CFP to expand to as many as 16 teams?

I do not want to watch #16 vs #1. **** #4 cant play with #1 now its usually a blow out.
At the moment. But let's say it's an 8 team or 16 team playoff. It's possible that after a few years, the majority of the best talent might not be going to Ohio State, Clemson and Alabama. Those schools are perpetually making the 4 team playoff (along with Oklahoma usually), so it's natural that the most elite talent would want to go - which in turn reinforces those teams making the playoffs.

Advertisement
I do not want to watch #16 vs #1. **** #4 cant play with #1 now its usually a blow out.
Why? matchups are different, bring in different conferences and styles. Also many times the #8 team could match up better than #4 vs. say the 1. Also like NFL playoffs team gets hot late could run table.

Also the CFB playoff right now Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, lesser extent OU can say to said recruits come here for your shot at CFB playoff. We make it basically every year. Also here is a bag for good measure!

RIP best regular season in sports. But ncaa may have already done too much damage to stick to the current format. They’re going to have to reduce regular season games

Advertisement
6 teams, top 2 get a bye. Keeps regular season important. Top 2 get a bye! Nobody sits on rivalry weekend. The whole ******* season is playoffs! Everybody doesn’t get a trophy man! Stop killing my football

At the moment. But let's say it's an 8 team or 16 team playoff. It's possible that after a few years, the majority of the best talent might not be going to Ohio State, Clemson and Alabama. Those schools are perpetually making the 4 team playoff (along with Oklahoma usually), so it's natural that the most elite talent would want to go - which in turn reinforces those teams making the playoffs.
So you can promise recruits to come to get into the CFP to get their *** whipped in a feeble attempt to unseat the goliaths? It is like telling a BB recruit that our goal is to be a sixteenth seed. Well not at Miami.

Advertisement
16 is fine why stop at 8? first round are home games and then the following rounds are when bowl season starts. You can still have other bowls as well.

If you start the bowls in quarter final round you would need 7 bowls...
With 16 teams it would take 4 weeks to decide the winner, just do not think that is going to happen.
it does in FCS.

Advertisement
Eight is more than enough , 16 waters down the playoff and and the season. Nobody wants to watch a three or four loss team get housed by bama. The thing that makes cfb great is the regular season meaning so much.
Waa going to say basically the same thing. 6 with top 2 getting a bye would be fine as would going to an 8 team playoff. 8 would be the absolute max for the reasons given above.

A 16 team playoff would ruin the best regular season in all of sports. No, thanks. No one is even factoring in all the injuries that will occur that could change a team’s season. Besides, #6-#16 shouldn’t be discussed in a national title hunt.

But what about bowl committee members who make 6 and 7 figure salaries for doing nothing? Won’t somebody think of the committees!!??

Advertisement
With 16 teams it would take 4 weeks to decide the winner, just do not think that is going to happen.
Every other level of football has playoffs. I wonder how they do it some days, because I keep hearing how it's impossible at this one specific level of play to possibly have playoffs.

This won't level the playing field like some think. 4 is good right now imo cause the same four are are the elite schools. Ain't no point watching bama win 80-0
Yea 16 is too many and really pointless. With the lack of parody 13-16 can not compete with 1-4. 6-8 might be the sweet spot.

I also really like the idea of a group of 5 playoff.

Advertisement
Back