Chad Thomas is still getting bigger

Finally a REAL, old Miami style, pass rushing Defensive End. Long, athletic with great bend and an explosive get-off.

My favorite thing about him is that his pass rushing skills are already extremely refined. He knows how to set Linemen up for the bull rush, he uses his hands well, he's versatile with his moves.

This is a kid who can help us immediately. This isn't a Tyriq McCord, who's athletic but undersized. This isn't a Jelani Hamilton, who's got a D1 DE body but isn't explosive. This isn't an Anthony Chickillo, who's big but robotic and can't bend. This guy is a **** freak. The type of DE who can be a top-5 pick IMO.

I don't know if we've ever had a defensive end here that has been that big and that athletic as what Thomas has demonstrated. Don't get me wrong we've had difference makers at the position in the past, but this guy could separate himself into an entirely new category. 1st round 1st pick - Clowney territory.

Advertisement
From a size standpoint I dont think many teams can say they have a DE that is 6'6 with that wingspan

Finally a REAL, old Miami style, pass rushing Defensive End. Long, athletic with great bend and an explosive get-off.

My favorite thing about him is that his pass rushing skills are already extremely refined. He knows how to set Linemen up for the bull rush, he uses his hands well, he's versatile with his moves.

This is a kid who can help us immediately. This isn't a Tyriq McCord, who's athletic but undersized. This isn't a Jelani Hamilton, who's got a D1 DE body but isn't explosive. This isn't an Anthony Chickillo, who's big but robotic and can't bend. This guy is a **** freak. The type of DE who can be a top-5 pick IMO.

I agree. This is the most CFB ready DE (assuming he signs with us) that we've ever had coming out of HS. Think of a better AQM.

I will say, however, that ask folks on this board who have seen Jelani up close and they will all tell you he has a soft body - definitely not a D1 body coming out of HS. Maybe in terms of total weight, but certainly not physique.

I agree. This is the most CFB ready DE (assuming he signs with us) that we've ever had coming out of HS. Think of a better AQM.

I will say, however, that ask folks on this board who have seen Jelani up close and they will all tell you he has a soft body - definitely not a D1 body coming out of HS. Maybe in terms of total weight, but certainly not physique.

Woah.....

Advertisement
Yes, that good!

Athletically at the same age, AQM has the slight edge, but from a size and skill perspective, Thomas has him.

Don't get me wrong Chad has awesome size..especially with his length

But AQM just seems put together better..

Yes, that good!

Athletically at the same age, AQM has the slight edge, but from a size and skill perspective, Thomas has him.

Hes not as good as AQM yet. His ceiling his higher but he's not as refined as AQM. AQM as this moment looks to have a higher motor. With added weight he will be a very good SDE. I don't think their games are that comparable to say he's a better version of AQM. That being said Thomas hasn't played his senior year yet which will be a major indictator his talent level. Last year he was playing at a lower weight and was more raw as a player. He has improved his skill set, strength, and technique.

He'd beat Chad in a bodybuilding competition, but that's not what people are talking about. Chad is taller longer and is more advanced physically and strength wise at this point in his development than AQM was. He looks like he has a bigger natural build to gain mass.

Advertisement
Luckily we don't have to praise one (between AQM and Chad) at the expense of the other because they are BOTH canes and they get to complement each other on the field for OUR team!

He'd beat Chad in a bodybuilding competition, but that's not what people are talking about. Chad is taller longer and is more advanced physically and strength wise at this point in his development than AQM was. He looks like he has a bigger natural build to gain mass.

Sounds like we are trying to decide who's better: Edgerrin James or Willis Mcgahee?
I'm just ecstatic both are Canes.

Look forward to see him this year and see if he retained some of that lateral movement that made him special last year. The guy hasn't even started his senior year of HS. He can easily grow himself out of the DE position.

Nah...he can't outgrow DE at that height. That is exactly where he should be.

Just my opinion

Advertisement
This dude is focus and is destined for greatness...

1) C.Thomas99 ‏@F5_Chad

Trynna walk after greats like Mr. Ray Lewis, Mr. Ed Reed, Mr. Michael Barrow , Mr. Sean Taylor.... Yea?

1) C.Thomas99 ‏@F5_Chad

Trynna walk after greats like Mr. Ray Lewis, Mr. Ed Reed, Mr. Michael Barrow , Mr. Sean Taylor.... Yea?

A teenager that uses Twitter responsibly? Say it aint so.

Oh, and LOVE that whole thing.

1) C.Thomas99 ‏@F5_Chad

A teenager that uses Twitter responsibly? Say it aint so.

Oh, and LOVE that whole thing.

Also showing the legends he named great respect by prefacing their names with "Mr."

Chad Thomas is the ******* man. Him and AQM and McCord together make me one happy ************.

Advertisement
24.png

Chad's got some Jerome Brown in him

:neonu:

Advertisement
Back