..but Chad had a pretty good year. Alot of yall were haters of him regardless of what he did...because it pushes your hate for Ice Harris - BTW agenda. Joe Joe Jackson is not currently better than him..but it wasn't a competition to begin with. This dl group will be beastly next year.
They don't play the same position and won't be in competition with each other next year. Joe will once again be at the spot originally set for AQM. D-Jax was moved over there after fall practice, but it'll be interesting to see how that spot shakes out. My guess is it's Joe's to lose. Either way, it's been 15 years since we can say we have a DE rotation like what we'll have next year:

Chad Thomas/ D-Jax/Bethel
Joe Jackson/Trent Harris/Patchan (?)/Super Frosh

Andrew Williams/Cornelius Green/Lavaar Scott
Mcdougle/Jamal Green/John Square

Our overall DL rotation next year is madness.

The above is supplemented with:

Mcintosh/Willis/Fines
Norton/Moten/Jenkins

IMHO you have to go back further than 15 years to find a d-line as talented as we should have next year. I think you have to go back to the 80's teams. These kids won't quite be THAT good next year, but IMHO it's a more talented unit than the one's Butch had here. They are going to wreak havoc next fall. We might end up weak in the secondary, but they'll only have to cover to three Mississippi.

Advertisement
Back